Hoverfly Weekly Update - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2011, 05:18 PM
Al Ducharme
Discussion

Hoverfly Weekly Update

In this thread I will update everyone as to news, progress, new products, known issues, etc.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2011, 05:25 PM
Al Ducharme

December 1, 2011

We currently have stock on GPS boards but are still waiting on GPS modules. We have ordered more and expect them in the next few days. These modules will enable us to ship the remaining GPS orders.

We have some exciting new products on the way that we have been working on. HoverflyOPEN and HoverflyGIMBAL. More info shortly.

Holidays and other matters. The past week has spent with family during the Thanksgiving Holiday. In addition, we had some serious family matters that one of our team members went through. We are back to work now on firmware and new products.

Today we released information about our Yellow Jacket protection plan. You can get more info on the store and our support site http://hoverflytech.zendesk.com

George and I have been shooting video for an up coming fishing commercial and a fishing show that will air in January. More info we I can release it.

We fly everyday testing new firmware. Your patience and help on the forums has been an immense help to us.

We attended HHAEFI in Georgia a while back. We plan to attend more events like this in the future.

Known Issues:
Yaw - If your aircraft has a thrust imbalance CW vs. CCW then you may see an increase or decrease in altitude when yawing. We are aware of the problem and are working on code to account for this.

GPS Circling - When in GPS position hold, some users report a circling effect around the position. We have seen this and are working on a better position hold algorithm.

Altitude Hold and Gimbal tilt when yawing - We are aware of this problem and can repeat it. We are working on a correction for this.

OSD - Well it is just terrible and not useful at all at the moment. A re-write of the OSD has been completed. We are integrating it now. The new OSD looks really good and I know you will like what you see.
Last edited by photronix; Nov 30, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Thanks for the update....

I'd make it a sticky
Dec 01, 2011, 02:25 AM
France
Thanks for the update AL;
Have you an expected date for the release of the new firmaware? Customer
are asking..
Alain
Dec 01, 2011, 08:51 PM
OK, you let the cat out of the bag, where can we find information about HoverflyOPEN and HoverflyGIMBAL?
Dec 02, 2011, 12:52 AM
manual flying apologist
is it the hoverflyGimbal board?
http://mikrokopter.co/

or an actual gimbal?
Dec 02, 2011, 06:27 AM
Al Ducharme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck
OK, you let the cat out of the bag, where can we find information about HoverflyOPEN and HoverflyGIMBAL?
There is no information available just yet. I can tell you that the HoverflyGIMBAL is a multi-axis gimbal controller not a gimbal camera mount.
Dec 02, 2011, 06:43 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Last edited by Stacky; Dec 02, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
Dec 02, 2011, 01:40 PM

You can't be serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix
There is no information available just yet. I can tell you that the HoverflyGIMBAL is a multi-axis gimbal controller not a gimbal camera mount.

So let me see: I have bought one board for flying and one board to get the copter to stay still in air. Next I will buy a board to get a working stabilization. After that I probably need a board to get navipoints.

Are you kidding? Is there anything the two boards I already bought can do?
Dec 02, 2011, 02:59 PM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Guys at Hoverfly, may I suggest you lock and sticky this thread so it is only updates from you and no replies.

It is a great idea to have these updates and hints on upcoming products on a thread, but it is a double edged sword and will quickly become polluted with questions and complaints as we can already see above.

I would do it soon and delete this and all posts that are not an update from HF.
Dec 02, 2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuutee
So let me see: I have bought one board for flying and one board to get the copter to stay still in air. Next I will buy a board to get a working stabilization. After that I probably need a board to get navipoints.

Are you kidding? Is there anything the two boards I already bought can do?
Questions That I and everybody out there want answered, and my future with HF
Dec 02, 2011, 10:37 PM
Brushless
Do we have any ETA on the firmware update? I am getting really antsy with this whole DJI thing that keeps posting - I am trying to keep my loyalties with Hoverfly (like many of us) but watching features like stable GPS position hold, return to home on TX signal loss and low battery RTH is almost more than I can take since my main photo ship has been grounded since the Hoverfly GPS release firmware update and then the silence - Guys we realize that things happen and cause delays - just looking for a realistic date so I can decide how to handle my day to day business decisions. Any idea on a release date would be great - I just want to know how far out we are on what has been promised - New products are great don't get me wrong - But for those of us who bought GPS units we just want to be kept in the loop since we are over 60 days since GPS was released and the majority of us are still having problems

MM
Last edited by cdi3d; Dec 02, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
Dec 03, 2011, 02:19 AM
I can fell from the information of HF in the above wrote, the message is clean.
He tell us both in good and bad point of his product, in the result it make me trust that some weak point that he mention can be clean in the near future, thanks for you up date HF-team.
Dec 03, 2011, 06:04 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d
Do we have any ETA on the firmware update? I am getting really antsy with this whole DJI thing that keeps posting - I am trying to keep my loyalties with Hoverfly (like many of us) but watching features like stable GPS position hold, return to home on TX signal loss and low battery RTH is almost more than I can take since my main photo ship has been grounded since the Hoverfly GPS release firmware update and then the silence - Guys we realize that things happen and cause delays - just looking for a realistic date so I can decide how to handle my day to day business decisions. Any idea on a release date would be great - I just want to know how far out we are on what has been promised - New products are great don't get me wrong - But for those of us who bought GPS units we just want to be kept in the loop since we are over 60 days since GPS was released and the majority of us are still having problems

MM
I agree GPS improvements have been painfully slow in coming. I think George said they there would be an update out next week.

Dec 03, 2011, 06:18 AM
What goes around comes around.
Hoping the release of a gimbal board isn't going to hinder the future refinement/development of the existing camera mount control. I am looking forward to the new OSD & a fully working GPS board though. Being the owner of two hfpro boards i will be sticking around for a while to see how things develop but am eagerly awaiting a fully functioning gps board before i order one. Have my eyes on the DJI also.