Nov 30, 2011, 09:50 AM
I like foam
Thread OP
Fly-In

Saturday January 14, 2012: Indoor FunFly in southeastern Pennsylvania

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting another indoor funfly this January 14th, 2012. The event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court.

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 8:30am until 5pm (pilot registration starts at 8:30am)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation (offset table rental cost) to the club lets you fly all day. Students fly for $5, and pilots under 10 are free.
SPECTATOR COST: Free
BRING: AMA highly encouraged; limited A/C power
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.

We have enough flight line for 10-12 active pilots.
20 minute rotations of: 3D, open flying, and micro only.

ROOM: Approximately 20-30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come first serve. Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Onsite charging must be in a firebox or similar.

A frequency board will be provided, but we are not impounding radios. Use of 2.4GHz is highly recommended.

Pilot registration is available on our website: http://www.northpennmac.org/funfly.htm

FOOD: You can purchase hotdogs, drinks, and similar items at the snack bar (open 10:30am-2pm ish...). The snack bar revenues benefit our Technology Student Association (TSA). Unfortunately, no food or drinks are permitted in the gyms. You have to eat and drink in the lobby area.

VENDORS: Vendors are welcome for the event. Contact voichemg@npenn.org if you're interested. (We'd love donations to raffle instead of an entrance fee)

See attached flyer.

Last Winter's funfly was a huge success!
Check out our photos

Spread the word! We hope to see you there!!!
Last edited by mikeythev; Jan 05, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2011, 05:28 PM
JR > Futaba
Should be fun! Will be there.
--Brian
Dec 01, 2011, 09:51 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

Registration link

Register for the event by clicking here.

Or by scanning the QR Code...
Dec 01, 2011, 09:59 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

A student made flyer

Attacher flyer

Dec 01, 2011, 10:05 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

promo video for our event

Model Aviation Club Fun-Fly promotional video 2009 (1 min 43 sec)
Dec 02, 2011, 07:51 PM
Cool. Looks like something I might attend
Dec 04, 2011, 03:51 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

seeking sponsors, donors, vendors

We are seeking vendors and sponsors for the event. If interested, please email voichemg@npenn.org or call 215.368.9800 Ext 1325 and ask for Mike Voicheck.
Dec 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

Registration

Don't forget to register! We hope to see you in January.
Dec 28, 2011, 04:48 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

What are you bringing?

So Santa literally skipped my house this year. Bummer for me. Did you get new toys to bring to our fun-fly?
Dec 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Which vendors do you know are coming so far?
Dec 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
ParkScaleModels
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Which vendors do you know are coming so far?
It looks like I will be able to be there...
Dec 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Interesting? I would love to make the drive! Will people be able to practice F3P with 32" Depron pattern planes? Or is it more of a parkzone demolition Derby?

I purchased my self a Fancy foam AJ Osiris for Xmas, Would be great to spend the day flying it..
Dec 29, 2011, 10:02 PM
I like foam
Thread OP

A few vague answers

I don't have a definite from Hobby Hut but they will hopefully make it. I haven't heard back from Castle as a donor yet either. We've had the event before Christmas in the past. I think that having after the holidays makes it tough for people to commit. Theres a hobby shop near Immaculata that would like to come too.

It took a bit of begging our athletic directors to find a date that worked.

As for a schedule, I can set aside time for practicing f3p throughout the day. Closer to the end of our event usually means open air, and most pilots are gone by 4:30, so staying late could pay out.

Running a 20 minute flying type rotation substantially increased aircraft lifetime and pilot friendliness.
Dec 29, 2011, 10:03 PM
I like foam
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro
Interesting? I would love to make the drive! Will people be able to practice F3P with 32" Depron pattern planes? Or is it more of a parkzone demolition Derby?

I purchased my self a Fancy foam AJ Osiris for Xmas, Would be great to spend the day flying it..
Definitely not. Our first event was, but it's much better now.
Dec 29, 2011, 10:04 PM
I like foam
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker
It looks like I will be able to be there...
That sounds great Zeke!

Quick Reply