Thread Tools
Nov 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley
What is a 9958? Is the new battery bigger or somthing? I have a lot of the older batteries, will they work on the new?
9958 is referring to xieda 9958 helicopter, which is very similar to the v911.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2012, 07:34 PM
Registered User
I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911. Was wondering where I could get more/better batteries for it.



Thanks
Nov 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
[QUOTE=NeonFlak;23159691]I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911.

that's great
Nov 01, 2012, 08:31 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
@Santley, 9958 refers to the Great Wall Xieda 9958. It is a fixed pitch single rotor 4ch helicopter modeled after the Blade MSR, just like the V911 modeled after the Solo Pro. It is, therefore a similar helicopter of the same class as the V911, yet it has some quite different characteristics. If you want to learn more about it, I suggest that you visit the 9958 thread.

The 9958 uses Eflite/Parkzone batteries, something that is very easy to find. So much so, that I have converted my V911 to accept the same kind of batteries, So I could share batteries between the two models.

@NeonFlak, to answer your question, the old V911 battery is kind of proprietary, and the new V911, although uses the mCPx type plug, is not the main stream. To get better selection, and easy source for batteries, consider also converting it to accept 9958 style batteries.
Nov 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak
I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911. Was wondering where I could get more/better batteries for it.

Thanks

proprietary WLToys batteries:
http://www.banggood.com/buy/V911%20b...0-0_page1.html

(however, it is getting harder and harder to get batteries directly from china ...)



Anyway, I am pretty much in agreement with what helipad said: if you want it "easy", see that you can mod your V911 to accept mSR style (that is the same as for blade mcx, mcxe, msr, msrx, xieda 9958, SH6032 and probably a whole boat load of other helis!) - however, this means soldering (which is why I wont do that myself ... ..)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Nov 01, 2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
@Santley, 9958 refers to the Great Wall Xieda 9958. It is a fixed pitch single rotor 4ch helicopter modeled after the Blade MSR, just like the V911 modeled after the Solo Pro. It is, therefore a similar helicopter of the same class as the V911, yet it has some quite different characteristics. If you want to learn more about it, I suggest that you visit the 9958 thread.

The 9958 uses Eflite/Parkzone batteries, something that is very easy to find. So much so, that I have converted my V911 to accept the same kind of batteries, So I could share batteries between the two models.

@NeonFlak, to answer your question, the old V911 battery is kind of proprietary, and the new V911, although uses the mCPx type plug, is not the main stream. To get better selection, and easy source for batteries, consider also converting it to accept 9958 style batteries.

Is there a write up or anything on converting the V911?
Nov 01, 2012, 09:11 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
NeonFlak. Nothing to it. Just solder the UM plug to the RX board or skids and you're ready to use those style batteries.

Let us know if there's something specific you're unclear about.
Nov 01, 2012, 11:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak
I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911. Was wondering where I could get more/better batteries for it.

Thanks
If it's an RTF, it probably will come with two 120mAH or 130mAH.
The 130's have a higher C rating - and thus more pep than the 120's

Those are fine, but 150mAH are available.
They give substantially longer flight time. And maybe even more pep.
Be careful not to overheat the motors by letting them cool between long flights.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html

I bought some from a US seller on Ebay. Cost about twice as much, but had em inside a week.

I got some 145mAH, but was very disappointed in both peppiness and flight time.
Nov 02, 2012, 12:26 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
proprietary WLToys batteries:
http://www.banggood.com/buy/V911%20b...0-0_page1.html

(however, it is getting harder and harder to get batteries directly from china ...)



Anyway, I am pretty much in agreement with what helipad said: if you want it "easy", see that you can mod your V911 to accept mSR style (that is the same as for blade mcx, mcxe, msr, msrx, xieda 9958, SH6032 and probably a whole boat load of other helis!) - however, this means soldering (which is why I wont do that myself ... ..)
E2, with all the helis and quads that you own, how can you refrain from having to do any soldering all this time? You must never break anything, or have an unlimited budget for flying toys.
Nov 02, 2012, 03:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
E2, with all the helis and quads that you own, how can you refrain from having to do any soldering all this time? You must never break anything, or have an unlimited budget for flying toys.
...or many good friends with soldering abilities
Nov 02, 2012, 05:03 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
I know some do not care for Tmart but they seem to have the new style battery in stock now in the US warehouse for $3.63 each along with the new style skids.
Nov 02, 2012, 06:21 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
E2, with all the helis and quads that you own, how can you refrain from having to do any soldering all this time? You must never break anything, or have an unlimited budget for flying toys.


...or many good friends with soldering abilities
Like Meatloaf said " 2 out of 3 ain't bad"... luckily I only lack the unlimited financing (or I would be "worse" off than I already am in my addiction ... ...)
[sadly, lately it is to the largest extent "door 1" though, because I have way more birds than time ... but I am in the process of changing this ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Nov 02, 2012, 11:04 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy
I know some do not care for Tmart but they seem to have the new style battery in stock now in the US warehouse for $3.63 each along with the new style skids.
The only thing missing now is the female battery connector, for people who have the old style and want to convert. Better yet, they should start selling new version BNF's.
Nov 02, 2012, 11:14 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
The only thing missing now is the female battery connector, for people who have the old style and want to convert. Better yet, they should start selling new version BNF's.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

Just cut them off and you got 6 female plugs with about 1.5inch wire for 20 cents a piece (of course, you need to "need" something else to make the shipping worthwhile ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Nov 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

Just cut them off and you got 6 female plugs with about 1.5inch wire for 20 cents a piece (of course, you need to "need" something else to make the shipping worthwhile ...)
I had a hunch HK carries them, just too lazy to look. Ordered one together with other 'needed' items.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM