Mar 19, 2012, 04:17 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona
WOW are you sure your 9958 has TBE???
Yep, the circular motion got bigger the longer I hovered.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2012, 04:22 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel
Yep, the circular motion got bigger the longer I hovered.
did you try to counter it with cyclic input? Because you CAN tame TBE sir.
Mar 19, 2012, 04:24 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Just took the corter out into some wind weather, as WL toys says " first helicopter than can fly in wind weather grade 3-5".

I took it out into wind weather grade 10-15 and it got thrown around like a ragdoll. Just keeping to from floating away was a challenge. Its not good for anything more than 5mph winds unless you just have a lot of space because it will get tossed around.
Mar 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee
I had read on one of these pages that quality and performance can vary based on the color you choose. Has anybody found this to be true recently with the new design changes?
We have black and red and they fly exactly the same.

The only difference could be if they come from different production batches, and that is only a guess.
Mar 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre
This has probably been posted before, but the thread is a bit big to quickly browse through.
Is there a shop that ships these paddles to Europe for an acceptable price?
Links and pictures of the V911 with paddles are more then welcome!
Here's mine with xtreme CF. Added bonus of the paddles is that you can adjust the radius, which varies the controllability/responsiveness to your liking.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Here's mine with xtreme CF. Added bonus of the paddles is that you can adjust the radius, which varies the controllability/responsiveness to your liking.
Well, you have the white tail rotor on your yellow and black main rotor. The white rotor seems a bit bigger than the black (visually??) on mine. That may be an upgrade too.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives
So I am really enjoying this little helicopter out doors, still working on my right hand turns though. It seems to whip around no matter how little rudder I give it, while the left turns are much smoother on the rudder.
On these single blade fixed pitch helis, you need to add right aileron (right roll) with the yaw in right hand turns to make it bank and not slide through the corner.
Mar 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
I just experienced that the new tail motor mount is nowhere as good as the old one. The old one is more secure while the new one can just pop the white top(where the brushes are) on the tail motor off when striked.
Mar 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
On these single blade fixed pitch helis, you need to add right aileron (right roll) with the yaw in right hand turns to make it bank and not slide through the corner.

I am banking, but it is such a fine line on the rudder that it either just slides to the right or snaps around, I am sure its just me needing to get a bit better at finessing it around
Mar 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234
I just experienced that the new tail motor mount is nowhere as good as the old one. The old one is more secure while the new one can just pop the white top(where the brushes are) on the tail motor off when striked.
You know I will admit to slamming mine a few times, OK more than a few times, but the only problem I have had with the new design is how they ran the wires. I nearly severed one of the tail rotor wires and started getting some shorting causing the heli to twitch under full power.
Mar 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL

Wives Are Funny

My wife re-arranged this just for me.....

"I want that helicopter..ooooohhh....give me that helicopter...ooohhhh!!!"

Wife is funny!
Mar 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
Heli Mania
I've found that if the flybar pivot screw is too tight on a V911, it will induce TBE. Loosed it up a little bit at a time until the TBE goes away.
Mar 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
IF yer lusting after flybar paddles... buy 'em from another heli.
My old esky FP ones could easily be modded to fit.
Check out Xheli's or Heli directs' Esky FP heli parts.
Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
I've found that if the flybar pivot screw is too tight on a V911, it will induce TBE. Loosed it up a little bit at a time until the TBE goes away.
If there is ANYTHING rubbing or too tight in the head assembly, the heli will show TBE. All linkages, flybar, mixing arms and horizontal shaft have to allow smooth and unrestrained movement.

Someone mentioned earlier wanting to tighten the flybar to reduce flybar strikes. This would not work. It would make the heli unstable and likely to have more flybar strikes.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris
Mar 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Hey everyone, I just finished talking to WLToys and passed on our comments.
So here are some new info:

-Swashplate has been fixed (He said that the newer batches shouldn't experience any problems with the swashplate separating)

-The next batch of TXs will show the correct mode (instead of mode 1 regardless)

- An icon showing Low/High rates is in the works... but probably wont be seen on recent revisions.

Finally, the word "borken" will be changed to "broken" on the main rotors.

I will talk to him again in a few hours because he will provide me with a list of improvements..
anything else you guys want me to pass to him?

I'm really looking forward to future generation V911s

Quick Reply