Jan 30, 2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I received some Solo Pro Blades in the mail today, ones I had ordered last week after breaking my 3rd set of V911 blades due to the smaller diameter pivot pins found on both the metal head and the Solo Pro head I had been trying.

I'm still having some flight time problems (barely 3 minutes or slightly more) but I still decided to put the Delrin head back on just for laughs. The new blades (as they should) fit perfectly on the Delrin head but I'm a little surprised that the slight shuddering I had been seeing (with my new V911 head) was not present. The slight shuddering may still reappear but the 1st flight with the Delrin head and new blades showed no signs of a shudder.
I was going to ask if you think your blades were not balanced, but it sounds like you've gone through a lot of blades, so I'm guessing this isn't the problem?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 09:25 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
I don't know if anybody else is having the same problem with the pinion. My second heli is starting to TBE. I checked the pinion and its starting to wear quickly.

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...911_pinion.jpg
Wow, that's crazy. You'd think the nylon main gear would wear first. I use lube on my gears, and haven't seen any signs of wear at all.
Jan 30, 2012, 09:35 PM
I own 1/16th scale tanks and have upgraded one to brass gears..........biggest mistake ever. Brass sucks. I upgraded my other tank to steel gears and it's rock solid. One other thing: Nylon............if you want to make it more flexible/stronger, boil it......not too hot as you don't want it to warp it but nylon can dry out and boiling it hydrates it (no I'm not sh*t*ng you).
Jan 30, 2012, 09:58 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I own 1/16th scale tanks and have upgraded one to brass gears..........biggest mistake ever. Brass sucks. I upgraded my other tank to steel gears and it's rock solid. One other thing: Nylon............if you want to make it more flexible/stronger, boil it......not too hot as you don't want it to warp it but nylon can dry out and boiling it hydrates it (no I'm not sh*t*ng you).
A flying club I belong to DEMANDS that all Nylon props be boiled before our anual "Animal 500 Pylon Race" to minimize the risk of brittleness and "grenading".
Jan 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
Crash Dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Orientation shouldn't really be an issue if orientation was fully mastered with a 3-ch heli. I honed my orientation skills by imagining I'm sitting in the cockpit of the heli like I was flying it. To me, that helps while the brain is getting trained on orientation.
That's a pretty good suggestion. When I got my 4ch I had only been flying for a little bit so was still learning orientation, I guess that is why I was thinking that
Jan 30, 2012, 10:12 PM
Someone on this forum mentioned a simple principle that helped me:

When the heli is flying at you steer towards the danger.
Jan 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
It's not that hard to seperate the windshield halves. I've added a little write up about this in the SP/SX FAQ thread.

As for the TX, I was hoping for someone Europe based, but what would shipping to the Netherlands from Canada cost?
Oh yeah! I forgot I taped the halves together with a bit of clear tape.
I squeezed an Oval piece of sd foam into the cockpit area (probably not optimally placed)... it muffles it a little more I think... and it adds a little more weight forward, which is nice.
(sound deadening foam makes a MUCH bigger sound reduction on the V911)
1st video with a few pieces of sound deadening foam in the rear Cabin/LiPo area.
BravoSX 01_1_clip0.AVI (0 min 25 sec)

2nd video with the extra Oval piece of sd foam in the Cockpit area.
BravoSX 03_clip0.AVI (0 min 49 sec)

just playing with an 808 #3 keychain cam b4 I try and de-shell and de-battery it for mounting.
Last edited by vpsporb; Jan 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: video descrip.
Jan 30, 2012, 10:40 PM
Since repairing my canopy a 2nd time, my heli's flight is much more stable. It still has plenty of agility, but seems much more balanced. She pirouette's much nicer now. I think it's more the additional weight forward, but maybe also that the canopy doesn't vibrate, as much introducing extra harmonics into the rotating assembly.
Jan 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post

As for the V911, did someone already fit the receiver to their Solo Pro?
I built a Bravo SX using a v911 Rx. Works fine except flight times are down to 4-4:30 mins because the v911 Rx is 1.5 grams heavier.
Jan 30, 2012, 11:36 PM
Brosol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
I built a Bravo SX using a v911 Rx. Works fine except flight times are down to 4-4:30 mins because the v911 Rx is 1.5 grams heavier.
What is your franken_Bravo-SX vs stock V911 weight? Are you using the stock Bravo SX shell?
Jan 31, 2012, 12:45 AM

Mini CP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
yep, its the orientation skills wich we get when flying the micros. I am curently thinking of getting the new walkerra mini cp. its a 3d heli the size of the v911. it costs considerably more but it is tough. I hope to learn some 3d skill on it before i flip my 450 and would crash it over and over
Take your time... I have a Walkea FBL mini that I was going to use to hone my 450 skills.. it's been sitting on the shelf for months. First flight lift off to check trim in the living room, it tipped and caught a blade - destroyed the all metal head - breaking both mixing arms and bending the tiny links.
Jan 31, 2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
Yeah, but are they done with New Year and shipping yet?

bob
Is this the best price? I see that myrcmart has it for $35, but that doesn't include shipping. I saw another site selling them at a discount if you buy 6 or more, but I forgot which site...

I'm thinking about ordering a few, but I'm keeping busy with my solo pro and 328. I would like to try one of these though...

Edit:

I found the site. It's $35.90 if you order 6 or more at rc-fever.com, but their shipping kills the deal...
Last edited by nextech; Jan 31, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Jan 31, 2012, 01:14 AM
Has anyone noticed that the batteries don't seem to be fully charged after the charging light goes off?
My 1st flight of the day on each battery is significantly longer than if I fly again an hour or 2 later. the light goes out after ~30 mins charging. This seems to be repeatable daily, so it doesn't seem like the batteries are going bad. I'll run a timer tomorrow and see if I can get concrete numbers, but I was wondering if anyone else had this experience.
Jan 31, 2012, 01:33 AM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Has anyone noticed that the batteries don't seem to be fully charged after the charging light goes off?
My 1st flight of the day on each battery is significantly longer than if I fly again an hour or 2 later. the light goes out after ~30 mins charging. This seems to be repeatable daily, so it doesn't seem like the batteries are going bad. I'll run a timer tomorrow and see if I can get concrete numbers, but I was wondering if anyone else had this experience.
Takes my V911 charger ~35 min to recharge both batteries simultaneously after doing a 5 min flight on each.

Starting voltage ~3.75
Ending voltage ~4.20

If your battery voltage isn't ~4.20 then they aren't fully charged.
Jan 31, 2012, 01:55 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
I don't know if anybody else is having the same problem with the pinion. My second heli is starting to TBE. I checked the pinion and its starting to wear quickly.

That's insane wear for a metal to plastic gear combination. At this rate the gear might wear out sooner than the motor. Low quality brass pinion, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Did you have to do some modding to fit it, or were the screw holes in frame and board aligned? Seems like the already heavy Bravo SX can't benefit from this cheap receiver, but a Solo Pro with Bravo SX main motor might be a different thing. The receiver mounting is the same on the Solo Pro as on the Bravo SX, so if it can be fitted with ease to the latter, it could be a viable replacement RX for those that keep breaking their NE receivers, and already have a compatible TX for a V911 receiver.

Does the V911 come with a wall charger or battery powered? The latter will get trouble charging the batteries as the batteries powering the charger get weaker. And this can happen pretty soon...

Quick Reply