WLToys V911 review (Solo Pro/Trex 100 clone) - Page 113 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Registered User
They all look good. The white/red looks like a Shinobi/Ninja. But--- I like this one best:

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky
They all look good. The white/red looks like a Shinobi/Ninja. But--- I like this one best:

But, in terms of looks, nothing tops the Solo Pro V2 (Yellow)... At least not yet...
Jan 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Interestingly enough Taobao also has sellers selling the blue/red canopies and blades seperately. Hopefully after Chinese New Year Banggood or Myrcmart will start carrying these. Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13346617732 and http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14569348570
Jan 20, 2012, 04:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky
But, in terms of looks, nothing tops the Solo Pro V2 (Yellow)... At least not yet...
Yeah i totally agree with the yellow color scheme on the Solo Pro, but for the canopy's window I'd have to give it back to the V911. It just looks a lot more aggressive than the rounded window of the Solo Pro or even the Xieda 9958.
Jan 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer
Yeah i totally agree with the yellow color scheme on the Solo Pro, but for the canopy's window I'd have to give it back to the V911. It just looks a lot more aggressive than the rounded window of the Solo Pro or even the Xieda 9958.
Yeah, Canopy window for V911 looks bad-ass. But overall look goes to SP V2, for a micro micro heli that is.
Last edited by gettinglucky; Jan 20, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Jan 20, 2012, 04:34 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
Wow! I'm loving this little heli so far! It came needing trimmed up some with too much forward movement, now it floats in a perfect hover after trimming. I want to center the trims and do a mechanical trim on it but I'm hestiant since I've not done it before. This thing flies as nice or better than my solo pro, & I love my SP! So far this little bird rocks and was a great value for it's price. Seems very robust also - nothing broken so far... The one really great aspect for me with this one is that it behaves & responds so well I'm actually flying and building skills intead of draining the battery and fighting to keep it in control and from crashing!
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Jan 20, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Jan 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky
But, in terms of looks, nothing tops the Solo Pro V2 (Yellow)... At least not yet...
The SP yellow is sharp, it's the one I have. I have the 9958 in the Black/yellow & purple/yellow combos as well but my current favorite right now is the black/orange /yellow color scheme of my V911. It has a nice sporty aggressive look to it. I think my second fave is the black/yellow 9958 color scheme followed by my yellow SP and the purple/yellow 9958.
Jan 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
Québec!
alxlab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc
Wow! I'm loving this little heli so far! It came needing trimmed up some with too much forward movement, now it floats in a perfect hover after trimming. I want to center the trims and do a mechanical trim on it but I'm hestiant since I've not done it before. This thing flies as nice or better than my solo pro, & I love my SP! So far this little bird rocks and was a great value for it's price. Seems very robust also - nothing broken so far... The one really great aspect for me with this one is that it behaves & responds so well I'm actually flying and building skills intead of draining the battery and fighting to keep it in control and from crashing!
haha, nice touch up!
Jan 20, 2012, 06:02 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc
... my current favorite right now is the black/orange /yellow color scheme of my V911.
Yep ... the black/red/yellow is still the coolest color scheme on the V911.
Jan 20, 2012, 06:02 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Also with a fine point black sharpie permanent marker and a few seconds my "CORTER" is now a COPTER LOL
Yep ... best mod yet!
Jan 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
Registered User

Low battery life?


After I glued my swashplate, my flight time was about half.
I was bummed, figuring I had gotten some glue where it shouldn't have been.

I took the swash plate out and it was smooth as could be.
Then I remembered that while I had it off to glue it, I had lubbed the metal bearing with some liquid silicon lube.

I used some WD40 spray to flush it out (please don't start a WD40 "lube vs solvent war) and my flight times are back to normal - maybe better.

So... lesson learned.
  • Don't lube the swash bearing
  • If you have short battery life, consider flushing out the lube you put in.
Jan 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC
After I glued my swashplate, my flight time was about half.
I was bummed, figuring I had gotten some glue where it shouldn't have been.

I took the swash plate out and it was smooth as could be.
Then I remembered that while I had it off to glue it, I had lubbed the metal bearing with some liquid silicon lube.

I used some WD40 spray to flush it out (please don't start a WD40 "lube vs solvent war) and my flight times are back to normal - maybe better.

So... lesson learned.
  • Don't lube the swash bearing
  • If you have short battery life, consider flushing out the lube you put in.
I think the swash plate bearing needs some kind of lube - running it dry wouldn't be good for it. I use super light oil and it works great. Sounds like the silicone lube gummed it up some.
Jan 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab
haha, nice touch up!
Thanks man! Sorry the pic is blurry. In real life it looks factory good!
Jan 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
Yep ... best mod yet!
Thanks man, it looks sweet in real life..lol
Jan 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc
Thanks man! Sorry the pic is blurry. In real life it looks factory good!
That was the first "mod" I did to mine (CORTER to COPTER) ... 2nd thing was red canopy "O-rings" made out of wire insulation since I lost one crashing ... LOL.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=4566871


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM