New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:33 PM
ITS ME DAVID is offline
Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Has anyone ever put on metal upgrade parts. Does it affect the way helicopter flies or anything like that? This is one I ordered have not put it on yet.
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/28...Set++Blue+.htm
Go back a few pages you'll find your answer or search this thread. I have it installed but with the stock plastic blade holder and stock blades and got 5:24 flight time you notice a slight weight difference but once you get the CNC swash level it hovers and flies great.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 PM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
I bought one of these a VERY long time ago ... and in the end the only part I used was the UPPER part of the swash with the brass center ball ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:25 PM
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Has anyone ever put on metal upgrade parts. Does it affect the way helicopter flies or anything like that? This is one I ordered have not put it on yet.
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/28...Set++Blue+.htm
The metal parts are heavier than the plastic parts. These budget heli's have a lot of manufacturing variances and some birds have done poorly handling the extra weight.

Let us know how it goes with the rotor head. I have never seen a true V911 CNC Alloy Metal Upgrade Set as they are all incorrectly claimed to be for the V911 but are actually for the Solo Pro 260a. The swash works very well for a small weight gain.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:29 PM
Ssleeis is offline
Find More Posts by Ssleeis
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Go back a few pages you'll find your answer or search this thread. I have it installed but with the stock plastic blade holder and stock blades and got 5:24 flight time you notice a slight weight difference but once you get the CNC swash level it hovers and flies great.
Thanks
Bought a new replacement helicopter, flying them back to back the older one was slower on its response.I was starting to get play in the original plastic Swashplate. Was hoping that the CNC metal one would alleviate this problem for good. I did see that people were NOT having any issues with the CNC Swashplate. Did not see if it would solve my problem or not.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:40 PM
shahram72 is offline
Find More Posts by shahram72
Registered User
Those tail struts and tail horizontal fin look like they came of a S107 or similar. Am I right?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:02 PM
hogan is online now
Find More Posts by hogan
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:07 PM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
check gordonzo's posts - I think he has this TX and posted somewhere how to set it up and what for (probably even on his blog, I dont exactly remember ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
153stars is offline
Find More Posts by 153stars
Registered User
I read y911s are more slugish but precise indoors . I like the looks of the red & blue helis the best.When upgrading to fisheye squash and carbon shaft on true v911 , will it be the best of both worlds ? I was going to build some paddle flybars for outdoors and wondering to use fisheye or stock squash. From what i've read the helios is no way slowed by it's fisheye squash . I ordered some motors from the helios as well.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:29 PM
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeis View Post
Thanks
Bought a new replacement helicopter, flying them back to back the older one was slower on its response.I was starting to get play in the original plastic Swashplate. Was hoping that the CNC metal one would alleviate this problem for good. I did see that people were NOT having any issues with the CNC Swashplate. Did not see if it would solve my problem or not.
My first thought is that "slower on its response" could be aging of the main motor in which case adding weight will worsen the problem.

My second thought about "slower on its response" is about the sloppy design/manufacturing toleances of our budget birds. The movement of the blades is controlled by the mixer arm inputs. The balance bar is connected to one end of the mixer and the pilot input is connected to the other. The balance bar is connected to the mixer through 2 ball joints. There are many more mechanical joints connectong the servo potentiometer to the mixer. There is 1 mechanical joint inside the servo and 5 mechanical joints on the trip up to the mixer. Another "gotcha" is the difference in the slop between the paired linkages from the swash turntable to the mixer and the balance bar to the mixer. If all the loosest joints are on the same side then it shake-shake-shake time.

Bottom line is check everything and then possibly swap some parts.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:33 PM
Bvc is offline
Bvc
Find More Posts by Bvc
Bvc
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Those tail struts and tail horizontal fin look like they came of a S107 or similar. Am I right?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post23990077

"Syma 107 tail support rods"
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:34 PM
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Registered User
2_Crash_Thumbs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
...paddle flybars for outdoors...
Changing to paddle shaped weights on the balance bar can have an aerodynamic improvement but it won't be a flybar control system.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:35 PM
hogan is online now
Find More Posts by hogan
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
Flysky ct6b transmitter issue.
Tried this, worked however I can't throttle up at all. I get movement with the right stick. Any ideas?
You need to hook it to the pc and reprogram it, I use the er9x so not sure how to set up yours.

Ok, think I may have bit off more than I can chew. NEver did the reprogramming thing so I downloaded the T6config, no clue as to set the settings. Watched several videos and configed them to what I thought was fairly close to the vids and still no throttle.
Is there a standard setting for the v911's or are they all different?
check gordonzo's posts - I think he has this TX and posted somewhere how to set it up and what for (probably even on his blog, I dont exactly remember ...)

actually found Ribbles original post and pretty much used his settings,https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6240
binded it, flew it, didn't like the throttle settings so I altered it to something else and everythign is A-OK. Sure is nice to get excited, frustrated, upset, excited again and finally, success with a headache!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hit N Run is offline
Find More Posts by Hit N Run
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
So.... After having 100 crashes that did nothing to this awesome little heli.... my number was up! Since my last crash, I get normal tail response but the main motor wouldn't turn at all. Then I gave it a little spin by hand and it would start to gain RPM but only about half that of normal full throttle. Also, ONLY when I have the throttle up and things are spinning, I can see the servo arms jittering slightly.

So what do you think guys? My board is toast? Or could it be something else?

I was thinking the main motor might have died, but it was working as well as it did the day I bought it and showed NO signs of wear and tear. Suddenly having servo jitters while I throttle up not leads me towards the receiver board being the problem. I mean.... these things can only take so much abuse before they fail.

I'm open to suggestions.... Meanwhile i'm going to take a look through the first page of this thread and see if I can find some info on similar cases like this.

Parts are pretty cheap so i'll probably just buy a couple of everything so i'm good to go when or if this happens again down the road.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:40 PM
153stars is offline
Find More Posts by 153stars
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
So.... After having 100 crashes that did nothing to this awesome little heli.... my number was up! Since my last crash, I get normal tail response but the main motor wouldn't turn at all. Then I gave it a little spin by hand and it would start to gain RPM but only about half that of normal full throttle. Also, ONLY when I have the throttle up and things are spinning, I can see the servo arms jittering slightly.

So what do you think guys? My board is toast? Or could it be something else?

I was thinking the main motor might have died, but it was working as well as it did the day I bought it and showed NO signs of wear and tear. Suddenly having servo jitters while I throttle up not leads me towards the receiver board being the problem. I mean.... these things can only take so much abuse before they fail.

I'm open to suggestions.... Meanwhile i'm going to take a look through the first page of this thread and see if I can find some info on similar cases like this.

Parts are pretty cheap so i'll probably just buy a couple of everything so i'm good to go when or if this happens again down the road.
Sounds like the main motor is pulling too much power. you can try a bit of sewing machine oil see if it get better but sounds like new motor is in order. Heard the helios main have a bit more power for outside and cheaper.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:34 PM
Hit N Run is offline
Find More Posts by Hit N Run
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Sounds like the main motor is pulling too much power. you can try a bit of sewing machine oil see if it get better but sounds like new motor is in order. Heard the helios main have a bit more power for outside and cheaper.
Thanks 153stars, i'll order the main and tail motor set that I saw on amazon.com for $8.90 ($9.89 with shipping) Unless they are cheaper somewhere else??


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM