Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 04, 2013, 02:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy View Post
I thought delivery almost always take 3-6 weeks? Not true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Good job on the trouble-shooting! Simple repairs are always a good thing.

Your BNF can now become one of your fleet and hopefully you'll always have one in the air.

regards . . . g
Read before the white rotor blades are prone to cracking at center like that one
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2013, 04:12 AM
V911 Heli Owner
dweeber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hmmmm. As soon as I turn my stock TX on it takes about 1/2 an hour for a web page to load (if it does at all). Any idea if there's a fix for this?
Your V911 can load web pages? Mine doesn't have that feature....

I'm assuming that your interference is happening after you turn the V911 off for it to be taking 1/2 hour to load?? That would indicate you have a serious problem with your network.

Network issues can be caused by a lot of things including not having your access point properly setup so that it is in a clear channel range from other access points.

Lots of things like:
o How far away is your access point
o What are other access points nearby using for their channels.
o How old is the Access point (older ones may need firmware updates to get better firmware). This stuff changes more often than some think.
o Possible issues with your computer's wifi settings
etc...

I have my access points staggered so that they are on different channels. The closest neighbors are using channels to not interfere (worked with one of them who didn't know how to do that once). All of my indoor flying is in a location between my Access points and my most commonly used notebook without any issues. If there was a problem, I would get a lot of complaints as there are a number of other household members which use Wifi for phones, tablets and notebooks at the same time. Even the TV area has some Wifi connected appliances which would be very obvious if there was interference (PS3, Wii, several Raspberry Pi's, all using WiFi for access).

There are forums for dealing with network issues better suited to this type of stuff. If your V911 is interfering with it's communication you most likely have other problems as well.

There is a free tool you can download and run on a notebook that has WiFi access to see what is going on around your network. http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/ It will show other access points, their signal strength and what channels they are using. It might even make suggestions on what changes you need to make for the AP you are connected to.
Last edited by dweeber; Jan 04, 2013 at 04:37 AM.
Jan 04, 2013, 07:28 AM
Registered User
My Lightning Bird came with one bad battery. I posted it in my Amazon review and Wow! Two hours after mentioning my bad battery in my review they sent me an email apologizing and offering to send me 2 new batteries. I didn't even have to contact them directly. Halley R Us is awesome! The Lightning Bird is so much fun to fly I can't wait to get the new batteries.
Jan 04, 2013, 08:19 AM
Registered User
CCbusa05's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchMouth View Post
I think it's starting to come into line..... still have slight TBE back and to the left trim tweeking to do. I was able to get a decent hover and a few loops in a large room. I realize just how bad i am at FP helos.

Thanks for the replies.
Back the flybar screw out one full turn...................no more TBE.
Jan 04, 2013, 08:55 AM
Registered User

Multi Lipo Charger


Anybody recommend a good multi lipo charger?
I just ordered those 5 200mah lipo's from amazon.
Thanks everyone.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:01 AM
Rotor head

Flybar


Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Back the flybar screw out one full turn...................no more TBE.
I will try that too.

Thanks

I think one of my batteries may be bad, flight time is bad and it seems to disconnect randomly requiring me to wiggle the battery and rebind my TX.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:03 AM
Rotor head

Battery


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul11982 View Post
My Lightning Bird came with one bad battery. I posted it in my Amazon review and Wow! Two hours after mentioning my bad battery in my review they sent me an email apologizing and offering to send me 2 new batteries. I didn't even have to contact them directly. Halley R Us is awesome! The Lightning Bird is so much fun to fly I can't wait to get the new batteries.
What was your battery issue? just dead and unable to charge?
Jan 04, 2013, 09:07 AM
Registered User
Does the Lightning Bird come with a detailed diagram showing all the parts labeled? If not, does anyone have a link to such a thing?
Jan 04, 2013, 09:47 AM
Registered User
ChickenDrumstick's Avatar
Just ordered a V911 from Tmart. Hoping I won't regret it.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:52 AM
V911 Heli Owner
dweeber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat97 View Post
Anybody recommend a good multi lipo charger?
I just ordered those 5 200mah lipo's from amazon.
Thanks everyone.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...t-p-51945.html
Jan 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
Always wanted to fly
pshkong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDrumstick View Post
Just ordered a V911 from Tmart. Hoping I won't regret it.
I'm sure you won't. The is the most value-for-money 4CH FP micro heli IMHO.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchMouth View Post
What was your battery issue? just dead and unable to charge?
Yeah it would not charge at all or power the heli.

Does any one know of a charging harness I can use to charge multiple "new style" batteries with my programmable lipo charger?
Jan 04, 2013, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul11982 View Post
Yeah it would not charge at all or power the heli.

Does any one know of a charging harness I can use to charge multiple "new style" batteries with my programmable lipo charger?
I second this, I have a Thunder AC6 that I would much prefer using for these.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:53 AM
Always wanted to fly
pshkong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul11982 View Post
Yeah it would not charge at all or power the heli.

Does any one know of a charging harness I can use to charge multiple "new style" batteries with my programmable lipo charger?
I believe the new style batter is using the same plug as NANO CPX, so you can use a 6S or 3S harness with any parellel charger. BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THE +/- side are correct because they may be reversed...
Jan 04, 2013, 11:27 AM
Phantom 3
SMEGS888's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshkong View Post
I believe the new style batter is using the same plug as NANO CPX, so you can use a 6S or 3S harness with any parellel charger. BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THE +/- side are correct because they may be reversed...
251173256476 ebay item number. Has them.
Last edited by SMEGS888; Jan 04, 2013 at 11:42 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM