Oct 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
I picked up a New spare 911 for the motors and board.
So I have the complete rotor/swash assy, landing gear and body if anyone's looking for them. Pm me, Butch
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!

I tried suspected 3-blades-head mod today,but......no good...

I tried suspected 3-blades-head mod today.
I cut off the blades,changed 6-blades-mod to 3-blades-mod.
But...no good,so I don't recommend this mod.

see my pages.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1759427
Oct 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
What's the idea about this mod? I see only one blade connected to the swash, the other 3 are not?
Oct 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
What's the idea about this mod? I see only one blade connected to the swash, the other 3 are not?
I think he'd mentioned it in one of his other mods, bottom one for attitude control, middle one for lift, top one for flybar stabilization.
Oct 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
Dang! Does that even fly?!?!? I just want the padle flybar mode if it will make it more agile. I hate fighting the flybar.
Oct 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
BIND 911 repost of previous info im sure...
Insert battery - then turn on TX at the same time
(as fast as you can after getting the battery in )

I was not able to succeed with the sticks down on power up method shown a lot of places, but found the "turn both on at same time" method in a review on Amazon.com

Just got the second V911 - loved the first white-blue one but was never able to fully remove the toiletbowl syndrome.
The new black one is completely free of that issue and can hold a hover perfect. Amazing how much more fun it is when one don't have to fight it.

Everybody should have a 911 in their life. For what it is worth, i normally fly quad and Y6, but the 911 is so awesome because I can practice moves indoor without killing the furniture (or the dog for that matter) I simply get a LOT more actual air time with the 911 than anything else and it have have helped me get much more confident on the quad.
Oct 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
Trees are bad
Mine had pretty bad TBE out of the box. I found by accident that it was totally eliminated by a new flybar. I found a loose flybar can be repaired with a small drop of CA. Redrill the hole so the screw just fits without any binding. I used a .045 bit with a hand drill but I had to also use the bit as a file to get it just right. You will also need to emery file the sides so it's also snug but free.
Oct 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart
Mine had pretty bad TBE out of the box. I found by accident that it was totally eliminated by a new flybar. I found a loose flybar can be repaired with a small drop of CA. Redrill the hole so the screw just fits without any binding. I used a .045 bit with a hand drill but I had to also use the bit as a file to get it just right. You will also need to emery file the sides so it's also snug but free.
We haven't heard a lot of TBE associated with the v911 (as compared to the 9958), is it a WL Toys one or a yellow (or unpainted white) Jiuchon-made one?
Oct 28, 2012, 04:10 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
@StoneCutter - pretty sure it is a WL toys - box say WL toys - blue and white.
the new one is in identical box also say WL toys - black with yellow marking and virtually TBE free.

@Stevez1kart - that sound like a really good idea, I can imagine a bit of loose flop in the flybar could cause problems. until now I only made sure everything moved smooth and freely, but that did not cure it. I have a spare flybar, might give that a whirl first.
Oct 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Trees are bad
I bought a a black and orange RTF and black and orange BNF. Both had some serious TBE. I don't rember which one was worse. The QC of the flybar seems to be less than perfect. One of the replacements flybars I got from BG had a ball that was too small to hold a linkage. CA (the balling wire of RC) fixed that also.
Oct 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
@Stevez1kart - just for the record not all black-orange sucks, my new Black-orange flies absolutely perfect without me having to fight it at all, with a beautiful stable and smooth hoover. (guess it is orange not yellow)

Low Cost & QA is often two adverse issues. had I known HOW well a great v911 actually flies out of the box, I would have returned the first one as defect rather than trying to improve it.
Oct 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Trees are bad
Bo, I'm the type like most others here that doesn't mind doing some tinkering and modding. When you factor in price and ability to buy repacement parts the v911 is a 10 IMO. If you don't know how to use a screw driver the minature heli or just about any other part of the RC hobby is not likely to be a great experience.
Oct 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Steve - Totally agree - Im pretty sure screwdrivers and CA is part of the hoppy, and I enjoy that part, I was just simply saying that I never managed to get the first to fly anything like the second did out of the box, though Im going to be trying your suggestion of removing possible extra space from the flybar.

As far as Im concerned the v911 is about as good value anyone can get in this hobby. number of flying hours to repairs, and sheer ability of the craft, not to mention the 4ch skill building in each sec of flying.
Oct 28, 2012, 06:42 PM
Trees are bad
Probably should mention if you try the CA mod push a round tooth pick part way through (and remove) the FB hole before the glue has set completely. This will help you find the center with your drill bit.
Oct 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
I also like tinkering, and repair ing my v911 as much as flying. it is a heck of a copter, I also use a little hot glue once in a while.. the CA I use is for artificial nails it cost just a little bit more but seems to really bond like melts the plastic just a tiny bit..
tonytester

Quick Reply