Aug 16, 2012, 07:05 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the yellow canopy doesn't fit right on any of the other V911 frames and the other color canopys don't fit the yellow frame correctly? You can get them on there, but you end up putting a lot of stress on the canopy mounts bending them to fit. My original V911 is a blue and white one and I have a couple extra canopys for it, so I tried to put one on my yellow V911 because the white and blue one is lighter. I got it on, but I am afraid to use it too much because I don't want to break the mounts.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 07:35 AM
My Corter Is Borken
Quote:
Originally Posted by dway View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the yellow canopy doesn't fit right on any of the other V911 frames and the other color canopys don't fit the yellow frame correctly? You can get them on there, but you end up putting a lot of stress on the canopy mounts bending them to fit. My original V911 is a blue and white one and I have a couple extra canopys for it, so I tried to put one on my yellow V911 because the white and blue one is lighter. I got it on, but I am afraid to use it too much because I don't want to break the mounts.
Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't fit, since the yellow isn't a genuine WL Toys V911.
..and yes, it has been mentioned here before...somewhere..
Aug 16, 2012, 08:07 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG

Yaw drift may be caused by a confused gyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Vibrations
Replace main blades
Replace main gear
Swashplate separated
Flybar weight lost (extreme vibrations)

Gradual Rotation
Insert battery into helicopter
Remove battery
Insert battery
Turn transmitter on
Yes, I ensured I left the helicopter alone on a level surface to allow the gyro to initialize before I flew it, yet the yaw drift occurred. The reason is because of the crash that caused really nasty vibrations. The vibrations confused the gyro so it doesn't know how to correct the tail torque. I encountered this on my 450-sized helicopter.

I took out the main rotor and put them back, reduced most of the vibrations and nearly eliminated the yaw drift. There is still some slack between the rotor blades and the holder. I need to find a way to tighten that area.
Aug 16, 2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Vibrations
Replace main blades
Replace main gear
Swashplate separated
Flybar weight lost (extreme vibrations)

Gradual Rotation
Insert battery into helicopter
Remove battery
Insert battery
Turn transmitter on
My 911 vibrates random why?
Aug 16, 2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
...There is still some slack between the rotor blades and the holder. I need to find a way to tighten that area.
Do you mean you can slide the blades in/out the rotor head?

People have solved this by adding a tiny washer to the rotor head's pivot pin on one or both sides.
I used a canopy washer.
Be careful that you don't cause the rotor to bind (not rock).
Last edited by RicksterRC; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Aug 16, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yes, Rickster, I'll try to find washers to fill the gap. Thanks.
Aug 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hello all,
does anybody know how to take advantage of dual-rates in this heli? How to enable it? Pushing the button located under left index finger does not change anything. Or maybe this function is just not available at all?
Aug 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
It does. After pressing, apply full rudder and watch how many bars it can achieve. Press that button again, and apply full rudder. How many bars this time?
Aug 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
Also, I have had an issue with my V911. At first, it flew wildly and I could not control it. It was flying in 4-5 foot diameter circles. I adjusted a few things and it is much better. It still drifts to the forward/left some. It will not hover in one place, which makes it hard to land. What can I do to adjust this?
You can take off the servo arms, and shorten/lengthen them to mechanically trim it.
Left/right is when looking from the back (heli tail towards you):
If the heli drifts back: turn right servo arm clockwise (try 1 full turn at a time, don't do half turns).
If it drifts forward: right arm counter-clockwise
If it drifts right: left arm clockwise
If it drifts left: left arm counter-clockwise
Aug 16, 2012, 11:23 AM

Fyi

Just an FYI.....Ordered the 150mAh batts from BangGood and they just arrived. They're marked 150mAh, TC 551140T. 47x12x6mm, 4.9g.
Only took 21 days, start to finish. Charging them as we speak
Aug 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
Interesting. I've ordered a spare heli and batteries from banggood and will be waiting for it to arrive. I certainly hope it doesn't take that long to arrive.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Interesting. I've ordered a spare heli and batteries from banggood and will be waiting for it to arrive. I certainly hope it doesn't take that long to arrive.
Be prepared to wait. There are restrictions on shipping Lipos and if you order over a certain amount, the shipping will take forever. I as still waiting on an order of lipos I ordered from Hobby King for my Mini CP. They shipped the order July 26th.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
You can take off the servo arms, and shorten/lengthen them to mechanically trim it.
Left/right is when looking from the back (heli tail towards you):
If the heli drifts back: turn right servo arm clockwise (try 1 full turn at a time, don't do half turns).
If it drifts forward: right arm counter-clockwise
If it drifts right: left arm clockwise
If it drifts left: left arm counter-clockwise
Thanks for the tip. I figured it had to be in the servo/linkage. Now if I could fly it right now. I need to find a substitute for the flybar weight I lost while I'm waiting on my new flybar from banggood.

I'm wondering if I made a mistake by ordering from banggood. 21 days is a long time to wait. I also ordered a yellow V911 BNF. After reading a few posts here, it looks like I might have messed up there.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sir Crashalot

zeroing rudder

A while back somoeone was having an issue of constant yaw, even with no control input. I want to suggest looking at the LCD and make sure the indicator is centered when the left stick is centered (photo1). If the left stick is centered but the indicator is not (photo2), then you need to zero it by turning tx off and on again without touching the left stick. One can inadvertently create a rudder bias by having the stick not at center when turning on the tx. (Stated another way, when the tx is turn on, it interprets the the stick positions at that instant as neutral, so if you turn it on while holding throttle left or right of center, you'll get the rudder bias, which incidently cannot be trimmed out.)
Aug 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefa View Post
I am finding it very difficult to mechanically trim the right roll out of both red/white and yellow clone v911. Elevator trim is now perfect.

I have used up all the thread on the aileron servon arm and it still drifts to the right. I know these birds lean to the right to counter the anti-torque induced left force, but I should be able to counter this. I have even unscrewed the servo arm and reset it more horizontal - with no improvement. Servo movement is fine, in both directions, and in both rates.

Any ideas?
(It's not a really big deal, as I prefer flying FFF than hovering, but on the days I have to fly indoors it would be nice to have a hands off hover.)

now i see what the problem with my 2 v911's is. you have the same issue. i can't seem to counter this via the Tx either. i see videos' of these v911's flying rather stable. mine look like they are in a bit of a storm, and this is inside a house.

hands off hover or even close to that is currently impossible.

Quick Reply