Jan 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Québec!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Ordered mine on 12-21 and it came today.

I moved the swash push rods to the inner servo arm holes after the first flight. It came with them in the outer holes. It was too sensitive for me even on low rates. I am flying it on low rates and the inner servo arm holes now.

The heli was perfectly trimmed and quiet out of the box. All the transmitter trims are in the middle including the throttle it flys hands off like this.

Its getting 5:30 minutes out of the batteries.

Its quieter than it sounds on the video.
cool you have a pool table and i notice the poker board on the wall

wheres the the mini bar
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
FPV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I have a feeling nobody purchase the battery adapters and those adapters aren't included in the kit.

Once my order arrives in another week or so, I will be able to confirm.
don't know why, possibly out of curiosity, but I ordered one of those battery adaptors together with the v911, I just don't have a Solo Pro battery to test it with.

After my post earlier I just went ahead and ordered 2 different types of lipos from HK, what the heck, for that price, I will test it myself. If they won't fit at all, they get a mini jst soldered to them and will be used for my 9958.

one more possible way is to fit the 9958 landing skit. the v911 skit is glued but it could actually fit. that would even be better because 9958 and v911 could share their batteries.
Jan 11, 2012, 06:40 PM
Québec!
to stay in the topic i would say the swash plate is the only thing i'd change at first OOTB. it tends to split easily and then TBE happen. it dont come with bearing when you by it online so better get the SP. but there i can't confirm it fit. i believe nobody has tried any mod on this model yet?
Jan 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm considering to purchase a V911 too, but can anyone tell me what spares I should order along with the chopper?
Jan 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
Québec!
skids, flybar, motors, canopy, gear, links, head
Jan 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
cool you have a pool table and i notice the poker board on the wall

wheres the the mini bar
No mini bar full bar.
Jan 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
Québec!
sweetnest
Jan 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Ordered mine on 12-21 and it came today.

I moved the swash push rods to the inner servo arm holes after the first flight. It came with them in the outer holes. It was too sensitive for me even on low rates. I am flying it on low rates and the inner servo arm holes now.

The heli was perfectly trimmed and quiet out of the box. All the transmitter trims are in the middle including the throttle it flys hands off like this.

Its getting 5:30 minutes out of the batteries.

Its quieter than it sounds on the video. .

Nice Flying and Nice Video...
I tip my hat to you man.
Someday, I'll be back in the V911 game whenever my 2nd bird arrives.
Ken
Last edited by cpuken; Jan 11, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Jan 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
skids, flybar, motors, canopy, gear, links, head
I'd add a swashplate to that list (because my original one was defective)
Jan 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
I'm in Taiwan for a holiday and of course I had to bring the V911 back with me... was hanging out in the shop where I used to work and a 700E came in for maintenance...

needless to say...the little V911 was very curious about his much bigger brother

Jan 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
Beginner Pilot
I didn't order any extras. I figure that if I like the size of this bird I will likely purchase the Blade msrx. It's just too expensive to find out that the size isn't quite right. Also parts will be a lot easier to get since most LHS's carry them.

I just hope it will stay in flight long enough!!!!!!!
Jan 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Hey HeliPad, just saw your message... unfortunately that particular heli was damaged after a very nasty crash and sent back to WLToys...the board was replaced (green)...

I dont know but since I bought so many... I've seen an increase in FF speed..don't know if it's a change in the board or what.. but my newer ones seem to be able to fly
faster than my SP now =]
Jan 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfrisbee View Post
I didn't order any extras. I figure that if I like the size of this bird I will likely purchase the Blade msrx. It's just too expensive to find out that the size isn't quite right. Also parts will be a lot easier to get since most LHS's carry them.

I just hope it will stay in flight long enough!!!!!!!
For the cost of the Blade msrx couldn't you buy 3 - V911s or is there something else that the Blade has to offer?
I'm new here so I'm just trying to understand .
Jan 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
Team Drone Art
The blade mSRx is the latest technology and is flybarless. It also flies more like the flybarless CP heli.
Jan 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
For the cost of the Blade msrx couldn't you buy 3 - V911s or is there something else that the Blade has to offer?
I'm new here so I'm just trying to understand .
The mSRX even with its warts will be in an altogether different league.

I bought a v911 recently which is a course I kind of regret.

It's still not with me yet, and it's anyones guess as to whether it will be DOA or have some form of other issue as highlighted in the many posts here.

The mSRX will have Horizon hobby support, the v911 aftersales support = nil.

Quick Reply