Jun 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
One I am working on currently. Need to check my continuity then make the plugs to connect to the Triton.

The wires are super glued and run through the clothes pin where they are bent to make contact to battery.
Thats what I was looking for, not sure if I will do more than one or two though, my charger only has one output on it. with one on the Tunigy and two on the stock charger its only two cycles and all my batteries are charged in 50 minutes or less
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
I dont understand what the whole drama is about ... ... a stock charger is 4 bux ...shipped! ... just buy enough of them with your first heli, get a 4 port usb wall plug and ...

...itīs ALL GOOD!!!
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jun 22, 2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I dont understand what the whole drama is about ... ... a stock charger is 4 bux ...shipped! ... just buy enough of them with your first heli, get a 4 port usb wall plug and ...

...itīs ALL GOOD!!!
The stock charger wont charge my 5000mah 6s batteries so I needed a real charger. Now that I have that I figured why not put it to work on my 1s batteries too. I have been looking over Mag718's picture and just realized that I can do in parallel with no worries of balancing so I will be able to charge all my batteries in one shot. I just need to pick up a couple of banana plugs and start building it next week. Also I will be able to monitor my batteries while charging to get the most life out of them.

If all I had was the V911, I would agree with you about not needing a "fancy" (mines not its just a Turnigy Accucell 8150) charger
Jun 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
"Lurker"
Quote:

...itīs ALL GOOD!!!
I enjoy building stuff.
I have 2 of the dual chargers and it's what I normally use. But I also have 20 batteries
Jun 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
I enjoy building stuff.
I have 2 of the dual chargers and it's what I normally use. But I also have 20 batteries
and how many of those do you use at a time??
6 batteries ... 1h ... (if you let the heli cool down only 5min) ... so that means 3.5 h of flying ... how often can you do that?

But apart from that ... to each their own - if yours is homemade chargers - why not (mine cant be homemade chargers, I couldnt make those ... so I spend the 4bux a pop on as many chargers as I need ... thats it for me.
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jun 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
What Do You Drive?
Speaking of chargers, when it comes to heli batteries, I have 2 chargers for each heli. I don't want a charger to go down and not have a backup, also, I can charge 4 bats at once if i am desperate and that's always good. For the price of 4 bucks a piece, it's easy.
Jun 22, 2012, 10:42 PM
What Do You Drive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
I love your black & gold JBS canopy!! It's an obvious take-off of the famous John Player Special (JPS) livery of the Lotus F1 racing team!!

I am a huge fan of F1 racing and Lotus in particular!! Besides flying rc helis such as the V911 and the MJX-F45, I also race Formula One rc cars.
You could paint it all white and put a black 66 on it with black circle around it.

Let's see who gets that 45 year old automotive reference, hint - its not F1.

Speaking of racing did anyone watch the 24 hrs of Lemans last weekend?

I had it on for the 24 hrs and slept thru 5 hrs with the TV on. Audi took 1-2-3 but Peugeot didn't put any cars in b/c they are loosing money. Toyota ran but they don't have it down and failed at F1 too.

I used to do slot cars when I was in jr high, modded the heck out of them, can't tell you what i did as it would answer my posted question.
Last edited by Pancari; Jun 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM.
Jun 22, 2012, 11:40 PM
My yellow BNF arrived today to join my flock ( 2x O/B, R/W, B/W, Yel).

Arrived from firecabbage in a form fitting styrofoam box just bigger than the copter (rather than the "empty square box the last one rattled around in and lost it's tail rotor).

There are enough differences that it's a true WL-Toy V911 version-2 or a clone.
Lots of parts will not be compatible.

Flight wise:

Binded no problem with my old controller.

The red LED is on the front of the PCB. Makes a real cool glowing caopy effect in a dimly lit room!
Out of the box, no trimming required.
The handling is crisper that any of my previous.
Gyro definitely does a better job of holding heading - through entire battery.
If I pointed it somewhere, it stayed there - even after other manuvering.
Crisper handling forward/back/side/side.
You can shoot forward and when you let go of the stick, it kind of rocks back by itself and skids to a stop.
You don't need to pull back to stop it,
You can just whip it around in a box pattern.
Or confidently zing to the wall, backwards to the other wall, back and forth within 6"

If you're buying your first, I'd suggest you give serious thought to buying a yellow one.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:16 AM
Heli Mania
Sounds good ... but I don't see how any heli can handle any "crisper" that the V911 I've got.
Sounds I'd have to fly them back to back to tell.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:26 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
The clones of clones are getting better than the original? What is this world coming to! I'll have to try one of those to see for myself. Maybe after the quads arrive.

I have 2 chargers for the V911 and so far I find I only need to use one. I have 18 batteries but so far I've only used 5 of them. I swap them between my V911's and fly them with friends and usually after 15-20 minutes of V911 we're all satiated and it's back to work.

Tonight I took my kids out to do some flying. I flew the big helis and they took turns on the V911. I couldn't tell you how she did it, but one of them did some kind of weird twisting outside loop and was inverted for a split second, spun then recovered and took off flying out the other side. It was her first time ever flying a V911 and to be honest I think she was totally out of control. She can do a flight across a field but when the wind picked up at one point I had to rescue the heli. She had strayed quite a distance over a gulley but I was able to coach it back over to the field - took a the rest of the battery! Anyway, fluke or not that twisted loop was something crazy.
Jun 23, 2012, 01:32 AM
My Corter Is Borken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
XHeli.com is now selling the v911 for $52.00....stateside sales. Only 1 week for delivery.
I chose to buy from this ebay'er. Done business with them in the past and they seem honourable, plus they've got a good record. About $45 shipped in it's sealed retail packaging.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190660528555...84.m1423.l2649

*They got 2,000 V911's from the factory less than 2 weeks ago, so it's guaranteed to be the latest revision of the heli.
Last edited by MC808; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
Jun 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
I chose to buy from this ebay'er. Done business with them in the past and they seem honourable, plus they've got a good record. About $45 shipped in it's sealed retail packaging.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190660528555...84.m1423.l2649

*They got 2,000 V911's from the factory less than 2 weeks ago, so it's guaranteed to be the latest revision of the heli.
That's a good deal with free shipping, and out of the US (Brooklyn,NY) so will ship much faster. Is it only the white & blue? ... didn't see any others colors listed.
Jun 23, 2012, 01:56 AM
My Corter Is Borken
They told me all 3 colors are available, just specify one when ordering.

EDIT: Seems they've got seperate listings for each color. I happened to order the blue one. They also have two listings for each color, one is an auction and one is Buy it now. It's funny when you see people bidding more than it would cost to just get the buy it now one. lol
Last edited by MC808; Jun 23, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
"Lurker"
Quote:
and how many of those do you use at a time??
6 batteries ... 1h ... (if you let the heli cool down only 5min) ... so that means 3.5 h of flying ... how often can you do that?

But apart from that ... to each their own - if yours is homemade chargers - why not (mine cant be homemade chargers, I couldnt make those ... so I spend the 4bux a pop on as many chargers as I need ... thats it for me.
Well, TBH, I haven't been able to sit down and fly for 3.5 hours. But at least I know that I can do it

When I do fly, usually it's 4-6 packs worth. I have 2 of the usb chargers and one of them has a defective slot. I also don't have to run my computer to charge the batteries (when I finish the homemade charger) as I don't have enough plug in the wall USB thingymaboppers to plug in the factory chargers. I think we sell them where I work and might buy one so that I can do as you suggest.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
...just realized that I can do in parallel with no worries of balancing so I will be able to charge all my batteries in one shot. I.
Don't charge your batteriers in parallel, unless you mean parallel in time and your charger has separate outputs for all the parallel batteries.

If you simply take the one charging output and hook it to multiple batteries in parallel, it will not charge them properly and could cause a dangerous condition.

Worst case: You hook up a fully charged battery and a dead one. Parallel wiring causes the full one to back charge the empty one - at a very high rate - overheating of one or the other, or both, causes damage, bloating, or worse (fire).
Unless you know what you're doing, don't try to make a multiple battery charger harness.

As they say on Mysthbusters: "Don't do it.... Ever".

Quick Reply