Jan 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
New Math. They should fire somebody and hire you instead. LOL.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2012, 03:56 PM

Can you guys look at your battery terminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
Same observation and same question here. IIRC, the owner flew it for a day before this happened. What we can't see is if the wires are also reversed at the battery connector end. If they were, then it was just a bad choice of wire color, but electrically sound.
Exacly...that's why I was asking...can you guys take a look at your boards. With the board pointing up at the ceiling and looking from the bottom...where is your red terminal on the battery? Mine is on the left. If yours are too then mine is definitely wired incorrectly.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
How about just hook up your battery and put a meter on V+ and V-?
Jan 09, 2012, 04:02 PM

Replacement heli shipped to Croatia fortunately :)

From BangGood today was shipped heli to Croatia:
Reference Code:
RA420199502CN

Ship Type:
CNRAM

Description:
item A000091201060289 Depart from Flytexpress Sorting Center to MXXX XXX CROATIA at 2012-1-9 5:48:59

I hope I'll have more lucky with binding receiver and transmitter.

Today I bought in BangGood spares parts I hope it'll be enough for first fly LOL:

2 of :WL V911 Ascend and Descend Helicopter part (SKU026041) US$2.58
2 of :WL V911 Head Cover Helicopter part (SKU026016) US$3.80
1 of :WL V911 Centra axis & wheel Helicopter part (SKU026053) US$0.57
1 of :2 x WL V911 Tail Motor Seat Helicopter part (2xSKU026047) US$1.75
Jan 09, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
How about just hook up your battery and put a meter on V+ and V-?
Yeah, I gotta go get one of those. I don't have one yet. I'm just about to wire my spare receiver on so wanted to make sure I had the right terminals. How about you Helipad..where is your red terminal..left side? I figure this is easier than using a meter since the polarity on the batteries is the same for all of us.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:04 PM
Heli Mania
Just use a voltmeter to determine which terminal is + and - on the battery, and then based on how the battery inserts into the holder you should be able to determine which wire is + and which is -.

From the photos I've seen on the internet, it looks like the red wire is coming off the LH side of the battery holder - referenced as if you where sitting inside the cockpit of the heli. Only photo I could find that kind of shows the + and - wires going to the battery holder.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 09, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
Just use a voltmeter to determine which terminal is + and - on the battery, and then based on how the battery inserts into the holder you should be able to determine which wire is + and which is -.

From the photos I've seen on the internet, it looks like the red wire is coming off the LH side of the battery holder - referenced as if you where sitting inside the cockpit of the heli. Only photo I could find that kind of shows the + and - wires going to the battery holder.
Can you take a picture of your battery terminals for me...would really help...no Voltmeter yet..I had an old analoy meter around but I can't find it.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
Team Drone Art
Anyone else think it's odd that the photo Hayabusa Heli posted shows the main motor connection point is at M1, the left side (When looking from the tail forward) of the RX board.

Helipal's board is also using M1 for the main motor:

But ArcFault and computerbreak's are using the M2 connection points for the main motor.

ArcFault:

computerbreak:

Puzzling.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
if your looking at the heli with the canopy off from the front the red wire connects to the right side of the battery holder
Jan 09, 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:

With that reference, mine's on the opposite side...which would make my wiring correct. My motor is hooked up correctly. So maybe my servo just went out on the second day. I probably had total flying time of 2 hours before it froze up and had this whining sound.
Jan 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
those pictures are odd mine is wired like computer break and arcfaults, except the reversed wires on computerbreaks that is
Jan 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak
With that reference, mine's on the opposite side...which would make my wiring correct.
You mean correct for your heil with respect to + going to + and - going to - ... meaning the + battery terminal is connected to the +A on the board and they used the wrong colored wire on your heli?
Jan 09, 2012, 04:58 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak
Can you take a picture of your battery terminals for me...would really help...no Voltmeter yet..I had an old analoy meter around but I can't find it.
Sorry ... still waiting for my V911 to arrive. First thing I'm going to do is remove the canopy and make sure all the wiring is correct though.
Jan 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
You mean correct for your heil only with respect to wire color used ... meaning the + battery terminal is connected to the +A on the board? So they just used the wrong colored wire on you heli?
It looks like that's the case, but I don't have a voltimeter to test. If most others have the red terminal on the L (like drivers side while sitting in the cockpit) then yes that's the case. On mine, they reversed the wire colors so my V+ on the L battery terminal is black..should be red but it does goto V+.
Jan 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Team Drone Art
BTW,

Someone mentioned that binding the v911 transmitter to another heli such as the 9958, the servos controls are inverted. That would make some sense seeing how the red wire for the servo is connected to the negative, and the blue wire is connected to the positive on the v911 RX board.

So, unless the v911 TX has a hidden binding mode like the Blade RTF TX does to invert the servo channel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSarge
That said, here are the instruction to perform servo reversing on the MLP4DSM transmitter:

Same as the 'binding proceedure' - first turn off the transmitter.
To reverse the elevator (right, up-down) stick, push and hold down the bottom elevator trim button while turning on the transmitter. Continue to hold down the button until a series of beeps are heard (about 5 seconds). Now release the trim button and you have sucessfully reversed the elevator stick which will of course reverse the elevator servo direction. To return the stick to 'normal', just perform the same procedure while holding down the top elevator trim button.
Follow the same procedure to reverse the aileron and rudder sticks too, with the left trim button being 'normal' and the right trim buttons being 'reverse'.
I've never had a reason to reverse the throttle, but it should work the same way.

I hope this helps!

GSarge
If the v911 TX doesn't have the hidden servo reversal mode as stated above, would that mean to use the v911 TX with a heli such as the 9958. One may just need to resolder the servo motor wires so they are inverse of what they are now?

Just some thoughts for you guys to explore.

Quick Reply