Jun 18, 2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
As long as I don't command suddenly direction changes, there would not be flybar strikes. Even during high rates, banked turns if executed smoothly and gently, the flybar should not strike the canopy.

Try bending the flybar upwards. Apply a little heat using a hair dryer to make the bend permanent. It helps.

Perform mechanical trim (permanent, persistent) so that you need not trim it every time you power up the TX.
im using 9x and only trimmed once not every time, seems good enough, don't know if mechanical trim would be any better as doesn't drift in any one direction but just slowly moves around a bit.. as for flybar strikes they are fairly rare and usually only when diving from steep climb and sharp turn (but so much fun), might try the heated bending of flybar, but afraid to cause more stabillity issues. still crashing often when try to really get some speed in tight place, and always astounded by no breakages.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
KKDDMM has quite a cool blog: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/ringmaker/ (In Japanese) I saw some really interesting mods there. Really impressive work!
Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
KKDDMM: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8824

Maybe KKDDMM will help answer firecabbage V911 Clone BNF features & V911 parts compatibilty questions.

FCMan: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6936
I received it this morning at office.
So please wait a while,I will report the yellow bird after back home.
Jun 18, 2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
KKDDMM has quite a cool blog: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/ringmaker/ (In Japanese) I saw some really interesting mods there. Really impressive work!
Thank you!
Jun 18, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
KKDDMM: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8824

Maybe KKDDMM will help answer firecabbage V911 Clone BNF features & V911 parts compatibilty questions.

FCMan: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6936
I checked the NEW V911.
It can bind with my FS-TH9X-B,and there is no problem at test hover.
So I dont regret.
But......I think this heli is not a product of WL-TOYS.

Swashplate and rudder and maingear is just! just! just as same these of 9C002(Jiuchon)!!!
(But mainblade and linkage and head is different from V911 and 9C002.)

Off course,RX is a new one,
and speed of servo-moving is very quick as V911,
but an angle of movement is smaller than V911.

Obvious advantage is below two parts.
1)swash plate(have 2 pins)
2)skid(it has new batt holder,enclosed type)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
New receiver ---> yes(only main motor is used connector)
New rotor head ---> yes(but almost same)
New main gear ---> 9C002
New main motor ---> not checked
New swash ---> 9C002
New swash guide ---> at center
New buckles ---> ???
New tail fins (maybe just cosmetic) ---> 9C002(rudder)
New tail motor ---> not checked
New main bldes ---> yes(but almost same)
New tail boom ---> yes(little shorter than V911)
New bushing ---> ???
New Canopy ---> yes(cop of 260A ?)
New connect links ---> yes(but almost same)
New main shaft (looks like carbon fiber?) ---> yes(carbon)
New balance bar. ---> yes(weight is different)
Jun 18, 2012, 08:13 AM
added photos, see my pages.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=398394
Jun 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
Arigato KKDDMM! Nice review!

I have a couple of Jiuchons and I find its main shaft and swashplates better than the ones on V911. I have swapped them over very quickly.
Jun 18, 2012, 08:32 AM

Full ailerons and Elevator == Rotation Impeded!

When under high rate, then applied full aileron left and full elevator forward, main shaft rotation is impeded. Check out the video:

WLtoys V911 Problem (0 min 34 sec)

This video showed stock V911 main shaft and swashplate. It also manifests on Jiuchon main shaft and swashplate as well. Head speed will be severely reduced when this happens.

Is this "normal"?
Jun 18, 2012, 09:10 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
When under high rate, then applied full aileron left and full elevator forward, main shaft rotation is impeded. Check out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD0rPUnqTBk

This video showed stock V911 main shaft and swashplate. It also manifests on Jiuchon main shaft and swashplate as well. Head speed will be severely reduced when this happens.

Is this "normal"?
This is NOT supposed to happen (ie either the swash does not allow for enough angle or the servos have too much throw (too generous of WLToys, right ??? .) but it is "normal" if you define normal as occuring on basically all of them (and I have to suppose it does, as all mine "share" this feature ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jun 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifa View Post
To my V911 (did already damage to the surroundings...)
Tail motor got hit :

It didn't work in this condition , and didn't work after I pushed the back part back to the motor cylinder with nose pliers .
Any point in trying to save it ? (I got my BNF for now , until next crash )
Make sure the tiny rod is between the two pins at the back of the plastic cover.
But mine over heats after that fix until the motor died.
Jun 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Yes I know this should not be happening but it is "normal" as I think all the V911s are like this. Do you think we can remove the ring and the problem will go away? Or will the lack of the ring cause evil vibrations?
Jun 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Arigato KKDDMM! Nice review!

I have a couple of Jiuchons and I find its main shaft and swashplates better than the ones on V911. I have swapped them over very quickly.
Thanks!

And......I tried barless mod at this NEW(?) V911.
and I succeeded it,it can fry as V911.
This means,NEW(?) V911 is a good heli just like as original V911,I think.

Speed of servos is enough to control.
Rudder stability is enough too.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:44 AM
Brosol
@KKDDMM: Wow! Thank You for all review work.

FCMan did mention the parts are from the same factory that makes the Jiuchon 9C002 so its not a WLToys product it seems?
Last edited by Brosol; Jun 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
"Lurker"
Having not previously seeing the flybarless mod, I am guessing it has something to do with the lead weights on the blade tips ??
Jun 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
I'm a bit concerned about these "new" parts given the fact that the V911 has already gone through at least one revision. I just want to make sure I can still get parts! I get all my stuff from myrcmart, btw.

Can anybody tell me if my timeline is accurate here?

Rev 1 : The "Corter"

Rev 2 : The "Copter"
- Slightly longer tail boom than rev 1
- New tail motor holder and slightly different tail motor than rev 1 (Thanks Hayabusa Heli!)
- Skids have a screw in the rear and spares come with the power leads and battery connectors already attached

Rev 3 : This new thing from FireCabbage

Is there any way to reference the different revisions? I've already had a problem because I bought a Copter (rev 2) from myrcmart and then ordered a spare set of skids but got an older set (rev 1) that didn't have the screw hole. All they have now are the screw-hole ones (rev2). There's also no sign of the firecabbage versions (rev 3) there yet.

Does anybody know if there is any sort of "official" naming scheme for these? Or, do we have to resign ourselves to the fact that these helis are so cheap they're considered "disposable" by some--thus nobody is going to care enough to keep the part catalog accurate for those of us who DON'T consider them disposable?
Last edited by RoboHeli; Jun 18, 2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added a rev 2 item from Hayabusa Heli

Quick Reply