May 04, 2012, 07:12 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipsey View Post
Is it just me or does everyone else spend more time fixing than flying these things?
I learned the 4 channel on the V911. In my many crashes, only the canopy became badly cracked and my landing gear busted, and I was able to fix it. Other than those two, my V911s have been very solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipsey View Post
What heli should I get next? A better FP (Solo Pro?) or a CP (MCPx)?
If you plan on eventually advancing to a 6 channel heli, don't bother with other fixed pitch helis. I heard the Walkera Mini CP is an outstanding 6 channel, but I bought a Walkera Genius CP. It'll arrive next Wednesday.

Here's a comparison between a Mini CP and a Blade MCPX:

HeliPal.com - Walkera Mini CP vs Blade mCP X Review (5 min 38 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
My 4 "originals" are all about 42mm long, they were labelled LA and LB.
LA = 2012 January
LB = 2012 February
May 04, 2012, 08:04 PM

helicopter heaven

Well put over 200 flights on my V911 apparently for the last time. High altitude, lost orientation, and it flew back to China. Was using a turnigy 9X so the range is incredible but lost sight of it due to the trees and distance. Just for the record, I have not done 1 repair or had any mechanical problems with it since I purchased it. It has performed incredibly and it is a sad day, but fortunately ..... I bought spares just for this occasion. Hope the others hold up as well as the runaway.
May 04, 2012, 08:12 PM
I don't think I have had my V911 over 15 feet high, other than the times I decided to see if I could flip it. Those times I was probably up to about 40 feet and it was just a spec. I just gave it full throttle til I thought it was high enough and nose dived pulling up with about 10 feet to go. It did make some nice blade fart noises when I did that
May 04, 2012, 08:14 PM
Cookiemonster
newby here with a new v911, what is crab trim, diversion trim, and and rudder conversion button, I can fly a s107 with no problem but having trouble hovering with v911 from yallstore on ebay.
May 04, 2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
I have not done 1 repair or had any mechanical problems with it since I purchased it. It has performed incredibly and it is a sad day, but fortunately ..... I bought spares just for this occasion.
Poor madmito, he loved his first Corter, then he lost it. Since then, he's had one bad luck after another in his replacement Corters.
May 04, 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarey01 View Post
what is crab trim, diversion trim, and and rudder conversion button
I'm a V911 graduate and I have no clue what those things are. If the V911 is drifting, just click the trim repeatedly until it stays in one place.
It's a good thing you're not dealing with a Xieda 9958. Those toilet bowl effects are really a pain !!
May 04, 2012, 08:39 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
LA = 2012 January
LB = 2012 February
My new ones I got today say LC25
May 04, 2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
My new ones I got today say LC25
L is the 12th letter of the alphabet = 2012
C is the 3rd = March

So LC25 = 2012 March 25
May 04, 2012, 09:46 PM
So my first problem with my v911 was it coming in a slightly crushed box (Came in just it's own package box in a plastic envolope) but I tuned it back up and got it running fine despite a little bit of vibrations due to slightly warped main gear but not too crazy only on fast drops and raises. On a crash the tail motor came apart and damaged the brushes.......... so yeah..... but with some modifications to the tail motor and some ghetto fixes I got the motor running again I'm just trying to get a temporary fix until I order a new tail motor.

When I get it to "final fix" I'll take some pictures and post it up in case anyone else wants a quick fix for a tail motor while waiting for a replacement so you're not grounded :P
May 04, 2012, 11:45 PM
Is this how you guys put your weights on the extreme flybar?

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336193112.292779.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 43.2 KB
Description:
May 05, 2012, 12:16 AM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard
Is this how you guys put your weights on the extreme flybar?

Attachment 4836986
There's a notch on the flybar rod where the screw is supposed to go into, but you can slide the weights further in if you want. Friction alone should hold them in place.
May 05, 2012, 12:28 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC
Characterizing a battery is harder than just a volt or ampmeter.
Though I guess you could do it...
There is specialized equipment for this specific purpose.
Early on, someone posted graphs of various batteries, but I don't think I've seen one of the 120mAH vs 130mAH and nothing on the "new 150mAH".

The important characteristics of a battery for a heli are:

1. Weight
2. Capacity (mAH = milli amp hours = energy = how many milliamps can it supply for an hour). Not everyone ends the timing at the point that the heli can no longer fly, so this is always suspect.
3. C rating = power. Higher C gives more punch.
"C" is the rating of the max current a battery can/should put out relative to it's "capacity". A 20C, 120mAH battery can be discharged at 20 times 120mA = 2400mA. Note that you'll get somewhere less than 1/20th an hour out of it.
1/20th hour is only 3 minutes, but you're not always pulling 20C, so it lasts longer.
The fact that we get 5 minutes indicates about 12C average.
Exceeding 20C will cause heat and possible damage.

A 25C 130mAH battery can discharge at 25 * 130mA = 3250.
So while the capacity is only 8% more, the max current is 35% more.

Even when not drawing max current from a battery, those with higher C ratings will lose/waste less energy in heat.
This probably helps offset the increased weight with only 8% more capacity.

The 130's are heavier, but have a noticeably more punch.
Most people report that the extra capacity outweighs the extra weight and they get longer flight times.

When I switch from a "dead" 120 to a fresh 130, I almost always shoot my Corter into the ceiling from the extra punch. Very noticeable (especially after the 120 being low).
Extra punch = If you're dropping fast and punch full throttle, the 130's can keep you from hitting the ground when the 120's wouldn't have been able to.
I think they last longer, though I haven't really timed it.

I put two layers of duct tape on the bottom of my 130's to help prevent damage as they do hit ground when you land (especially when you "land" hard).

I'd like to see a report from someone who has the 150's before I replace all the 130's I have.
A nice tutorial on our LiPos, RicksterRC. There is more to it than mAh, for sure. FWIW, the two batts I got with my original RTF are the longer ones. I threw in 5 batts when I ordered my BNF and they are shorter than the first two. I've not timed anything or done any precise measurements but I just don't notice enough of a difference that I can recognise between the two. The only thing that I think I've noticed are the longer ones seem to 'hang on' through trimming yaw just a little bit longer. The advantage is being able to escape from doing something stupid on a low LiPo (don't ask) Other than that, the shorter ones seem to keep a great charge and when they're done, they're done.
May 05, 2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel
I learned the 4 channel on the V911. In my many crashes, only the canopy became badly cracked and my landing gear busted, and I was able to fix it. Other than those two, my V911s have been very solid.
So is it possible I got a couple of dud V911s then? Maybe I should get another BNF V911 until I can afford the CP... only $20 from bang good anyway
May 05, 2012, 12:35 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail
That looks kinda like a.....

Oh, wait...

Hey, SG Mason Knives - just for us ... could you paint "CORTER" on the side?!?
I hope he goes for it. Will definitly qualify as "The Mothership" if he does.
His 'can you spot the V911' pics were cute.

Quick Reply