May 03, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Here's my latest experiment. Chopped flybar with paddles. Certainly more demanding and challenging on the pilot, I'm still on the learning curve as the end of video demonstrates.
That is a super short flybar! I really want WL Toys to release a FBL model soon at a reasonable price... get rid of the flybar all together! Do you notice less pendulum effect with the shortened and lighter flybar?
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2012, 12:31 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
That is a super short flybar! I really want WL Toys to release a FBL model soon at a reasonable price... get rid of the flybar all together! Do you notice less pendulum effect with the shortened and lighter flybar?
Actually the pendulum effect is exaggerated if anything. I'm guessing that's because the self-correcting tendency of the flybar is delayed (in addition to being diminshed), which then adds to the pilots own correction. In any case, I think pendulum is not necessarily a bad thing, if the pilot learns to take advantage of it (think of snow/skateboarders in a half pipe, etc).
Last edited by stonecutter; May 03, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
May 03, 2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Looks like it's BNF (no transmitter) in the crap box that someone posted arrived with a broken tail boom.

I buy lots of stuff from Dealexpress.
They tend to just throw stuff in an envelope.
Very often things arrive in crushed boxes.
I wouldn't buy anything remotely breakable from them.
May 03, 2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
OK here are a couple of pictures of the new helicopter, with something we all have for a size comparison. Can you spot the V911

nice beast there haha and here are my 2 favourite FP's of the moment
May 03, 2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Actually the pendulum effect is exaggerated if anything. I'm guessing that's because the self-correcting tendency of the flybar is delayed (in adition to being diminshed), which then adds to the pilots own correction. In any case, I think pendulum is not necessarily a bad thing, if the pilot learns to take advantage of it (think of snow/skateboarders in a half pipe, etc).
I have learned to fly with the effect and use it to make quick manuvers but FBL versions will not have this quality. It would be nice to minimize the flight disturbances of the flybar if possible till I eventually jump over to a FBL heli... hopefully this year.
May 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Anyone saw this? recent refit
This is modified remote control.
Higher accuracy than the pre transmitter
Good touch and new exciting designs
if those are mechanical trims instead of crummy "clicky" tims i will immediately order 2 more rtf kits. can you say when it will be available?
May 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
RC beginner
duppity doo
May 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee
I have learned to fly with the effect and use it to make quick manuvers but FBL versions will not have this quality. It would be nice to minimize the flight disturbances of the flybar if possible till I eventually jump over to a FBL heli... hopefully this year.
Glue that little rocker linkage that's between the swash pushrods and the flybar rods.
Will it be flyable? I don't know.
Might remove the flybar... will that change anything, I don't know.

May 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sir Crashalot

strange LCD display

My stock transmitter is acting a little strange. It's a one time thing, I hope. I turned it on, instead of the usual display, I get this. Does not bind, moving the sticks does nothing. Turned it off and on again, that display is gone, replaced by blank back lit display. Opened the back to check for obvious causes (not that I think I can actually fix anything). Found nothing out of the ordinary, but gave every component a tap and jiggle for good measure. Put it back together and turned it on, now it functions normally.
May 03, 2012, 03:00 PM

funky servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algor View Post
My heli has developed a fluttering pitch servo, which makes the bird uncontrolable, so while I wait for a new V911 to arrive, ( long wait to South Africa) have unsoldered one of the wires on that servo, so it still flys as a three channel perfectly. I still need to do the resistor mod on the TX to make it less twitchy, especially for inside. Have to hand launch as cannot counteract the yaw from a floor takeoff as before.....Anyone else had this problem.
My elev servo was doing the funky chikn twitch too from time to time. I think it started after a horrendous crash... It would twitch like nuts, then stop with full down on the servo arm.... I would flick the servo with my finger to "wake it up" so I could continue flying.
I was never brave enuff to open-up my servo to try and fix it.... (thanks for the pics SammyC) So I sprayed the servo/pcb area with "contact cleaner/wd-40".... and the elev servo's been working fine for the last 2weeks! (knock on wood)

@SammyC:
P.S. You soldered that tiny crystal??? I was considering it yesterday, my back-up corter loses RX @30-40 foot range.... but the tininess and the crowdedness of the area and my lumbering soldering tip.... I thot not! lol
Last edited by vpsporb; May 03, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: tiny cystal
May 03, 2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Damn it was finicky trying to solder that little crystal, I was game enough to try and get the solder stronger once it worked, so I hot glued it to secure it.
I've done something similar. But I haven't had the tube crystal.
I glued a part of self adhesive foam rubber on the crystal and fixed it on the pcb.
No need to re-trim.
It's working even after "hard" field tests (crashes indoors on the floor and outdoor in the grass)
May 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Dang thats a huuge crystal! what's with all the "BIG" things lately....? first Mason's Ginormous hummer... now your BIG crystal... it's almost enuff to give me a "size" complex!
May 03, 2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Dang thats a huuge crystal! what's with all the "BIG" things lately....? first Mason's Ginormous hummer... now your BIG crystal... it's almost enuff to give me a "size" complex!
LOL, that's one way to add forward ballast!!
May 03, 2012, 11:33 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL

Another short indoor flight.

On my second battery now..first battery doesn't last long now....

My Movie.wmv (1 min 41 sec)
May 04, 2012, 01:41 AM

Ran into some trouble

I ran about 6 packs through her today and everything was great, flying very smooth and at decent speeds too! Upon inspection after my flight i noticed the white end cap with wires wired to the tail boom attatched to the tail motor popped off and im no longer getting power to the motor now resulting in toileg bowling. My question is how would i go about swapping a new motor out and what would i need? From what i see the wires are very small and feed into the boom. Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Quick Reply