Mar 24, 2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Thanks Zet, but that didn't work for me. Not sure why. Here's what I did, which is the same as the diagram you posted.

Here's the switch I installed:

Once that was installed, when I turned on the transmitter, it showed low on battery and the TX turned itself off within about 4 seconds. Every time I turned it on. It just turned itself off on low battery. Does anyone know why it's doing this?

I removed the wires from the board and it's fine again. Mayeb I used the wrong resistors? But would that cause the low battery signal and the TX turning off?

Also, rest assured that the soldering on the RX was clean. No spills, not shorts, It looked clean and it was solid.

Why is this not working for me?

Chris
What value resistors did you use? There's also a wattage rating as well. I'm an electrical dummy, but it could be the issue as your wiring diagram looks good.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2012, 09:44 AM
Chris, in your initial pictures, the Trex paddles didn't look that big. The picture you just posted, they look humungous. I thought they were just wider than the MSR's but they look much much thicker. Try the MSR paddles for the Xtreme MSR carbon flybar.......they're perfect in my opinion.

Look at the differences (notice the thickness of the paddles in relation to the flybar diameter):

Ingenious servo arm mod, I like it.
Mar 24, 2012, 09:45 AM
I use 2.5k resistors. As for wattage, I had no idea what to pick so I just picked the 2.5k that were the same size as the ones shown in WASP's pictures and your pictures. The store I went to is MASSIVE and they have a gizzilion kinds of resistors. Van we get a more specific idea of what is required to do this mod, please? Maybe I can go back tomorrow and get the right ones (if this is my issue.)

sigh...

Chris
Mar 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Chris, in your initial pictures, the Trex paddles didn't look that big. The picture you just posted, they look humungous. I thought they were just wider than the MSR's but they look much much thicker. Try the MSR paddles for the Xtreme MSR carbon flybar.......they're perfect in my opinion.

Look at the differences (notice the thickness of the paddles in relation to the flybar diameter):

Ingenious servo arm mod, I like it.
After cutting off the TRex 100X paddles and the stock V911 flybar weights, I weighed them. The V911 weights are roughly 0.83 grams. The Trex 100X are 1.27 grams. Maybe you are right. Too big, too heavy, no good.

Cheers!

Chris

PS: Here's the video of the V911/TRex 100X hybrid flybar in action. I don't usually crash that much. Honest. It just doesn't respond well and dives down too much.

V911 with TRex 100X flybar paddles (5 min 43 sec)
Mar 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
Yep, my paddles are only .7 grams each. You're killing alot of head speed.

As far as the resistor mod, the only thing I can think of is maybe show us pictures of the back of your TX and other wiring. Maybe something got pinched when you put it back together and/or one of the wires got pinched/nicked by one of the screws causing a short?
Mar 24, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
What value resistors did you use? There's also a wattage rating as well. I'm an electrical dummy, but it could be the issue as your wiring diagram looks good.
Sounds like short circuiting to the battery case contact at the back. If the sfuff you use is big enough, make sure you wrap it up.
Mar 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Last order I got from Banggood took slightly over 60 days to get to me ... yes, not a typo ... 60 days. I think they are sending stuff by boat, not plane to save shipping costs. How does it take over 60 days otherwise?
Have you tried sending a PM to Aaron yet? He's been very helpful to me in the past.
(I don't think I can survive another Chinese New Year though)
Mar 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Quote:
Sorry I meant the Turnigy controller, not batteries.
I'm REALLY curious about their 9ch Tx also. I've had two backordered for months, but every time they let a few dribble out they''re gone by the time I get off work and read the email notice.

I guess I could just pay for them and wait, but I'd like to know they work well with the 911 first.
Mar 24, 2012, 12:28 PM

9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
I'm REALLY curious about their 9ch Tx also. I've had two backordered for months, but every time they let a few dribble out they''re gone by the time I get off work and read the email notice.

I guess I could just pay for them and wait, but I'd like to know they work well with the 911 first.
I just received a Eurgle 9x (same thing) a few days ago. It works excellent with both the 9958 and the V911. Much smoother control of the heli than the stock TX and well worth the investment. I had one back ordered for months and ended up getting the Eurgle since it was in stock. Couple pages back on this thread is a link to the 3rd generation eurgle...
Mar 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Sounds like short circuiting to the battery case contact at the back. If the sfuff you use is big enough, make sure you wrap it up.
Just chiming in to say a big thank you to you, Sir. A big thank you to Massive Overkill, too, for trying to help out. I need to ask... What is your background? How do you know about this stuff? This was like venturing into the unknown for me.

Anywhoos, I decided to go try this again late this evening. First I replaced the switch thinking maybe it was faulty because it's such a cheap switch. No go. Turned the TX on and it powered itself off again. So I decided to remove the resistors and try 2.2k ones. (I bought 2k, 2.2k and 2.5 k resistors today. It cost me less than 1 buck for 10 of them, BTW. Super cheap mod! )

When I got home I struggled to install this because my eyes aren't good up close. I went back out and bought a helping hand with a magnifying glass attached. This helped a lot, but by then I had overheated the resistors, I think. In any case, the 2.5k I first tried didn't work and caused the TX to shut down on its own. I think I fried them with too much heat. So, as mentioned, I just tried to install 2.2 k resistors, and this time I hurried up to avoid overheating the resistors. It WORKS! It WORKS!!!

What an awesome mod, and hence the BIG thank you for sharing this with us. My V911 now handles MUCH easier in high rate.... Like... It handles PERFECTLY with the 2.2k resistors. I'm not feeling much of a dead band. It just feels like a much tamer rudder, yet very fast action further into the stick range. In simple words, my V911 is now EASY to fly in high rates. This mod, indeed, transformed my heli. This gets my vote as being the most efficient mod I have ever performed (and I do a lot of modifications). The result is staggering. I shall, henceforth, refer to it as the Wasp09 resistor mod. Very clever of Massive Overkill to implement this mod using a switch, too!

It's really good to have people like you on this board who are willing to share their expertise. I can't thank you guys enough.

Bestest,
Chris
Mar 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Its cold, raining and windy here today, no outdoor flying and if I try flying indoors I have to watch for the Godzilla cat trying to catch my helicopter. As cute as that is I would rather not risk hurting the cat or damaging the helicopter.
Mar 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
perfectly cromulent flyer
Mine arrived from AliExpress this morning...batteries charged in no time and the first flights were phenomenal!!

This is so different from my DH9100. This thing reacts instantly and exact. I can't believe I waited so long to order this.

Took about 1 month from ordering to get it...order it on 2/27
Mar 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
Mine arrived from AliExpress this morning...batteries charged in no time and the first flights were phenomenal!!

This is so different from my DH9100. This thing reacts instantly and exact
That's because the DH 9100 is a 3-ch single bade heli, and the V911 is 4-ch. If you fly the V911 with not aileron roll, then it will fly pretty much like the DH9100 does.

Once you go 4-ch, you never will like 3-ch anymore.
Mar 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Finally got mine today...Almost a month of waiting, but well worth it.
Do any of the Solo Pro parts interchange with this. I have a couple of
shortened flybars I would like to use.

Mar 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
First Impression:
1. Out of the box, trim was barely off..very good.
2. Had back shakes while hovering.....put spare blades on and shakes stopped..No Biggie.!
3. Very controllable.
4. Solor Pro Blades, holes too small....No Biggie..Have to order some blades.
5. Lipo very stubborn to install........!

Quick Reply