Mar 03, 2012, 08:25 AM
my precious Corter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken
I really do need to write down what parts I'm ordering because I keep double and triple ordering stuff (sometimes accidentally).

Ken
Yes, it's the same thing I tell my wife
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2012, 09:06 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo

geeze why did they send me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmito
Yes, it's the same thing I tell my wife
must be a computer mistake. when I was a kid 1955 , I ordered a battle ship for .25cents and 2 box tops kellogs. every couple days a battle ship came in the mail.
no email or long distance for us at that time my mom had to write a letter to get them to stop. I could not fit in the bathtub also couldn't afford batteries for all of them either.

Tonytester
Mar 03, 2012, 09:56 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
Hey guys,
We have micro-heli gatherings at our club and a friend thought of an ingenious idea! Charging the batteries from a portable mobile phone charger!!
I charge mine with a cell phone charger also. Here's a Motorola USB charger at Amazon for $4.59 with free shipping.
Mar 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
Soldering them is best ... twisting might work, but it's subject to failure.
When I had to replace the defective motor on my V911 with the motor from my Xieda 9958 with a toilet bowl effect, I just twisted the suckers.
That was a month ago ...
Mar 03, 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken
I noticed I could not completely trim out the yaw to the right. With the trim at its max, it still has a slight yaw to the right. I'll wait to see if it is still there after a few more break-in flights but I guess if it is, there is nothing that can be done (if I'm understanding other post here).
Check the numbers on your PCB. Do they look like mine?
Mar 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
Soldering them is best ... twisting might work, but it's subject to failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel
When I had to replace the defective motor on my V911 with the motor from my Xieda 9958 with a toilet bowl effect, I just twisted the suckers.
That was a month ago ...
Thanks guys. I am not sure I will be able to solder those tiny wires. Good to know twisting them will also work.
Mar 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75
Thanks guys. I am not sure I will be able to solder those tiny wires. Good to know twisting them will also work.
I converted my regular soldering iron to a micro by securing a stainless steel nail into it, you could probably use a large needle or other suitable shaft, but it's hard to get the solder to stick to the tips. It's not optimal, but will work in a bind.
Mar 03, 2012, 10:32 AM

260A Aluminum Swash

Hey Guys, a quick heads up on the swash that came w/ my 260 A parts kit. Make sure you check your brass linkage balls on the aluminum swash for tightness,I just installed mine without thinking about it and after 2 flights 1 of the balls came completely out ,but luckily it was still hanging in the swash link! I used some anaerobics retainer ( RC Red Threadlocker ) and that sucker is in there for good. The anaerobics retainer is a great addition to your flight box as it is designed to react to metal for a permanent bond,use the regular blue if you want to ever get stuff apart again
Mar 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
Team Drone Art
@cpuken:
Just to clarify...when you say yaw, you're talking about rudder. Correct? Not left and right aileron.

-Daryoon
Mar 03, 2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
@cpuken:
Just to clarify...when you say yaw, you're talking about rudder. Correct? Not left and right aileron.

-Daryoon
Yes, rudder problem, sorry about that... I promise to sit down soon and commit the various heli terms to memory (at least Yaw, Rudder, etc.)
After a lube job and a few more flights, the rudder problem (for now) seems to be gone. This new Blue-White heli is certainly a little different then the 1st two I owned. It doesn't appear to be as stable but not bad. It may yet smooth out. And the flight times are lower then my other two (when then first arrived). I've observed a little shudder a few times and it will also change altitude on occasion on its on.
Mar 03, 2012, 11:29 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Hey guys finally got my V911 today. A little dissappointed....the canopy says Copter. I was hoping to get a CORTER, I mean it Im a little bit sad I really thought that typo was hilarious. My flybar is straight and has no bends to it, PCB board is v6. The servos are on the outer holes and swash is on the long balls. So from the factory shes set up to be as responsive as possible. Tail Boom is a LOT longer than either my MSRX or 9958. I plan to use a KBB tailblade on this as its larger and has more pitch. Im gonna fly it stock for a couple batteries and then go metal swash, rotor head, xtreme blades, xtreme CF flybar with MSR paddles.

Everything looks good so far out of the box. Pretty excited, haha
Mar 03, 2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Here's a better link.
The battery has the digits LB11. I interpret those digits as 2012 Feb 11.
The batteries that came with my v911 appear to the the 130mah. I got it from Banggood. Pretty happy to have 2 130mah in the box.
Mar 03, 2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
That was a month ago ...
dude your so funny, you have to ALWAYS mention TBE from your 9958. If you would have taken some time address it instead of quitting maybe you would be flying your 9958 right now instead of complaining about it. But you quit on that poor heli, seems like a waste to me. Should have shipped it to me for free and I could have had it hovering on a dime. Oh well.
Mar 03, 2012, 12:10 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
@cpuken:

-Daryoon
Yaw is controlled by the rudder (tail prop on a heli).
Roll is controlled by the ailerons (left/right cyclic on a heli)
Mar 03, 2012, 12:14 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82
Hey guys finally got my V911 today. A little dissappointed....the canopy says Copter. I was hoping to get a CORTER, I mean it Im a little bit sad I really thought that typo was hilarious. My flybar is straight and has no bends to it, PCB board is v6. The servos are on the outer holes and swash is on the long balls. So from the factory shes set up to be as responsive as possible. Tail Boom is a LOT longer than either my MSRX or 9958. I plan to use a KBB tailblade on this as its larger and has more pitch. Im gonna fly it stock for a couple batteries and then go metal swash, rotor head, xtreme blades, xtreme CF flybar with MSR paddles.

Everything looks good so far out of the box. Pretty excited, haha
Not sure the bigger tail prop is going to get you any improvements ... seems the tail is as fast as lightning on the V911 in stock form. They all come setup from the factory with the servo arms on outer holes and linkage on outer balls for fastest movements.

Let us know how you like the V911.

Quick Reply