Oct 29, 2013, 11:01 PM
I am going to order the paddle flybar for modding the 911...Does anyone here have a f45 they added a paddle flybar to...? I willalso post this to the f-45 forum...thax
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
THere's a link in my original post to the heli @ CostCo.com. $56.99 They also have a quad for a ~$50 but I didn't see it on the website.
Thax ..thats good to know
Oct 29, 2013, 11:20 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Mike
I never got mine to work. Every time I connect it to my charger and start the charge cycle, it reboots my charger.
I sent the board back to the company. They checked it out and said it's working fine. They still haven't sent the board back to me, so I may be out that money.
If yours charges at all, be happy. lol

I'd also suggest that none of us buy from vicious teknology (sic) until we see how my situation plays out.
I got quick and friendly responses from them, up until I asked that they send back my board.
Now it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from them. :/
Mine charges but my charger doesn't beep to let me know when it's done. I'm currently not using it, I'll sell if anyone is interested.
Oct 30, 2013, 03:10 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Mike View Post
I think maybe you intended to direct this to Suke001?
errr yes ... it was a comment to support yours ... not to chide you in any way ..

Sorry if any offense - none intended.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Oct 30, 2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
errr yes ... it was a comment to support yours ... not to chide you in any way ..

Sorry if any offense - none intended.

Nigel
None taken, I just wanted to clarify to Suke001 that you were answering his question. Considering the language barrier, he might need it.
Oct 30, 2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
I never got mine to work. Every time I connect it to my charger and start the charge cycle, it reboots my charger.
I sent the board back to the company. They checked it out and said it's working fine. They still haven't sent the board back to me, so I may be out that money.
If yours charges at all, be happy. lol

I'd also suggest that none of us buy from vicious teknology (sic) until we see how my situation plays out.
I got quick and friendly responses from them, up until I asked that they send back my board.
Now it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from them. :/
Is that the same board that Aliexpress (sp?) sells? I have one of those but haven't tried it yet because I don't have a real charger yet.
Oct 30, 2013, 01:04 PM
Probably. I haven't seen the one on Ali.
This is the one I had.

I still haven't hard back from anyone at Vicious Teknology, so I can't recommend using them, regardless of whether the product is any good or not.
Oct 30, 2013, 01:51 PM
http://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=paraboard

They look the same to me on my phone anyway. I have 5 brand new batts I've been saving for when I get a real charger to use with this. Darn.
Oct 30, 2013, 02:13 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
None taken, I just wanted to clarify to Suke001 that you were answering his question. Considering the language barrier, he might need it.
Definitely babelfish or google translate .. or Bing ..

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Oct 30, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMcc View Post
http://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=paraboard

They look the same to me on my phone anyway. I have 5 brand new batts I've been saving for when I get a real charger to use with this. Darn.
Yeah, that does appear to be the same board.
Yours may be fine. It could be my charger or power supply.
I haven't given up yet, I just wish the guys at VT would get back to me.
Oct 31, 2013, 04:20 AM
Outstanding in my (Hay) Field

Batteries, Canopies, Lights, Soldering & Onboard Video

Hi V911 Fans,
Batteries,
I've only flown my V911 fleet (now, after about a month or so, with 70+ flights total. 34 on the V912, all with NO problems-that "I" didn't create) on a 5 pk of 200mah batteries I bought (about $15) from an eBay seller (cenn2010). One battery was DOA, and one had what seemed like a loose connection at the plug. The seller did a partial refund that was acceptable.

I then bought a 3 pk of 200mah VICIOUS batteries ($13.99 & Free S/H). One of those was also DOA (3 different heli's flew only 2 min, after 3 different cool down/recharge cycles).
eBay Seller "1laker_fan" said he's send a replacement. Also acceptable.

I've just bought (but am still waiting for) a 5 pk of 150mah, in hopes of similar 6 min flight times, but being smaller and lighter, maybe a bit better flight response.
Either way, I'll have a dozen batteries for the ever growing V911 fleet.

Here is the latest family photo (with my newly painted 60's era tribute, Competition Orange & Flames, Hot Rod V912 Canopy), but missing the V911 Pro (coming from Banggood, I hate the wait) in a week or so.
Canopies;
As an FYI; The Red & White Canopy & the Black & Silver Canopy are the same canopy & graphics as the Yellow/Y911 and fit the V911 "almost" perfectly.

That allows for a cool and different looking V911 fleet. I got the canopies (R&W @ $3.18 & Free S/H. Blk&Silver was the canopy & Extra Rotor Blades for $8.75 & Free S/H) from eBay seller "cenn2010", who I've bought from before and who does a very good job. Decently quick shipping too.

Has anyone seen just the Canopy for the H911 available anywhere? The heli itself doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews, but the Warbird Canopy is cool. Not cool enough to buy the $24 "no electrics spares kit" though.

All my V/Y911's have;
a Delrin gear (with no noticeable pinion wear) x5, 3 have CF main shaft, and all have; a Fisheye Swash Plate (x3) a all metal SP, x1 or the "Xtreme" Solo Pro combo plastic/metal x1).
x2 have had LED's added.
All fly VERY well, with the Fisheye SP, CF Main Shaft, & Delrin gear choppers flying the best.

I wouldn't (again) spend the money on the CNC Metal Swash Plate Set, unless you just love the hi-tec look.
A forum guy previously said it added a lot of weight. I've only put the metal swash plate on the Green & Black V911, and it still flies OK, but seems to reach (with the Bob & Weeve) to wind/breeze that the others ignore. Does look real cool though, and I haven't decided if I'll swap it to a FE SP or not.

Maybe that reverse mount battery Mod would help? I'm intrigued by that. Thanks for the ingenious Mod!
I suppose I'll just have to do it and see!!

Lights;
I bought several different colored LEDS from Superbrightled.com. Reasonable prices and quick shipping.

You just have to put lights on them!!!!!
I showed my Heli Flying Buddy the V912. I plugged in the power. The 3mm Red (from a V949 that plugs into the PCB) and stock 3mm White (also plugs into the PCB) lit up, and he said; "ooooooohhh"
Then, I hit the switch, and the blinking 5mm Green/Red/Blue (soldered onto the PCB's R&B Power Leads) on the tail lit up. He said; "AAAAAAAAAaahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
hahahah
We are all still just kids at heart!!! ;-)

Soldering onto that little V911 PCB is a pain though. V912 not so bad.
I use Hot Glue/Silicone to attach the wires and bulb(s) to the chassis.

Soldering;
See those Radio Shack items. The "Tip Tinner and Cleaner" (pricey at about $10, but a lifetime's worth) and Rosin Soldering Flux (about $8, also a lifetime worth) make the soldering job easier. Especially the tip cleaner. I race 1/24 slot cars, and it keeps my Weller 60w iron tip perfect.

I hope to put that micro toggle switch ($3.49 + Tx) in the V912 transmitter soon.

Onboard Vodeo;
That little Green & Black "Car" is actually a Hot Wheels Video Camera. I bet it's fun to watch videos of it on a Hot Wheels track! VERY bright indoor lighting is needed though. Sound is pretty poor.
I bought it for under $20 (Amazon or eBay, I can't remember). It comes in a case, but I tried it the other day with only the car/camera you see, while holding it and filming the V912.
Video was poorly done by me, but the camera was decent enough, that I simply used packing tape to secure it under the V912.
During a bright, partly cloudy day, it gave up a perfectly acceptable 6 1/2 min video of it's flight. Not worthy enough for youtube (plus, I'm not keen on that old fat Hermit, who was standing there holding something. He's just got to go!!!), but I'm encouraged enough to go to the parking lot next door for a larger area and more height to fly in.
Film at 11!!!!!
I was going to take it apart, down to just the camera, to save some weight, but as it is, it didn't effect the flight time or heli's response, and it comes with odd triangle head type screws, Does anyone know what this type of fastener is called and where to find the screwdriver (set) that will fit?

OK, Good luck to all.
cheers
Boots Flying Air Circus, Over & Out
Oct 31, 2013, 11:39 AM
Can i fly this little bird with hitec aurora9x? Maybe with SLT mode or any-link?
My v911 battery is still on the way, so i can't try it.
Oct 31, 2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Mike View Post
Yeah, that does appear to be the same board.
Yours may be fine. It could be my charger or power supply.
I haven't given up yet, I just wish the guys at VT would get back to me.
What charger do you have? I'm thinking about getting an iCharger 106B+
Oct 31, 2013, 12:50 PM
i prefer the standard battery's , the 200 mahr ones i have are not made that well and the connector is not on them straight , this means the balance changes for each battery and the trim needs adjusting also i don't get a significantly longer flight time to justify the fuss.
Oct 31, 2013, 09:30 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
The battery charger I'm using is the Thunder AC6 that E2 recommended on here. It comes complete with cord and all of the plugs you need. The display is bright and very easy to use. It charges my 1000mah in 1 hour. It's a tad bit more expensive than others in its class but I think there's a reason for that. The reviews I read before I bought it is a lot more positive than others. You can probably find it cheaper somewhere else if you search.
http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Balanc...alance+charger

Quick Reply