Feb 26, 2013, 04:40 PM
Flew for the second time today and wow how responsive going to practice more. Flying in a huge open room.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 05:49 PM
AMA 685483
Paddels are sweet! Much faster and more control. new heavy duty tail motor and solid straight flights , still no trim.
Hover ,hands off. amazing little chopper .
Feb 26, 2013, 06:24 PM
Never trade Luck for Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor
I wish Hero RC would sell replacement "shark" bodies. It's so cool-looking I hate to damage it and it has sustained a few scrapes...nothing major...yet....
I'm doubtful they'll offer spare canopies anytime soon, they'd be swamped with orders from so many current v911 owners, and wouldn't sell as many of "their" h911 variant that way. You wanna fly the sharkteeth, you gotta buy their bird.

They've set themselves above the sea of clones with a marketing gimmick, but it works! They sell the same basic thing everyone else does, but it just *looks* so coooooool you have to have one!

I've managed to scuff mine up a little as well over countless flights but surprisingly no broken parts... yet... though to an outside observer it might have appeared I was trying to break something...

I'm hoping to see a half-ish priced BNF h911 though, I'd snap up a handful to have on hand, I have too many toy transmitters gathering dust as it is

Dusty
Feb 26, 2013, 07:04 PM
im having a problem with fff. It's slow when I hold the forward cyclic it moves slow and sometimes doesn't go forward but back cyclic works perfect it's fast backwards and the swash is level hovers hands off no problem.
Feb 26, 2013, 07:53 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
im having a problem with fff. It's slow when I hold the forward cyclic it moves slow and sometimes doesn't go forward but back cyclic works perfect it's fast backwards and the swash is level hovers hands off no problem.
If you hold the heli in hand and move the cyclic around and the heli does what you think it should, then the problem is probably over expectation on your part. It's not unusual to have a heli that goes faster backwards than forward. Try not holding the cyclic too long, and try to build up speed gently, maybe that'll help.
Feb 26, 2013, 08:01 PM
Yea I read around and your correct because of the flybar it's common for slow fff
Feb 26, 2013, 08:07 PM

What is THIS?

I bought this heli for a friend. says its v911 but definately a little different battery and holder. Seems to fly well but wondering how i'll find parts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150996667116
Feb 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrfred333 View Post
I bought this heli for a friend. says its v911 but definately a little different battery and holder. Seems to fly well but wondering how i'll find parts.
http://www.yousky7.com
Feb 26, 2013, 08:42 PM
First time poster here. Thanks to this forum I found out about the Double Horse 9116 transmitter as an alternative to the stock radio. Really, I don't need this as I wasn't dissatisfied with the stock radio but heck, it was $12 from HobbyPartz
http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html

It works well once some settings are changed BUT be warned, mine required some fixes out of the box. The radio had a few scratches/marks on it so these might be B-stock rather than new. It's also possible that this is what you get for $12. For someone who was into RC in the 80s $12 for a 4 channel radio is crazy!

Anyway, out of the box the aileron control did not work. To fix it I had to remove the 8 screws holding the back on and resolder one of the wires going to the pot. I found a second wire on another pot that was also all but failed. Easy soldering jobs but still that means the radio was effectively DOA if you can't solder.

I also noticed that the right hand stick was not screwed into the chassis correctly. This was a bit more effort to fix as you have to remove the 4 screws on the front of the radio, the center circuit board (thank you for using connectors!) and the two little boards that hold the lateral trim buttons. Once that was done you can tighten the screws that hold the stick in place. Ah... that's much better.

Finally, I had to change the direction of the rudder and change the slow rate controls to something more reasonable. I don't mind fast rates on the collective but the factory rudder rates are too fast at full speed. This radio lets me correct that.

So overall it took me perhaps 30 minutes to fix the out of the box problems with the radio. I'm posting this because I found an earlier post where someone asked about a control that didn't work. Anyway, hopefully this will help someone in the future.
Last edited by meanscreen; Feb 26, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Feb 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
Got my 9116 controller today. Setup according to thread dealing with that.

Rudder control inoperative, both on copter as well as the lcd.... nothing. Throttle is fine.

Is it dumpster bait?

really bummed
Can you solder? I had to pull the 8 screws from the back of my radio and fix a few cold solder joints. Not at all hard if you are OK with soldering.

BTW, with my radio the aileron trim worked but the sick didn't show anything in the LCD.
Feb 26, 2013, 09:34 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrfred333 View Post
I was considering getting one of these exactly for this reason - figuring out which parts are identical ... (and which is probably everything except battery and holder, but of course this is only a guess as long as I havent seen an "original"
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Feb 26, 2013, 09:58 PM
Looks like a much heavier battery is used...Whats it look like under the canopy?
The tail motor seems to have a rubber cover on it and the radio looks to have
40%-60%-80% and 100% rates..Different name though from the WL radio listed
on banggood...The Benma helios 100 looks to be the same skid and battery.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...2-p-63784.html
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Feb 26, 2013, 09:59 PM
Does the transmitter that I got with my v911 from banggood work with any other helicopters? TIA.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zires View Post
Does the transmitter that I got with my v911 from banggood work with any other helicopters? TIA.

I think they can bind to another brand or two but mostly WL toys and thier quads.
It wont bind to the V202 quad though...for some reason they changed protocol on that model.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:30 PM
Well just saw my order is at least in the USA...its in new jersey...Still not telling how long in customs or when its coming to my door.

Quick Reply