Jan 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69
Has any body weighed there v911 Rx? I don't have a digital scale. The reason I want to know is that the Bravo SX I built up using a v911 Rx only gets 3:30 to 4:30 min of flight time before it needs more than 80% throttle to hover using the same lipos I use on my stock Bravo SX and get 5+ min.
Don't know about the Rx board only, but the whole V911 without a battery installed only weighs 27.9 grams. The battery itself weighs 3.9 grams.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
Team Drone Art
Quote:
Has any body weighed there v911 Rx? I don't have a digital scale. The reason I want to know is that the Bravo SX I built up using a v911 Rx only gets 3:30 to 4:30 min of flight time before it needs more than 80% throttle to hover using the same lipos I use on my stock Bravo SX and get 5+ min.
Two photos. With and without linkages.

Definitely something that you can notice. Especially on an overweight bird like the Bravo SX.

Jan 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Two photos. With and without linkages.

Definitely something that you can notice. Especially on an overweight bird like the Bravo SX.

Thank you Daryoon. That is exactly what I suspected. I am kinda bumed. Also I am getting some slight TBE effect combined I think with slight pendulum effect. Yaw is very fast and twitchy as well. At least I can dial in some expo to tame the yaw on the Turnigy Tx. BTW the v911 Rx was not a drop in replacement for the Bravo Rx. I had to do some trimming on the servo covers and the frame around the main motor in order for it to fit on the Bravo main frame. Trimming was also required to the body to clear the linkages going to the servo arms plus trimming and bending of the linkage arms as well.
Jan 19, 2012, 04:35 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_
for the geeks, interested and bored

see how bad the Nano Techs are. These do not come straight from Hobbyking, there are still some on the way and I am curious if they are as bad! This also confirms my feeling that the normal Turnigy 160s are slightly better than the 9958 stock, a bit more punch.

same data but less graphs. A v911 stock, the worst performing Turnigy 160 and the best performing Nano Tech 160

I prefer the Nano 130 on my Champ plane. I got the impression these perform better than the Nano 160 version.
Jan 19, 2012, 04:41 PM
Team Drone Art
The RX appear to be a drop in replacement for the Solo Pro. ok, I lied. The frame's arms are not long enough to clear the servo housing. With some mods, perhaps.

If you have TBE, you got binding going on somewhere. It should not be a result of the RX.
Jan 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
delete.
Jan 19, 2012, 05:03 PM
I finally received my V911 today, and I gotta say, everything worked like it should out of the box. I did move the links to the short balls, and it induced a little bit of tbe, I moved them back to the long balls, and everything was fine. Right now being the noob, that I am, the V911 is a lot more fun to fly than my MsrX. Right off I was doing circuits around my bedroom,(can't do that yet with the MsrX).
Jan 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:

If you have TBE, you got binding going on somewhere. It should not be a result of the RX.
I wasn't blaming the Rx for that lol. I am using all new parts for the heli that would cause TBE and everything seams to move freely so I am kinda stumped. The main gear is warped a little bit but does not bind. I guess I will have to order some specialty lubricant because all I have on hand is WD-40 and graphite powder and I don't want muck it up with these. Wait, I just remembered that I have some silicone lubricant. Would this work good?
Jan 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
Team Drone Art

Regarding TBE on the v911...

One of the difference between the Solo Pro/Bravo SX and the v911 despite using the same head/flybar design, is the pivot for the flybar. On the Nine Eagles heli, it's a pin.

On the v911, it's a screw. I think the tightness of the screw may be the cause of your TBE.

When I gave my new v911 a once over, I noticed that the flybar is free moving...but not free enough. If you guys haven't done enough modding, I don't think you guys understand how free the flybar has to move. Any binding, and it lags behind, causing TBE or more severe, causes the heli to veer off.

Given that the flybar is fixed in placed by a screw, I suspect each v911 will arrive with different tension on the flybar.

So take a moment to back off the screw just a tad. The flybar needs to teeter very, very, very, very, very freely.
Jan 19, 2012, 05:26 PM
Team Drone Art
Quote:
I wasn't blaming the Rx for that lol. I am using all new parts for the heli that would cause TBE and everything seams to move freely so I am kinda stumped. The main gear is warped a little bit but does not bind. I guess I will have to order some specialty lubricant because all I have on hand is WD-40 and graphite powder and I don't want muck it up with these. Wait, I just remembered that I have some silicone lubricant. Would this work good?
I don't know if silicone was good or bad. I think it's only bad for rubber component? Hopefully others can chime in.

It's interesting SkyFox' comment above yours. How changing position of the link on the servo arm causes TBE. So perhaps there is something above the RX and servo/links that causes your TBE. Keep us posted.
Jan 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
One of the difference between the Solo Pro/Bravo SX and the v911 despite using the same head/flybar design, is the pivot for the flybar. On the Nine Eagles heli, it's a pin.

On the v911, it's a screw. I think the tightness of the screw may be the cause of your TBE.

When I gave my new v911 a once over, I noticed that the flybar is free moving...but not free enough. If you guys haven't done enough modding, I don't think you guys understand how free the flybar has to move. Any binding, and it lags behind, causing TBE or more severe, causes the heli to veer off.

Given that the flybar is fixed in placed by a screw, I suspect each v911 will arrive with different tension on the flybar.

So take a moment to back off the screw just a tad. The flybar needs to teeter very, very, very, very, very freely.
Mine was free and when I recieved it, and I made sure there was plenty of play when I put it back together. Unfortunately when you leave the screw loose enough to provide plenty of movement, there's alot of slop. I'm going to see if I can get some thin plastic or metal washers to take out the slop.

I put the servo links back on the outer holes after I took her outside.......almost lost her over my two-story roof as she couldn't fight the wind. I'm glad the wind wasn't blowing towards our lake out back
Jan 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
Québec!
its been a month i have the v911. Nothing has broke yet but the swash plate keep seperating for nothing so i decided to use my solopro spare as replacement. When i was there i replaced the whole thing (swash, head, flybar, blades) with the SP parts. It just flies the same (indoor). I like it better than my solopro but dont know how its like outdoor FFF
Jan 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:

So does a slow reacting flybar effectively increase the lag angle? Say from 45 deg to 50 deg? It's amazing the depth of physics and engineering that goes into these $50 'toys'.
Jan 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
Québec!
my experience told me that xtreme upgrades dont worth it. Maybe the skids for durability. IMHO
Jan 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
My v911 arrived today from BangGood:

Code:
Shipment Activity        Location                               Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered                CHICAGO IL 60647                       01/19/12  2:14pm

Arrival at Unit          CHICAGO IL 60647                       01/18/12  6:44am

Depart USPS Sort         BETHPAGE NY 11714                      01/14/12
Facility

Processed through USPS   BETHPAGE NY 11714                      01/13/12  6:44pm
Sort Facility

Processed Through Sort   ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)                  01/09/12  1:39am
Facility

Processed Through Sort   HONG KONG                              01/08/12  8:00am
Facility

Origin Post is
Preparing Shipment

Acceptance               HONG KONG                              01/05/12 10:23am
It is working well although I'm still getting used to 4 channel (my prior helis were 2 Syma S107G). I brought one of the metal kits from eBay and that arrived too. I'll see how it goes as is. I only have two o-rings on the canopy. Hopefully it came that way. If two fell off already I'm going to need a supply of those as they are tiny.

Quick Reply