Dec 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher
I ordered the DH 9116 tx and couldn't get it to bind with any of my v911s. Hobbypartz is shipping me another one...we'll see what happens...
I had issues at first also, I had to hold the throttle down while turning on the TX and inserting the battery at the same time, It took a few times. Make sure your trims are at 0.I read that one member had to switch mode 1 first then back to mode 2.
here is the link to the manual in-case you do not have it.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=4971241
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2012, 05:33 PM
Note to self read the post more than once before replying with a comment.Sorry JCmorgan
Dec 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955
Ordered an extra charger and 5 pack of the new style batteries from banggood three weeks ago, still no show. I was given an order number, but no tracking number. Just sent them an email to find out whats going on. Package shows as shipped but no package has come. This isn't making me feel to good about placing additional orders from them. Lets see what they say when they answer my email.
Would almost bet money that they would ask you to patiently wait.
Dec 31, 2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy
This is a pic of the "Newest" version as shipped by Toys Agency seller on Amazon.com.

Note the board is Rev 1. They sent me a very old heli with the old style and one of the batts would not take a charge.

In the pic, notice there is NO crystal to be found!
The picture is hard to see any details. The board is a newer board. Don't let the Rev 01 fool ya. You have to read the whole thing. It is a WL-4CH02R board, so it is a newer. The newer board uses a SMD crystal instead of the cylindrical one.

However, your board not working is a completely different matter.
Dec 31, 2012, 05:44 PM
Krueminator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40
Note to self read the post more than once before replying with a comment.Sorry JCmorgan
NP. Life is good.
Dec 31, 2012, 06:19 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
The picture is hard to see any details. The board is a newer board. Don't let the Rev 01 fool ya. You have to read the whole thing. It is a WL-4CH02R board, so it is a newer. The newer board uses a SMD crystal instead of the cylindrical one.

However, your board not working is a completely different matter.
see my blog.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1751255

Dec 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale
I'm looking at buying a 9116 TX.. Are double horse heli's any good? I was thinking about just buying a heli package which includes the 9116 TX but wasn't sure if double horse heli's are worth a damn..

Are any heli's packaged and sold with the 9X?
The 9116 is considered a decent fixed pitch heli, and for $70 shipped with the Tx from Amazon, it's not a bad deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Double-9116-2-...=IQWQH4UUUPULW
Dec 31, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
The 9116 is considered a decent fixed pitch heli, and for $70 shipped with the Tx from Amazon, it's not a bad deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Double-9116-2-...=IQWQH4UUUPULW
Yeah.. I figured get the 9116 Tx I want for my V911 and get a oversized V911 to boot which would handle more wind for $60. Not sure yet.

What I do know is the new 190mAh 25c batteries I just received work pretty good with my V911. I choose to test them on my first one since it seems to have the most TBE. I have at least 1 min more fly time and have a battery which I can slide back and forth depending on my flying style. sliding it all the way forward allows the V911 to haul ass. . I removed the stock plug and opened the holder up so the battery is snug.

Just weighed everything..

Stock 150 battery 4.5g
miniaviation 190's 4.8g
stock v911 32.6g
stock v911 with miniaviation batteries.. 32.7. yes only a tenth of a gram heavier.
Last edited by GiantScale; Dec 31, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Dec 31, 2012, 08:27 PM

They're all toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
After poking around the internet and thinking about it, here is my take on 'hobby grade' vs 'toy grade':

Whatever we call them, at the end of the day, even a Trex 700 is still a (expensive) 'toy'.

regards . . . g
If you're not commuting to the office in it or taking tourists for sightseeing rides, it's a toy. Varying degrees of sophistication for sure, but all still toys.
Dec 31, 2012, 09:04 PM
V911 Heli Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955
Ordered an extra charger and 5 pack of the new style batteries from banggood three weeks ago, still no show. I was given an order number, but no tracking number. Just sent them an email to find out whats going on. Package shows as shipped but no package has come. This isn't making me feel to good about placing additional orders from them. Lets see what they say when they answer my email.
Where are you located? Might have something to do with it???
Dec 31, 2012, 09:22 PM
V911 Heli Owner
My order of 5 batteries from Amazon arrived 2 days early

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAPHZVW This is for my new V911 which has the new type of battery.

The problem... they are EXACTLY the same batteries that came with the Heli in the original purchase when they are supposed to be 200mha batteries. They don't match the markings that were in the listing.

Photo of the batteries that arrived:

The listing had batteries marked like:
Dec 31, 2012, 09:23 PM
not good...what will you do?
Dec 31, 2012, 09:30 PM
While I can't definitely tell you what those marking means, as long as they didn't state the capacity, they could mean anything. They could be location, manufacturing date, etc. Also, we don't know what batteries were used to shoot the pictures they use on the product page. I am advocate that batteries be better and clearly labelled. Each battery should be marked its capacity, cell configuration, voltage, max charge rate and discharge rate. Unfortunately, there is no regulation. But since these batteries are not well labelled, you'll have to test them out the hard way.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:35 PM
flightsfancy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while flightsfancy edits it.
Dec 31, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sir Crashalot
The second line on the battery marking could be a date code, a scheme suggested by inactive member proudinfidel a while back. So "LJ20" would mean manufactured on 2012 (L), October (J), 20. The meaning of the first line is anybody's guess.

Quick Reply