Oct 11, 2014, 08:08 AM
In that case I would move up to a Park 280 sized motor, 1.7 to 2.5 gram servos and a separate receiver and 6 amp speed control.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2016, 09:26 AM
I'm trying to find the spec as far as diameter etc. for the,
Flyzone Aircore Brushless Motor in there micros , is there a list In this thread, I couldn't find much on a search for it?
Last edited by Tommedia101; Feb 11, 2016 at 06:03 PM.
Feb 13, 2016, 12:17 PM
Flyzone Aircore Brushless Motor specs:

kv = 2,181
weight ~ 11g
case diameter = 17.75mm
mounting shaft diameter = 6.50mm
prop shaft diameter = 2.00mm
prop shaft length = 3.75mm
total length = 25.05mm
wire length ~ 25mm
Feb 14, 2016, 11:05 AM
Thank you KH
Feb 23, 2016, 02:59 PM
Is there a static thrust number for the Aircore motor? It apparently handles a 21" span plane weighing around 120 grams just fine, but how big a scratch built could it handle for sport type flights?
May 06, 2016, 07:14 AM
Recently had reason to weigh the following so here they are:

Hobbyking EPS-7 Gearbox with motor - 3.8g
Just wires, no plug.
Nominal weight on HK website is 3.6g

This is the motor supplied and recommended for use with the new balsa models from Hobbyking; Copernicus, Galileo, Keplar.

Hobbyzone HBZ4930 Champ Gearbox with motor - 6.2g
includes the motor plug.
May 31, 2016, 08:17 PM

Supermicro Mi-3A 1s BL esc - bare version

Supermicro Mi-3A 1s BL esc - bare version

Listed on HK as 0.36g

Tried to weigh it on my scale (0.1g resolution) got 0.4g
Aug 28, 2016, 12:35 PM
Was looking for something like this thread, hope it is made into a "sticky". Wish list of US suppliers could be correlated with these items. Many items may not be available in US.

The micro model builders niche is a lot larger than I realized. My electric powered RC models are have grown to .40 sized but am becoming interested in converting small rubber powered free flights and micro sized DIY designs in balsa and foam.
Mar 29, 2017, 08:41 PM
Closed Account
The best thing people could do in most cases, is to put detailed info and specs in the general threads, with useful titles and searchable terms, such as "this brand xx component weighs this xxx amount". Google search works well. I immediately found the last post in this thread with a weight spec, through google. Wasn't even just here, but where he posted the same info elsewhere. Information in stickies such as "post decals here" tends to become a large collage that few would ever look through. Vendor lists become obsolete overnight, and don't seem to be maintained. Some of the fewer stickies that hold their value over time and make sense to be posted as a good central reference point (as google search also is a good central reference point) are ones such as the Guillow's sticky, with build thread links.
Sep 20, 2017, 07:20 AM
Slow Flight
I am new in micro rc , i want advice in the most economical "cheap" receiver under 4 grams that I can bind with a MLP4DSM transmitter radio.
I want to build something like the TY model 3-2 from Banggood , see linek below. The electronic cam in a kit (radio, motor/reducer, propeller, micro actuator and lipo) $18.99 , see below link.
I hope anybody can help. Thanks
https://www.banggood.com/TY-Model-3-...ft-hotproducts
https://www.banggood.com/TY-Model-3-...ft-hotproducts
Last edited by herreraa; Sep 20, 2017 at 07:32 AM. Reason: forgot to add detail of the electronic kit.
Sep 20, 2017, 08:29 AM
looking up, down under
if the blade is a spectrum (seems to be on their site), then banggood sell this :
https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-4CH-Mi...p-1072251.html

but be aware that it is dsmx only, not dsm2 protocol

there's a review i wrote here :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...c#post36260798

edit :

this link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Blade-E-F...-/172381496700
suggests it is indeed a dsmx transmitter, so that receiver should work with it happily
Sep 20, 2017, 10:38 AM
Slow Flight

When i need an ESC?

Thanks for the clarification and the review is very informative. My Blade is the same as you have in the link , i will give it a try.
Few more questions
1.Since this is my fist rc plane, can you help to understand when do i need to have a ESD connected to the receiver? Is this for brushless motors only?
2.Should the servos be DSM too in order to work, or can use any servo? or what do i need to ensure if i want to use any servo with the receiver in our replay
3.I do not have a proper radio transmitter yet. With many protocols DSM, PPM....., is there any advice about what protocol or radio band should be a better option for indoor micro planes? I was thinking in a Devo 7e that can use several protocol but require some hacking work and maybe soldering, or in the other side just get a Spectrum and just stick to DMS protocols . I hope you can comment in this question or send me some link for other threads on this subject for micro planes

Thanks Again
Sep 20, 2017, 10:57 AM

Micro Component Weight Chart - PLEASE HELP BY CONTRIBUTING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herreraa
Thanks for the clarification and the review is very informative. My Blade is the same as you have in the link , i will give it a try.
Few more questions
1.Since this is my fist rc plane, can you help to understand when do i need to have a ESD connected to the receiver? Is this for brushless motors only?
2.Should the servos be DSM too in order to work, or can use any servo? or what do i need to ensure if i want to use any servo with the receiver in our replay
3.I do not have a proper radio transmitter yet. With many protocols DSM, PPM....., is there any advice about what protocol or radio band should be a better option for indoor micro planes? I was thinking in a Devo 7e that can use several protocol but require some hacking work and maybe soldering, or in the other side just get a Spectrum and just stick to DMS protocols . I hope you can comment in this question or send me some link for other threads on this subject for micro planes

Thanks Again
Herreraa

This thread is not the proper location for your questions, it is dedicated to information about various component weight, You should have opened a new thread instead.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newt...newthread&f=85
Sep 20, 2017, 11:18 AM
Slow Flight
So sorry, i will create a new thread.
Oct 07, 2017, 10:05 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
So. Just received the 3mm "Aero-modelling Foam Board" package from hobbyking.
20pcs of 1000x500mm measured 47mm high stacked and 970grams together.
Thats 2.35mm, quite far from 3mm
Weightwise i think i remember depron to be 135gr/m2 and this is 97, so thats nice.

Compare to my only half sheet of depron it seems to be quite close in stiffness.

No scientiffic measurement done yet.
Not alot but this might be information that someone needs.

/Ulf
Last edited by methuso; Oct 07, 2017 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply