Feb 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13
One last thing to the guys who have built theirs already...did you need that small black plastic ring when installing the prop? I couldn't get my spinner to sit all the way, so I removed the ring (check pic) and everything fit fine. I am so pumped to fly this thing.
I don't recall ever seeing that plastic ring during assembly. Two days ago, I removed the spinner and prop to double check the motor mounts as per queadlunnrau's suggestion and didn't see it then either. BTW: the mounts screws were secure.

Larry
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan
I use these. They're relatively light weight. They come off the plane moderately warm which is just how you want it. I love the exceptionally high charge rate... 5C.

I line up the back-end of the pack (non-wired side) to the edge of the cowling. I marked the underside of the upper wing at 87mm from the leading edge which is between the 85-90mm recommended in the manual. I hold it up by my finger tips and It balances perfectly.

Did I mention it looks awesome just taxiing around the runway?

Larry
Perfect! That's what I had in my cart. Thanks!

From the pics the paint looks like it's thin and light. Does it seem to have a good hold on the foam or is it going to rip of with some delicate froggy tape?
Last edited by FlyWW1; Feb 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Feb 16, 2012, 11:50 AM
lkagan, just so you know, my motor pulses too at very low throttle ~5-10%. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet and see what might be causing it.
Feb 16, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
I use these. They're relatively light weight. They come off the plane moderately warm which is just how you want it. I love the exceptionally high charge rate... 5C.
I see the 2200 is about the largest people are going with. I have a bunch of 2500mAh 4S GenAce's that I love. I'm sure this plane would fly fine with them, but how much of this plane's advantages would I be missing? This plane is CHEAP if I don't have to buy yet another set of batteries for it.
Feb 16, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
lkagan, just so you know, my motor pulses too at very low throttle ~5-10%. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet and see what might be causing it.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad I'm not alone. Someone mentioned to adjust the timing from low to medium on the ESC. I haven't tried it yet. I wish I understood motor timing a bit better and how it relates to the number of poles in a motor, and what the heck a pole is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I see the 2200 is about the largest people are going with. I have a bunch of 2500mAh 4S GenAce's that I love. I'm sure this plane would fly fine with them, but how much of this plane's advantages would I be missing? This plane is CHEAP if I don't have to buy yet another set of batteries for it.
Your GensAce are 300g, my Nano-techs are 239g. The difference of 60g makes about a 5% difference in overall weight of the 1300g Peaks. I think the difference in weight would be noticeable only if you were actually trying to notice it. I'm guessing you'll have just as much fun with it as us with smaller packs. That's just my guess, I'm not a pro at this stuff.

Larry
Feb 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
erkq, honestly I think your 2500s would be fine. Sure you'll be adding a little bit of weight, but the plane has tons of power...so it should be able to overcome it just fine.
Feb 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad I'm not alone. Someone mentioned to adjust the timing from low to medium on the ESC. I haven't tried it yet. I wish I understood motor timing a bit better and how it relates to the number of poles in a motor, and what the heck a pole is.

Larry
lol...Im right there with you. The only pole I have knowledge about are the ones that the charming ladies like to dance on.
Last edited by JGuilty13; Feb 16, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Feb 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
lol...Im right there with you. The only pole I have knowledge about are the ones that the charming ladies like to dance on.
What about the charming ladies themselves? You know... those Pols... Eastern European women can be mighty... um... mighty.

In all seriousness, thank you lkagan and Jguilty, for the battery feedback. Now it's OOS, of course, so I still won't have to endure the wrath of my wife. Actually... she's pretty cool with my hobby.
Feb 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
What's happening?
with the gyro installed, the stock rudder servo is jittering like crazy when sitting still, with the spartan quark u gotta setup the digital/analog, pulse and hz right or you can fry the servo, i could guess the settings and get it to work, but ordered other servos that i know the settings for.

Unplugged the gyro for now, ordered some fast 17g .06sec 49oz servos that i know will work great, plus it doesn't hurt to have a faster rudder and elevator servo.

to help make up for the weight of the gyro, i took out the stock pilot, he was 26g!!! put in a 7g pilot instead.
Feb 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
quead, was your elevator control rod too long? The four that came with mine were all the same length.
Feb 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
Add Lightness
anyone adding the "wires" to the main wing?
Feb 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Which wires are you referring to?
Feb 16, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNadMan
anyone adding the "wires" to the main wing?
I'm going to for sure! Probably just use carbon fiber like the Beast.
Feb 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
I was definitely not meant to fly this thing today. I rushed out of work to get to the field. When I got there, I noticed I left my lipos back at the office, 30 minutes away. I went back to the office to get them. I was going to take the chance of flying at a smaller field near my office. When I got there and started to take the Peaks out of the car, I realized two more of the tail feather stabilizer rod mounts had come off and one more was loose. This is a clear problem at this point. I strongly suggest everyone reinforce those mounts.

Larry
Feb 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
quead, was your elevator control rod too long? The four that came with mine were all the same length.
Mine were all the same length as well, I had to adjust all of them since I like to center my servos.

Quick Reply