Oct 01, 2012, 08:09 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth
Still waiting for my batteries to arrive.
Tinted the canopy and glued it back on this evening.
Silly question (just curious since I'm too lazy to a actually do it). What do you use to tint the canopy and what glue do you use to put it back on with. Looks nice!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
That will be my last tweak.
Looks GREAT !
I'd say it would be awful to have done all that and then not like flying it but that won't happen. It's hard not to like it. Enjoy it.
Oct 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Team Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7
Silly question (just curious since I'm too lazy to a actually do it). What do you use to tint the canopy and what glue do you use to put it back on with. Looks nice!
I just fogged it from a good distance with some Krylon black paint.
Masked off the yellow painted areas first and glued it back on with a thin film of the kit glue.

Quote:
I'd say it would be awful to have done all that and then not like flying it but that won't happen. It's hard not to like it. Enjoy it.
Oh.... I'm going CRAZY !
I have always been a HUGE fan of Biplanes and I am rally chompin at the bit !
Flew my little micro Beast the other night for a fix, but I know this one will be MUCH better !
Oct 01, 2012, 08:42 PM
Team Broke
This was one of my favorites.
I created this from 2 Fliton "Jumping Jack" planes.
May she rest in pieces...
Jumpin' Jim Bipe (7 min 39 sec)
Oct 02, 2012, 06:16 AM
V nice! Was that you flying? At beginning sounded like someone else was flying it for first time. Also was that one flight? 7+mins or a compilation? Lastly, what happened to it? Looked like a real keeper!

I just retread the first frame re: pilot! I was thinking that that pilot knows what a pop top is! I was waiting for one, he did just about everything else.
Last edited by dth7; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
Oct 02, 2012, 09:09 AM
Team Broke
Quote:
V nice! Was that you flying? At beginning sounded like someone else was flying it for first time. Also was that one flight? 7+mins or a compilation? Lastly, what happened to it? Looked like a real keeper!

I just retread the first frame re: pilot! I was thinking that that pilot knows what a pop top is! I was waiting for one, he did just about everything else.
SSheesh... I WISH that was me flying !
He was at the time a Futaba sponsored pilot.
That original video was over 8 minutes.
I planted her one afternoon when an elevator servo failed... gravity sucks.
A lot of my friends at that time believe that my design was copied and marketed by Fliton.
They shortly after came out with their "Rogue" biplane which was strangely similar....?
Oct 02, 2012, 11:10 PM
Need help..what am I doing wrong....right when I throttle up, in the very beginning, the engine only semi engages...I keep throttling up and absolutely no problem. It happened a time while flying too. I only have 5 flights on the plane...
Oct 02, 2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino
Need help..what am I doing wrong....right when I throttle up, in the very beginning, the engine only semi engages...I keep throttling up and absolutely no problem. It happened a time while flying too. I only have 5 flights on the plane...
Try calibrating your throttle. Have the transmitter on and at full throttle. Connect your battery to your plane, and after a couple of beeps, lower the throttle to zero. You should get the regular startup tones after that, and your throttle will be calibrated.
Oct 02, 2012, 11:55 PM
Wow! Thanks Jboy I'll give that a try. Thanks for the quick reply
Oct 03, 2012, 12:51 AM
Sounds like it could be the ESC timing.....
Oct 03, 2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277
Try calibrating your throttle. Have the transmitter on and at full throttle. Connect your battery to your plane, and after a couple of beeps, lower the throttle to zero. You should get the regular startup tones after that, and your throttle will be calibrated.
Had similar issue on an other plane and it was due to not doing a throttle cali. As a matter of fact it was Dynam ESC.
Oct 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Team Broke
Battery packs are HERE !!!
After work, I gotta solder Deans plugs on and then cycle a coupe times.
Oct 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Are you sure you don't feel a cold coming on? **cough cough** may need to leave work early.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:30 AM
Team Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus
Are you sure you don't feel a cold coming on? **cough cough** may need to leave work early.
Yea... especially since I work at home.
We run an upholstery business from our garage.
TOO busy to play hooky tho, gotta make that airplane money !
Oct 03, 2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Battery packs are HERE !!!
After work, I gotta solder Deans plugs on and then cycle a coupe times.
What brand/size and rating did you order?
need a few for mine. Does the CG come out close with these packs?

Tim

Quick Reply