Nov 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
Build Log

1/4 scale pitts

ok here goes laddles and jellybeans!

the Mrs got me these plans and a gift card ta tower hobbies about 8 or yrs ago!

well boredom and lack of finnances have me looking for something ta do!

although I'm working on getting away from large aircraft, I.E. EDF jets, and 450 or smaller electric heli's, it is time, I still love the look of a pitts blowing smoke in a tail slide! and most other moves

so I dusted off the box of wood I had stuffed on a shelf and got some trace papper and started tracing parts! scotch restickable glue stick is invaluable

so heres what it looks like so far! oh and BTW she's gonna have a 60"ws and I'm still looking at engines, was thinkng about the RCG 26cc from HK(calls for a .90 2c) really wanna go gas!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2011, 09:53 AM
O BOY, lets do this build. what plans are you using?
Nov 29, 2011, 06:52 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
they are mark sarianni plans from rc modeler! bought about 8 or so yrs back!

the trick is gonna be ta find alternate parts as most carl goldberg parts arn't availible anymore! I.E the cabane struts and wheel pants from the 10-300 ultimate bipe and the sig canopy!

prob gonna hafta make my own cabane struts outa say 1/16th in aluminume sheet are close ta that!
Nov 30, 2011, 01:47 PM
Can fiberglass specailties help on some of those parts.
Nov 30, 2011, 02:39 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
I think he has a set of wheel pants that will work! thanks for reminding me of that! I heard his stuff is realy nice!

I had talked ta the owner awhile back, asking about a cowl, with no luck on that.
Dec 02, 2011, 11:26 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
looking more like a pitts!

got the turtledeck done and the lower stringers!

got the rudder ruffed in and hinged! and vertical fin pinned with 1/4" dowles throught the horizontal stab!

upon further review, it looks like I'll be going with the zenoah 20 EI! as I only have 4 3/4" from firewall ta frontside of the nose piece!

have the cowl cheeks stretching so the'll be easier ta glue later!
Dec 05, 2011, 03:42 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
progress been slow but consistant!

got her on her feet and cabane struts built!
Dec 05, 2011, 05:51 PM
Looking very nice!
Dec 08, 2011, 08:38 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
now that I have 1 down, I sure hope the other three will go easier!

P.s. my RCG B-DAY was the 3rd cake and icecream for everyone!
Last edited by whiskykid; Dec 08, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Dec 09, 2011, 05:41 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
although not gonna be an excact replica, I think I've found a color scheme I like!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/9469550-md.jpg
Dec 11, 2011, 02:06 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
well feeling more creative then constructive , I decided ta join the elevators, and cover the rudder and elevators!

used some WBP for sanding sealer! worked great
Dec 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
ok got some work done on the pitts!

got the tail feathers ready ta epoxy together, got what I will call the servo wells done(1 on each side for rudder and elevator!)

just got my pilot and canopy today, canopy gonna need some more trimmin, and the pilot looks killer!

still waiting for santa ta bring me an engine, so been splittin time with an old arf I had, doing some mods and repairs on it!

probly gonna solder the main gear next, and finnish them up! or more wings, or! oh thats right going spanaway morrow!
Dec 21, 2011, 07:56 PM
team sleprock
Thread OP
well havn't been completely slackin!

spent the other day cutting the rest of the wing ribs, then working on the other 1/2 of the lower wing!

thanks for checking out my build, and seasons greatings all!

Quick Reply