This thread is privately moderated by GiusedtoBe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Completed FMS BoB Spit

Finally finished my Spit makeover and got a few in flights. Tally Ho!

Regards,
Alan
Last edited by GiusedtoBe; Dec 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2011, 02:11 PM
Love Flying History
Awsome job, looks great
Dec 01, 2011, 01:57 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Very nice indeed !

RF
Dec 03, 2011, 08:08 AM
Outstanding job on the spit. Even a better on Goofey. Almost didn't recognize him !!!

Woody
Dec 03, 2011, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the compliments guys. Now if only I could get it to fly the way I want it to! I usually get them flying the way I want before making them look better but i put the cart ahead of the horse on this one. Doing the same thing with the old FMS Bf-109 E right now.

I think I like tinkering with them as much as flying them.
Feb 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your FMS Spitfire!

Bruce
Feb 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruce
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your FMS Spitfire!

Bruce
Thanks. Now that I've got it re-powered with a turnigy 4250 it will really move out. Now landings for me are always tricky with this plane but it is amazingly durable.

Regards,
Alan
Feb 19, 2012, 04:33 AM
Captain Coolite
Great job Alan, heaps better than the stock paint job.

For my weathering ( based on your question on the Zero thread) I use a black chinograph pencil. I believe you call it a grease pencil in the US.
I simply draw in the panel lines, then rub a finger along the line to smear it then drag my finger in the direction or the airflow to create the weathering.

I'm of the belief that the panel lines need to be a little over done so that they look good in the air.

There is nothing wrong with how you are doing yours, they are every bit as good as mine if not better.

Once again, great job on the Spitty.
Regards
Rob
Feb 20, 2012, 12:41 AM
Thread OP
Rob thanks for the compliments. I was really pleased with how the Spit turned out being my first attempt at weathering. I actually use the sludge from an old acrylic thinner bottle painted lightly down the panel line and then wiped off with toilet paper in the direction of airflow. Works well for toning the overall color down too. The problem is I am nearly out of sludge and need to try another method.

Make sure and check out the photos of the Bf-109 E on that thread.

Regards,
Alan

Quick Reply