Sep 27, 2003, 02:44 PM
Thread OP

Steven's e-spresso set-up questions

Just got my e-spresso kit and started puting it together. Great kit ... goes together very fast and straight. I am going to use the 2s Ko HO340s. Looks like it will be tight but should be OK. I have a couple of questions:

1. Where are people putting the CG?

2. What throws are used? I am going to put the sport dual ailerons and elevator.

Here's the build so far. 17g for the frame almost finished ... hoping to keep the AUW to 3.5oz.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2003, 04:23 PM
Hi

I never even checked my CG..sorry. I just put the ESC and the RX in the area in front of the wing. I use an Etec 2s 250 pack right behind the fron former directly above the leading edge of the wing. It flies perfect and last about 9-10 mins

Mike
Sep 27, 2003, 07:50 PM
BEC
BEC
Uh-oh, Trevor - are you contemplating pylon races inside the big hangar?

Drop Bill a note and ask about throws and balance. I'm surprised he doesn't have that info in his documentation, but I've not yet succumbed to any of his kits (though the e'spresso is on my short list).

[opens another window on Safari]

Just looked on his site. The instructions are there (you're not one of those who doesn't ever look at 'em are you, Trevor ?)

Balance (inverted) 1/8 inch forward of main spar. Elevator throw +/- 1/8 inch, ailerons the same, rudder +/- 1/2 inch.
Sep 27, 2003, 10:40 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
BEC, Instrux were a bit of an afterthought (super simple build)Initially the kits were shipping setup for a single aileron and no written instrux - just a plan sheet. I ended up waking up from that dream and have included written instrux, and extra fidly bits for the second aileron.

If you got an early kit e-mail me off list (don't PM me -it is typically full) and I'll pop the extra hw in an envelope.

-Bill
Sep 27, 2003, 10:59 PM
Thread OP
Bernard - Wow! I must have looked at the e-spresso page a dozen times before I bought the kit but I never saw the manual link. Based on Bill's post maybe it just went up recently so I'm not completely out to lunch. Anyway thanks for finding it. I definitely think pylon races at Barn Owls would be a blast ... others are thinking about getting one as well. Let me know if you get one.

Now that I've almost finished the assembly, I can read the instructions ... should be interesting. The instructions weren't in my kit. It was a very easy build though and very intuitive. I don't think there'll be any surprises.

Thanks Bill for a great kit.
Sep 28, 2003, 07:05 PM
BEC
BEC
Sorry, Trevor . Glad you got the info you needed.

Yes, I'm thinking of getting one.... I need to clear some writing backlog before I get any more kits, but that one, the Dystraction and the RV-4 are all on my "I really would like to have one of those" list.
Sep 28, 2003, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
I agree with you plane list ... I'd also add the Park Cap 232, the 40A Cap 232, the Groove ... phew!

Anyway, here a shot tonight of the covering I've done so far. More inspiration for you.

Quick Reply