Feb 28, 2012, 04:37 PM
Me Toby You?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC
We'll I opened up another door for possibilties this afternoon. A local track owner called me and invited me out. He has a slab / area he would like to donate to us for kart racing here in the TN / Nashville area. Not really alot to show in the pictures but this is what it is. Down falls? There's a hard clay oval right on the other side of the onroad track which means what? Tons of upkeep and dust. Positive? I really liked what the guys track was about, kids, fun, and helping others. Lastly there's not much prep required to get the first TN kart race going. Night time races could be held since overhead lighting. We'll see what happens from here.

Robert

I take it he has outdoor only? What size is the slab is it. Reason I ask it looks small in the pixs bro.

Toby
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
Team Edge
Thread OP
He only owns this outdoor facility. He's looking to do bigger things with his track but......I'm just not sure. They're very off road which were not. It does hold ops for me up here and as said, I really like what his track is all about. Theres another indoor onroad track more along the lines like Lead, Pauly and you are use to on the RC racing circuits. Very high comp style indoor track with drivers of the same as well. I don't have issues going in that direction. very competive and pro or semi pro knowledge, but those unlike you guys, always try to make the kart more than what it is. It ends up being a dollar issue of who can buy the best of what ever. Most of the newbies who lack rc knowledge are scared off as they can't keep up with what Joe Pro across the table is doing because he has all the new highdollar gadgets and many newbies wallets are shallow. Just not sure if I want to go that route up here ya know?

Robert
Feb 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
EatenDirt
It all sounds good what about dirt and foot traffic?

Eatendirt
Feb 28, 2012, 09:09 PM
Team Edge
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatenDirt
It all sounds good what about dirt and foot traffic?

Eatendirt

My thoughts exactly but theres tons of positives. Heres a better view of the possible track. Its looks very small but its not. I walked it off, its 100 x 50, or 100x 60 if you go up to the bottom posts of the driver stand.

RC Track? (0 min 29 sec)

Robert
Feb 28, 2012, 10:12 PM
The driver stand look sturdy. Is it a two way stand meaning one side for the oval and the other for our onroad track?

Trek
Feb 29, 2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC
My thoughts exactly but theres tons of positives. Heres a better view of the possible track. Its looks very small but its not. I walked it off, its 100 x 50, or 100x 60 if you go up to the bottom posts of the driver stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ItK...feature=colike

Robert

I must admit I'm with Toby on this one. Its does seem a tad small.

Ceri
Feb 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
DoubleTrouble
Ceri you still on?

Double Trouble
Feb 29, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble
Ceri you still on?

Double Trouble

I am now but not for long. J and I are heading out the door for a sandwich. YUMO.

Ceri
Feb 29, 2012, 08:42 PM
1fastrckart
Judging by the look I do it. What about the track location? Is it in a decent area? We all heard how bad locations played out in IL with the cash race. Can we say Ghetto?

FastKart
Feb 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
Team Edge
Thread OP
Its not bad but they need to be somewhere they can run nitro as well. We all know where theres nitro theres noise. This is what makes electric so nice. It doesn't bother the neighbors nor those who live around the lot your racing on. I plan to call the guy after I visit the other place. I'm doing that early next week before I make a decission. As for the cash race last year? I consider that a lesson learned. It was the perfect warehouse but when we stretched into the night time hours? Who to know it was a bad area for certain dealings let say LOL.

Robert
Mar 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Be sure to stop by RC Thunder and check it out. Thunders indoor which gives you the option of doing something outside when ever you want. Free practice days for instance.
Mar 02, 2012, 10:19 AM
Me Toby You?
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.ODell
Be sure to stop by RC Thunder and check it out. Thunders indoor which gives you the option of doing something outside when ever you want. Free practice days for instance.
The onroad track they have is super nice. Kinda cool factor with them having the online camera to watch races. Personally I hope Robert listens to what they have to offer. It is indoors to.

Toby
Mar 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Me Toby You?
Forgot they also have a webpage if you need it email me.

Toby
Mar 02, 2012, 06:14 PM
How you guys doing up there in Nashville Robert.

Ceri
Mar 02, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'm Ok. Haven't heard anything from Robert today. We did have bad weather roll in. Nothing like KY or MO had over the past couple of days.

Trek

Quick Reply