Nov 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Cool

Firefly - Serenity - Build Pictures!! Maiden Flight Video!! And Plans!

Always loved this show... and the ship is pretty cool too.

40" Long - 25" Span

Same 2408-21 motor i use on all my designs.

Enjoy.

Plans Posted!
Last edited by SGTalon; Sep 16, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
Too much to do not enough time
I LOVE FIREFLY!!!! Very nice model! I'm tempted to build one.... It would be cool to throw a motor on each engine pod and have the pods on a servo. you could have some real fun with that.... not to mention an engineering nightmare. I have this thread bookmarked.
Nov 23, 2011, 07:02 PM
SG, this is just too cool. Are there any plans in the offing. i sure would like to put one of these together! A great and terribly under-rated show and a really well thought out spaceship design.
Nov 23, 2011, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
There will definitely be plans for the Firefly. After i build one and get a test flight in. Could be a while though. I have a few other designs that might need to get built before.

I forgot a few very important parts of the ship though!!! Here are a few new pics.
Nov 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
Thread OP
Firefly Marathon on Science Channel right now!!

I might have to start building now...
Nov 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
It's all "shiney," SGT. Good luck with the build and I will be first in line to start cutting foam!
Nov 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
Too much to do not enough time
VERY nice... please post pics if/when you start building! "If your hand touches depron and no pics, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
Nov 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
I don't build with depron so no worry there.

I have to say that i loved watching the Firefly Marathon yesterday. Very sad that i missed the series when it was actually on. Hilarious and awesome. Last one that was on was when Jayne was a hero of the mud people. Funny!
Dec 02, 2011, 12:57 AM
Okay Dennis, you say you have other things to get done first, but I vote you move this one up in priority. It sounds like a few of us are very interested in this one.

Such a great show, I NEED one of these.

Gary
Dec 02, 2011, 08:49 AM
Thread OP
No way i can get to it before Christmas. Too much to do with the holiday coming up and my projects i am working on for my real job. But maybe after...

I still really want to do the Buck Rogers Starfighter and the Tron Lightship.... So many designs, so little time..
Dec 02, 2011, 02:52 PM
Alright, I can understand the time crunch with the holidays and all. And the other designs are intriguing too.

I'll just have to be patient, I guess.

Gary
Dec 02, 2011, 04:02 PM
space1

edf firefly

mabey 3 edf's
Dec 02, 2011, 07:49 PM
skumgummi dave
SGTalon:

Don't forget the SA-43 Hammerhead...

Dave-
Dec 02, 2011, 08:58 PM
Yes a Hammer head would be nice, AFTER Serenity!
Dec 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
The world in foam & tissue
I'm officially a new Firefly fan! Finished all 14 episodes and the movie this week! Can't wait for the plans! Gonna make mine "shiney"!

Quick Reply