Flying in Chico, CA - Page 2 - RC Groups
Mar 12, 2015, 12:19 PM
Beastcopter Pilot
Yeah... not really into driving 45 minutes each way, and wasting 1:30 of my weekend days just on the road. Maybe we can do what I did in Rohnert Park... get a school to give us permission to use their track as a runway on weekends.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2015, 08:40 PM
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
I know the thread's been pretty inactive but i'm always looking for other guys to FPV with around Butte County! I fly quads and planes of all shapes and sizes, flying all over Chico's outskirts. My priorities include having lots of fun but at the same time, flying smart, flying safe and staying "under the radar" so to speak (considering all the bad press this part of the hobby has gotten lately). Have enjoyed many incredible years of FPV all over the NorCal area and really hope to keep it up well into the future. Always keen on meeting other locals with similar interests or other RC guys who would like to learn!
Aug 12, 2015, 06:14 PM
Hello. I'm in Chico. Wondering if anyone local can give me tips on doing my own plane covering?
Last edited by 6stringslider; Aug 12, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
Aug 18, 2015, 12:19 PM
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6stringslider
Hello. I'm in Chico. Wondering if anyone local can give me tips on doing my own plane covering?
If you are talking about laminating a foam plane then I can help but if you are trying to put Monokote on a balsa plane then it's not something that I've not yet messed with.
Aug 18, 2015, 12:47 PM
Ive repaired plenty of monokote covered planes, but not done a complete cover job.

My best suggestion is get a good quality adjustable Iron and trim iron. And use quality coverings. THe cheap chinese stuff may cover OK the first time, but is nearl
y unrepairable
Aug 18, 2015, 01:38 PM
Yes, I would be doing a brand new balsa plane. Sounds like quite the job for a beginner..