Jan 16, 2016, 08:38 AM
above us only sky
Hi Drra. Welcome to RC Groups and the Icon A5!

I don't know where you are, but this model of the Icon (not guanli) is still available through Hobbyking. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
It has been very well sorted out in this thread, and you should find all you need to know right here by search or by a read through.
Good luck!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2016, 05:17 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield View Post
Hi Drra. Welcome to RC Groups and the Icon A5!

I don't know where you are, but this model of the Icon (not guanli) is still available through Hobbyking. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
It has been very well sorted out in this thread, and you should find all you need to know right here by search or by a read through.
Good luck!
Apparently at the Russian warehouse, only.......
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Jan 17, 2016, 05:20 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drra View Post
I just found this.

Anybody has done this modification? would be grate to see more in deep info about it
I simply twisted in a bit of washout by hand. Greatly reduced the tendency to drop a wing in slow flight and turns.

Worth making sure than any sharp leading edge mold line is removed from the wing. This sharp mold line induces stall/airflow separation sooner than a smooth leading edge.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Jan 18, 2016, 08:56 AM
above us only sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Apparently at the Russian warehouse, only.......
I didn't say it was readily available at a hobby shop near you. Only that it is available.

OP might well live in Moscow.

Getting rid of the mold line on the leading edge has worked very well with the PZ Icon. I wrap that edge with packing tape. Helps with dings too.
Nov 07, 2018, 01:39 PM

1090mm Icon

I seem to be a few years late to the party,.. I just put one together from replacement parts. I have no manual, Can anyone provide control surface movements,???
All I've found in the posts is "all you can get".
Thanx
"out of power, altitude & ideas"
Nov 07, 2018, 10:38 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
I wouldn't worry too much about control surface deflection amount. Just setup dual rates of 100% and 75% on all surfaces and use 75% for first flight. The main issue I found was not enough power with the stock motor to take off from water. I had to put a more powerful motor to get the plane to get up on 'step' . With the stock motor more often than not the nose of the plane would start to duck down into the water.

Quick Reply