Nov 18, 2011, 08:57 AM
Discussion

Multi Rotor Heli for AP/AV for under $1000

Hey everyone. I would like to get into aerial photography and videography. I realize that for pro level results I could easily spend $10,000+, but I would like to get into something at a hobby level to get some experience and see how I like it. I would like to keep the cost under $1000 not including the camera. I already have a DX7SE that I would like to use for now. I plan to upgrade to something with more channels eventually but I was hoping the DX7SE would be good enough to get me started. I will most likely start with a gopro or point and shoot, but it would be nice to get into a platform that can eventually carry one of the lighter DSLRs. I've been reading for a couple of months now about all of the different platforms and with all of the options available i'm a bit lost as to which direction to go. What do you guys recommend for my budget? I was considering the Xaircraft X650 V8, but with all of the other options available i'm not sure that's the best choice. I realize there's going to be a lot of difference of opinion, but what do you guys think is the best bang for the buck?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2011, 09:00 AM
Prog Rocker
Talk to Witespy. If I had to do it over, that's where I would start, considering your budget.
Nov 18, 2011, 09:20 AM
I've got a fleet of three multiwii copters, with a go pro, and a point and shoot, radio, batteries and charger that all together don't stand me near $1000. A good point and shoot is the most you'll probably need. no reason to risk the $$$$$ on a dslr.

The new gopro HD2 should be a good start
Nov 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
I like what I see with the new go pro. Does anyone know how the photo quality compares to comparable priced point and shoots? ($300)
Nov 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
we have a ready to fly models that are awesome for a go pro system + fpv.

You can get some killer footage from a go pro.

I can do a custom build to if you need something special.

www.hoverthings.com is the website.

good for everything from AP to sport flying.

key chain cam test #2- witespy quad (2 min 12 sec)

mini witespy quad review (2 min 44 sec)

more FPV videos here:

http://www.hoverthings.com/gallery.html
Last edited by witespy; Nov 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM.