Sep 13, 2018, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky's Boy
I like to do my test glide under power with the throttle cut engaged. That way I can see how it reacts to input
Do you want to say that you actually move the control surfaces while it glides?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2018, 07:03 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
sure,...why not? You can check if they are reversed or acting as they should

I should preface this to say that my first toss is usually just with power and no hands on the stick. I just want to see how it glides with the servos holding the control surfaces as I set them. Afterwards I'll give it a toss and see how it reacts to input. As I said it gives me the opportunity to see if I screwed up and have any reversed
Sep 14, 2018, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky's Boy
sure,...why not? You can check if they are reversed or acting as they should

I should preface this to say that my first toss is usually just with power and no hands on the stick. I just want to see how it glides with the servos holding the control surfaces as I set them. Afterwards I'll give it a toss and see how it reacts to input. As I said it gives me the opportunity to see if I screwed up and have any reversed
I was asking to get a clear idea of the process . Next time I attempt flying the plane I will start with glide tests so that I can see if there are any problems, before I try to actually take off and fly.

Quick Reply