Jun 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
AKA Don
With ailerons when rolling to the left (moving stick to the left) the left Aileron shoud go UP! Sounds like yours maybe reversed. It's not uncommon to get it wrong. Most of us have done it more than once.

Also the differential should provide more up travel than down. If that is wrong it will normally not cause a crash but it may prevent bank and yank turns. You will need to use rudder to turn
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2012, 09:05 PM

Differential's right

The differential is set up properly. The side going up travels a lot more than the side going down. I was wandering if I had the ailerons reversed when I tried to correct it and it did what it did.Thanks for telling me how they go(I wasn't sure) I am trying to take things slow with the aileron learning as when I started flying last summer most of the problems I had were trying to much too fast. I checked The ailerons and think they are right now.

I went out yesterday with the intent to try the ailerons after I saw how the kfm3p flew in low wind conditions. Had a lot of fun with the kfm3p. flew for several minutes but then as seems to be the case with anything other a UC wing for me right now I managed to crash the plane. I ended up somehow flipping the plane upside down(Setup with just rudder and elevator no ailerons) and wasn't able to recover before it crashed(Seeing in how I am not sure how I flipped it to begin with) the fuselage split just behind the servos. Debating whether to rebuild or repair. But I have a while before the winds get low again (I Live where there always seems to be wind right around 15 mph. thats the main reason for pushing to different wings right now). so I am not flying soon.
Added another succesful flight with the UC wing. Very nice when there isn't any wind.
Jun 17, 2012, 11:41 PM

Simulator time

Why is it that flying on a simulator (CRRCSim The price was right) is easier than in real life. I havn't crashed in almost 1 hr and I have been going crazy with flips and spins. wish I could do that with a real airplane.
Nov 24, 2013, 05:10 AM
What thickness do I have to use to build the plane and wing?
I have 3mm and 6 mm depron and I'd like to build my first scratchbuild
Nov 24, 2013, 05:59 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravanero
What thickness do I have to use to build the plane and wing?
I have 3mm and 6 mm depron and I'd like to build my first scratchbuild
6mm is the thickness at least nominally so.

Also I recommend Model Plane Foam in place of Depron. It is much more forgiving to build, fly and repair if necessary. Costs less as well.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Nov 27, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you for your quick response.
We only have Depron here, so I am going to try with 6mm Depron
Feb 25, 2014, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Hi Eric,

I cut kits on demand. They are CNC cut foam parts, wings have airfoil baked in, and prebent landing gear wires. The kit is $25 plus $7 shipping. PM me with your zip code and we can take care of the payment details.

Also this is the Oshkosh Sport. The Oshkosh Special is here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1040899
Same price for either one.

Ken
Do you still have kits of the Oshkosh Sport available?
Feb 25, 2014, 12:48 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPatch
Do you still have kits of the Oshkosh Sport available?
Can do! Returned your PM.

Ken
Apr 06, 2014, 04:37 PM
This is the third test flight of the Oshkosh Sport + Armin wing with no dihedral.
I also changed the battery location to the nose to move the CG forward.

I think the motor is not enough for the 650 gr TOW. I am using too much THR and I dont know if could be better to change motor, batt or prop.

Motor - 2208-12 1800 Kv outrunner
ESC - 20A http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=15202
Servos - 4 http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...?idproduct=662
Propeller - GWS 9x5 HD
Battery - 800 2s http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=18849

Tercer vuelo de prueba (1 min 39 sec)
Apr 07, 2014, 01:21 AM
RC Adddict
Caravanero it looks like your getting there. I don't have any experience with that motor but looking at a few site you could probably prop down a little and run it on 3s to get more power. I would want to use an amp meter to check unless someone else has used it on 3s knows which prop works best.

It also seems that the tail was dragging a little low in flight, this could be a few things but my guess would be the wing incidence on the armin wing. I would try shimming the LE of the wing 1/8 - 1/4" to account for this.
Apr 07, 2014, 09:13 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor
Caravanero it looks like your getting there. I don't have any experience with that motor but looking at a few site you could probably prop down a little and run it on 3s to get more power. I would want to use an amp meter to check unless someone else has used it on 3s knows which prop works best.
An 8x3.8 has oodles of power on 3s, but if you want more speed you can run it with a 7x6 on 3s.

Ken
Apr 22, 2014, 05:55 AM
Ken and Wifor, you are right. I made another fligth with a friend's 3S 1300 batt and it gave more power.
Then I bought a 8x3.8 prop and I made the test with the only 3S Batt that I have (2200) and it flew like a rocket!!
I think that the perfect setup will be 8x3.8 prop with 3S 1300 batt
It seems to be unstable in flight yet. I made another flights changing the CG and is very difficult to control so maybe I have to mood the wing making some dihedral ?

Thank you for your help
Jul 18, 2014, 07:02 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Be sure to visit and respond to this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post28949353

It is imperative,
Ken
Jan 18, 2015, 07:45 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
My wife picked these plans to enter the field of RC flying. We are using the folded body using Dollar General 3/16" paper covered foam. Will have a rudder/elevator system only on this one. Did a built up foam wing. 7 1/2" chord and 40" wingspan with end plates.

Will show a final pic.
Jan 18, 2015, 09:35 PM
AKA Don
Your wife picked a winner! She will have great fun and success with this plane.

Quick Reply