This thread is privately moderated by RCBABBEL, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 08, 2015, 07:00 PM
**I'm Battman**
HX4,

Another lighter weight option...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/200mah-1...ry-eflb2001s30

I've been testing one in my Nano QX 3D and love it.

Specs:
LxWxH
39x17x6mm
6.98g

I don't sell them.

Roger
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2015, 07:11 PM
HX4
HX4
UAS: FA33XLR7CL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
HX4,

I like the idea of installing a mCPX connector on your Nano QX FPV.

Is there room for this 250???
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...pi-6264_0.html

I have 10-15 in stock.

Specs:
LxWxH
42x17x5.7mm
7.77g

Roger
Clip off the battery holder and diy velcro/shrink tube holder allows using batteries of different sizes. Image attached of the HH Inductrix. The 250s would be the heaviest batteries I would probably ever use on the NanoQX or Inductrix if they yield a significant improvement in flight times over the 4.6gm Hyperion 160's.

Quote:
HX4,

Another lighter weight option...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/200mah-1...ry-eflb2001s30

I've been testing one in my Nano QX 3D and love it.

Specs:
LxWxH
39x17x6mm
6.98g

I don't sell them.

Roger
One possible option. But do these EFlites have the life cycles of Hyperions?
Ever consider a mCPX BabbelBatt Hyperion 240? From Hyperion's spec sheet they weigh 6.49gm with no connector. Thinking about your um version. Might be the best compromise of weight and capacity.

Wondering truth or myth regarding the tiny um connectors reducing flight times, performance vs. mCPX? Light is right for the Inductrix and NanoQX. Any additional mass needs to improve some level of performance. Guessing the mCPX mass is very minimal > um connectors. Switching to mCPX connectors would be a good thing if they allow for more efficient energy transfer resulting in extended flight times before LVC and/or burst energy at high throttle input.
Dec 11, 2015, 10:09 AM
HX4
HX4

Connectors, myths or fact?

Woke up too early this AM. On-call until 1200, so Google time.

It seems that the mCPX and um connectors both have some longevity issues.
Some have stated that they are only rated for 50 connections cycles before the "tabs" fatigue causing a poor connection. Net result are decrease flight times and performance. Most of these people are fans of the micro-Deans. More robust connection and higher rated amp load. Micro-Deans weigh <1gm. Just a slight weight penalty over mCPX.

Roger, feelings about micro-Deans on Hyperion 240 or 250's? Not sure if there is a market making it worth your time. Might be time to practice soldering leads to a few almost dead 1s. Hope not to blow one up in my face.

Proper method of removing the black plastic connector cap?
Jan 04, 2016, 06:15 AM
Hi chasing a battery for my umx b-17. Which one do you suggest?

Thanks Nic
Jan 04, 2016, 09:29 AM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-STI
Hi chasing a battery for my umx b-17. Which one do you suggest?

Thanks Nic
This is the B-17 batt:

BB Hyp (1S) 550mAh 25C w/UM connector $11.95
LxWxH
59x18x7mm
Weight approx: 14.3g

Plug-n-play ready with the correct B-17 connector installed.
Helps to get the cg correct.
Nice power and longer flight times.

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...0550%20003.jpg

Roger
Jan 04, 2016, 10:18 AM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX4
Woke up too early this AM. On-call until 1200, so Google time.

It seems that the mCPX and um connectors both have some longevity issues.
Some have stated that they are only rated for 50 connections cycles before the "tabs" fatigue causing a poor connection. Net result are decrease flight times and performance. Most of these people are fans of the micro-Deans. More robust connection and higher rated amp load. Micro-Deans weigh <1gm. Just a slight weight penalty over mCPX.

Roger, feelings about micro-Deans on Hyperion 240 or 250's? Not sure if there is a market making it worth your time. Might be time to practice soldering leads to a few almost dead 1s. Hope not to blow one up in my face.

Proper method of removing the black plastic connector cap?
HX4,

Didn't mean to leave you hanging like that!
Things got a bit crazy around here at Christmas time.

"Proper method of removing the black plastic connector cap?"
I really don't recommend it!

"mCPX and um connectors both have some longevity issues?"
Not that big of an issue.

Shoot me a PM anytime if you are looking for some custom batts.

Thanks,

Roger
Jan 07, 2016, 03:11 AM
I review RC Products
I want to say here that Roger not only provides us with a great selection of quality products at a reasonable price, but that his service impeccable, too.

GB
Jan 08, 2016, 10:32 AM
Philippians 4:13
Hey Babbs,
It's been a long time since I have been on the forums (life with 5 young kids) but I have recently felt the desire to add a UMX plane to my hangar of dusty planes. I have been leaning towards the Carbon Cub and several people have suggested that I contact you in order to get the best battery for the CC. So here I am asking you what I need. :-) When I order my plane, I am also going to order a Pitts prop. I would like my CC to fly low and slow but also have the ability to hang from the prop if possible. Please tell me what battery I need. Thank you sir!
Tyson
Jan 08, 2016, 07:14 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
Hey Babbs,
It's been a long time since I have been on the forums (life with 5 young kids) but I have recently felt the desire to add a UMX plane to my hangar of dusty planes. I have been leaning towards the Carbon Cub and several people have suggested that I contact you in order to get the best battery for the CC. So here I am asking you what I need. :-) When I order my plane, I am also going to order a Pitts prop. I would like my CC to fly low and slow but also have the ability to hang from the prop if possible. Please tell me what battery I need. Thank you sir!
Tyson
Hey again Tyson,

I don't own a CC but my best selling CC batt is my:
BB Hyp VX (2S) 500 35C w/UMX connector. (lightened & thinned)
$16.95
L x W x H
43x24.5x12 mm
Approx: 26g

Guys love it for the super long flight times.

If you are looking for 'low and slow but also have the ability to hang from the prop'...I would probably go with my:
BB Hyp (2S) 330mAh RTF w/UMX connector.
$14.95
L x W x H
43x17x12 mm
Approx: 17g

It has excellent power to weight at only 17g.
Nice flight times as well.

Shoot me a PM anytime.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/priv...=newpm&u=54990

Thanks,

Roger
Jan 09, 2016, 01:08 AM
Philippians 4:13
Thank you Roger. As soon as I gather the funds for the plane, I will order a couple batts. Thanks again.
Jan 09, 2016, 12:06 PM
HX4
HX4
Quote:
HX4,

Didn't mean to leave you hanging like that!
Things got a bit crazy around here at Christmas time.

"Proper method of removing the black plastic connector cap?"
I really don't recommend it!

"mCPX and um connectors both have some longevity issues?"
Not that big of an issue.

Shoot me a PM anytime if you are looking for some custom batts.

Thanks,

Roger
Roger, no problem. Holidays, dealing with snow/ice makes for a busy time of year.

Time to experiment with different payload weights to figure out how much extra mass the stock HH 6mm and MMW 6mm -11 series motors can handle. The Hyperion 550 (~ extra 10gm) is way to heavy for the NanoQX stock 6mm. Barely gets off the ground and then handles like a flying brick. Goal is extending flight times without significantly degrading flight characteristics of the Inductrix (los flying) and NanoQX FPV. Hopefully the quads will be able to handle the additional ~5gm of your Hyperions 320's with um connectors.
Jan 15, 2016, 12:41 PM
Tech0821

Nano qx with 6mm-11 motors

Someone has led me to to your products...what do you recommend? TheStock Hyperion (1S) 250mAh 25C/45C for Blade MCPX Heli & Nano QX 3D $4.95. Not running fpv..just looking for longer flight times. Stock frame..any mods needed for them? Currently running the 150mAh 25c
Last edited by Tech0821; Jan 15, 2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Jan 15, 2016, 07:50 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech0821
Someone has led me to to your products...what do you recommend? TheStock Hyperion (1S) 250mAh 25C/45C for Blade MCPX Heli & Nano QX 3D $4.95. Not running fpv..just looking for longer flight times. Stock frame..any mods needed for them? Currently running the 150mAh 25c
Tech,

Looks like the Nano QX uses the samller style (1S) connector. (JST Pico)
The Hyp (1S) 250 uses the larger style connector. (MCPX type)

All my custom built 1S batts come with JST Pico style connectors.
I would go with my Hyp (1S) 240
Can you get it to fit or Velcro it to your Nano?

BB Hyperion (1S) 240mAh 25C RTF w/UM connector $9.95
LxWxH
30x20x6mm

Roger
Jan 16, 2016, 07:27 PM
Tech0821
I would definitely need to modify due to width due to the eflite batts being 11-12 mm wide. They are the same length and height if measuring from the plastic though. I'll look into the mod and get back with you...might be switching up to the fpv version as well so I might just need a whole new setup. I'll update you when I figure it out. Thx for your time.
Jan 17, 2016, 12:46 PM
HX4
HX4
Quote:
Tech,

Looks like the Nano QX uses the samller style (1S) connector. (JST Pico)
The Hyp (1S) 250 uses the larger style connector. (MCPX type)

All my custom built 1S batts come with JST Pico style connectors.
I would go with my Hyp (1S) 240
Can you get it to fit or Velcro it to your Nano?

BB Hyperion (1S) 240mAh 25C RTF w/UM connector $9.95
LxWxH
30x20x6mm

Roger
Experimenting with handful of different batteries sitting around to see how the stock NanoQX FPV handles the different weights. Clipped the battery holder off. Ran a length of Velcro creating a "belt". Each variety of battery has a "custom" sized shrink tube holder with a sliver of Velcro. Net zero weight gain. Allows for use of pretty much any size battery. Even tried the Hyperion 550. Too heavy for the stock 6mm. The 240s delivered +7minutes flying blue mode. Thinking BabbelBatt Hyperion 320s with MMW -11 series 6mm might be the perfect match for performance and flight time. After I kill off the stock 6mm will switch over to MMW. See what happens when flying with the 240s plus ~3gm of dead mass.