May 14, 2017, 05:01 PM
Not immediately obvious but with some motors you can route the wires like this which makes ESC installation easier.

The wires look like they might touch the pinion but the counter bearing block will prevent this from happening.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2017, 07:08 PM
Does anyone knows how to get rid of the tail vibration once passed 2100rpm in the original tail grip and tail gear? I have this huge vibration when the tail grip attached to the tail shaft. Once removed the grip and run test on tail shaft only it is totally fine.
Dec 08, 2019, 01:16 PM
Great insights
Dec 10, 2019, 08:03 PM
Upgraded the tail on my Innova 700 with Tarot 600 pitch slider mechanism and tailbox clamp. Ball links on the slider are something like 4.9mm and were way too tight so I took a KDS ball and screwed it into an old trex 500 feathering shaft as a handle then put a slot in it with a cutoff wheel and resized the links. Parts used were the pitch slider and bellcrank aluminum upgrade tail pulley and idler and tail rotor shaft (the hole for the pin is in a different location but the shaft is the same lenght otherwise). All parts are a drop in fit with no adjustments needed except to the ball links on the pitch slider.

Had to make a new pushrod due to the ball on the bellcrank arm being in a slightly different distance from the servo. I used a heat gun to soften the epoxy and then cleaned out the inside of the pushrod ends with a brush and reused them. I decided to go with the Tarot ball links here because I could not fine a 5mm ball of the right height. I used the tarot pushrod guide instead of the KDS one and I also ended up using the Tarot boom support ends (which use 5.8mm ball links) and tail boom clamp and made new 5mm boom support rods too.
Dec 10, 2019, 10:11 PM
rc user
where did you find a cutoff wheel that thin?
I need to make a sizing tool for some 5mm links but my dremel cutoff disk looks too thick.
Dec 11, 2019, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
where did you find a cutoff wheel that thin?
I need to make a sizing tool for some 5mm links but my dremel cutoff disk looks too thick.
It was a standard dremel cutoff wheel I just just cut a slot in the side of the ball and deburred it with a few swipes of 1600 grit sandpaper. You don't want to overdo the deburring because it'll dull the edge and cause it to not resize the ball.
Dec 12, 2019, 02:35 AM
I've had good success simply by scoring the ball with a hobby-knife - it really doesn't need to be very aggressive (done the Dremel thing as well that also works well)

Quick Reply