Jun 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer
Hadn't thought of that. Tried it with the 9116 and it changed the cente point of the stick. When my new tail motor gets here I will try it with the v911
Did you ever have success getting V911 to fully use the 9116 TX.I was looking at the BNF models because of the low price and wife would freak out if I she finds one more complete RC.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2012, 06:46 PM
Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_onewish
I uploded video with my tx problem
Yip, had exactly the same problem! Problem only appeared after the mode conversion from 1 to mode 2. Last night swapped the actual trimmer pots as well and the, naturally, the problem is now solved. It could be just coincidence but when when I swapped them I noticed that all the other trimmer pots operating on "centered" sticks are blue while the one used for throttle was green and had an additional symbol on the trim pot. Either way, throttle response is now much better.

Regarding the behavior when you have entered the menu, I also have some strange behavior but ultimately it does not matter how it behaves when in the menu but rather how it operates after you exited the menu.

In performing the swap around of the trimmers, you will need to swap the wires as well which will involve some soldering. I initially tried to just do the swap (without changing the wires) and fix the behavior by changing settings in the menu. This however did not work. While in the menu, the changes took effect and looks like it is working but the moment I saved and exited the menu it would not work (so yes, similar to the case you showed, the behavior in the menu is not repsentative of the behavior once you exited).

It is probably recommended that, before you do the swap, you simply verify with a multimeter that the other pot in fact display more linear behavior without a dead spot in the middle. Let me know how you go.
Jun 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig
Hi Mate,
The contact cleaner won't effect the pot or any other electrical componant as this is what it is used for.
Hi Eugene,
Got some contact cleaner and tried last night to see if it solved the problem. No change. At the end swapped the trim pots and at least now have the same throttle response as before the mode conversion.

Now having some range issues but have to swap out the TX batteries before that is confirmed. Sunny bit windy day here today so I am not sure if a test flight will be possible....
Jun 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hi guys, I picked up my first rc heli yesterday a 9116 and absolutely loving it (it was my first ever rc toy to be honest which I know is sad) but I decided to stupidly be a bit clever and play around with it, and managed to somehow completely fry one of the wires that must control the tail motor.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to buy the whole wiring system for the heli on it's own or not? I'm a total novice when it comes to wiring or electronics and whilst I'm prepared to learn I would rather just buy the whole wiring setup and refeed it through the heli and plug it all in and be good to go again.

What's the best way to go?
Jun 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennoc
Hi guys, I picked up my first rc heli yesterday a 9116 and absolutely loving it (it was my first ever rc toy to be honest which I know is sad) but I decided to stupidly be a bit clever and play around with it, and managed to somehow completely fry one of the wires that must control the tail motor.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to buy the whole wiring system for the heli on it's own or not? I'm a total novice when it comes to wiring or electronics and whilst I'm prepared to learn I would rather just buy the whole wiring setup and refeed it through the heli and plug it all in and be good to go again.

What's the best way to go?
You can just but the new tail assembly which includes the wires you need.
Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Lots of ebay vendors sale them between $5 to $9 shipped.Most are in China some are in the US.Amazon also has them.Look for 9116-14
Jun 27, 2012, 10:26 PM
Save the Pieces!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennoc
Did that happen after a crash?
Jun 27, 2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInBremWA
Did that happen after a crash?
I don't think it was crash related. I was playing around with the wiring and I'm pretty sure it fried when I accidently had a battery come in contact with the pcb
Jun 27, 2012, 11:47 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501419
Yip, had exactly the same problem! Problem only appeared after the mode conversion from 1 to mode 2. Last night swapped the actual trimmer pots as well and the, naturally, the problem is now solved. It could be just coincidence but when when I swapped them I noticed that all the other trimmer pots operating on "centered" sticks are blue while the one used for throttle was green and had an additional symbol on the trim pot. Either way, throttle response is now much better.

Regarding the behavior when you have entered the menu, I also have some strange behavior but ultimately it does not matter how it behaves when in the menu but rather how it operates after you exited the menu.

In performing the swap around of the trimmers, you will need to swap the wires as well which will involve some soldering. I initially tried to just do the swap (without changing the wires) and fix the behavior by changing settings in the menu. This however did not work. While in the menu, the changes took effect and looks like it is working but the moment I saved and exited the menu it would not work (so yes, similar to the case you showed, the behavior in the menu is not repsentative of the behavior once you exited).

It is probably recommended that, before you do the swap, you simply verify with a multimeter that the other pot in fact display more linear behavior without a dead spot in the middle. Let me know how you go.
Glad you finally got it working, dirk.

I did notice, but didn't think to examine it further, that the throttle pot was green, but, and here's the kicker, I was looking at the one auflyer sent me, and the green pot was on the now mode 2 throttle side and it was originally a mode 1 tx!!!

As per your range issues, make sure the antenna wire is connected properly to the small pcb in the tx, it has one wire soldered to a cap, and the other is soldered to ground. During the course of this thread, there is a photo I post up with the correct solder points for the tx wire (it would be pretty early in the thread).
Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Thanks for this. I've ordered one from Hong Kong so hopefully it will be here by the end of next week.
Jun 28, 2012, 02:29 AM
Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce
Glad you finally got it working, dirk.

I did notice, but didn't think to examine it further, that the throttle pot was green, but, and here's the kicker, I was looking at the one auflyer sent me, and the green pot was on the now mode 2 throttle side and it was originally a mode 1 tx!!!

As per your range issues, make sure the antenna wire is connected properly to the small pcb in the tx, it has one wire soldered to a cap, and the other is soldered to ground. During the course of this thread, there is a photo I post up with the correct solder points for the tx wire (it would be pretty early in the thread).
Thanks Mick. If the TX's you've got also has 3 blue and 1 green I would venture to say the timpots are definitely different. Maybe the one from Auflyer was incorrectly assembled, but I doubt Double Horse would make an obvious QC error like that ...
Jun 28, 2012, 02:59 AM
Closed Account
Sorry, I didn't twig to it earlier, mate, but at least we know now. Pity, j_skaggs might have had more success with his 9116 if he had know about this little QC slip up.

I was amazed when you wrote about the green pot, and while I was looking the other night, I checked out all the pots to make sure they had the same "502" number on it, but I just clean forgot about the different colour, might be the cause of the problem.

Good thing you were on the ball though !!! see, all those years of study finally paid off, eh?
Jun 28, 2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501419

Today I took tx apart, verified linearity of every pot (I also have green pot on throttle, and blue for rest) and swapped pots (and resolder them). Now, dead zone is gone but tx is acting very very strange. I made a video with tx behavior and heli respons on tx commands. I am more and more sure that PCB in tx is problem.
Double Horse 9116 TX problem (1 min 41 sec)
Jun 28, 2012, 04:46 AM
Closed Account
yeah, you've soldered the wires all back to front on the pot mate, judging by the throttle display when you throttle up.

My guess is, the center wire is now on the top pin, the center wire is on the bottom pin and the bottom wire is in the center.

Check the colour coding on the opposite pot, and reverse it. There should be a common wire colour on the middle pin and two different colours on either side of it, those are the two you need to swap over.

The colour coding wires on the green throttle pot is;

Black = top
green = middle
red = bottom

If the colour coding is correct, check for bridged solders as the three pins from the pot, that go into the small pcb are very close together, and they may be joined.
Last edited by stormforce; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
Jun 28, 2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce
yeah, you've soldered the wires all back to front on the pot mate, judging by the throttle display when you throttle up.

My guess is, the center wire is now on the top pin, the center wire is on the bottom pin and the bottom wire is in the center.

Check the colour coding on the opposite pot, and reverse it. There should be a common wire colour on the middle pin and two different colours on either side of it, those are the two you need to swap over.
I will now check if I soldered wrong. But, when I hit menu, throttle display is ok. Look at the end of the video: I am moving stick forward, bars od LCD and moving on opposite way but heli is actualy increasing RPM.

Quick Reply