May 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
I've just ordered an Imax B6. Hope it's as good...
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
Slope Slope Slope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrydad
I've just ordered an Imax B6. Hope it's as good...
Make sure it isn't a cheap knock off, as it is the iMax is a knock off of an OEM brand. But there are extra dirt cheap knock offs of the iMax which are apparently horrible..

When you receive it, check it has the SkyRC holographic sticker on the back before using it. If not, send it back for a refund.

such as this:
May 27, 2012, 12:13 AM
Closed Account
A mate has an Imax B6 and he likes it, but he reckons my accucell 6 is better, but that's just his personal opinion, I've never used it, so I can't offer a personal opinion about it myself.
May 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
I use the HiTec X1. It charges S1-S6 batteries. It will charge multiple batteries at once. I like it very much.
May 27, 2012, 06:19 AM
Closed Account
If I eventually find I enjoy this hobby I will most likely invest in a quality charger.

Happy flying all,

... Lennie
Last edited by .quietguy; May 27, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
May 27, 2012, 06:42 AM
Slope Slope Slope
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy
Wow!

I feel like I'm being ganged up on here, hahaha

If I eventually find I enjoy this hobby I will most likely invest in a quality charger.
But I elected not to more than double my initial investment having never flown.
I do sincerely thank everyone who has contributed to this discussion!
I have learned a heck of a lot more than I did the first day I began reading the posts here!

Happy flying all,

... Lennie
Ultimately it seems you were unfortunate to receive a seemingly defective product. Since these heli's come from a mass production line there is always going to be a couple that slip past the QA testing and end up in customers hands.

Don't let that discourage you! Your choice to settle for the OEM charger initially can be a good move, as you might lose interest in the hobby before the first battery dies, so no point spending money on something you may never have a real need for.

If you find yourself wanting a second, then a third heli, then it's time to look for better support equipment. From what I've read, you'll enjoy the F45 just as much as these guys love their 9116s!

Stay positive
May 27, 2012, 06:48 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89
Stay positive
Thank you very much, slothy!!
May 27, 2012, 07:04 AM
Closed Account
Maybe I'm too enthusiastic and aggressive about most hobbies I follow. I try to get the best equipment within my budget to support my interest and make it as painless as possible, but I do go overboard.

Ask my missus, she doesn't ask if that's a new heli, as the answer will be "yes, dear", coyly. My whole house is cluttered with remnants of my past interests, which include, astronomy, 35mm film photography and archery, which I still enjoy archery. I find any interest I get into must have a high level of innovative technology involved with it, otherwise I will get bored with it very quickly. Unfortunately, innovative technology comes at a premium price, and depending on my financial situation at the time will depend on the quality level of the products I purchase.
May 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig
Ok Try this have your heli and your tx next to you put the throttle stick all the way down quickly turn on the heli and then the tx hold the throttle trim down and see if it will bind
Thanks again but still no luck I wonder if I received a faulty board? I can get a completely new kit for $90 locally and use this one for parts plus I have a 9100 for parts also.I now have quite a collection but I have a soft spot for this bird because it was my first real heli and it has been used as a trainer which has led me to CP helis ( I now have a 450 V-2,a450 Pro,and a 250 CP) plus a MJX F45 and 2 V-911's I dont know how I will explain to the wife why I need another 9116. I was hoping the replacement board wouldo the trick,any more ideahs? If not I would say this thing is toast and I will probably buy another.Oh yeah,by the way I received a cool FP 200 size scale Apache Heli for my B-Day also, its not super fast but with a little adjustment it flies very well Thanks for any and all suggestions Steve
May 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Under Construction..
Roadglide, I too am partial to the 9116. For the price, I still think this was the best heli for the money. I also have a 9100 and when I fried my PCB in the 9116 I wanted to repair it as soon as possible. The new PCB arrived and was unable to get it to function properly. I got it to bind but the tail motor just spins uncontrollably. I wanted to repair it and give it to my son but no such luck, when finances permit I'll buy him a new one.
May 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
I was given a coaxial from costco ,which was fun but limited & wet my appetite for more so I picked up a DH 9116 , It took quite a beating at first , is still working fine
& Im progressing with it , im impressed with its durability & quality & my wife tells me as soon as she can see me fly a whole battery , doing circuts , figure 8's
backwards etc ,...then I will be clear to look at a cp heli ,.....lol
Now if only the wind would co operate ,..it does require very little or no wind....
May 27, 2012, 05:58 PM
My 9116 is still fly able but, I rarely fly it. The transmitter throttle control is nonlinear which makes it difficult to control altitude. It has been very reliable. I have replaced many parts due to crashes. The only part I wore out was one main motor. I would fly it regularly if not for the transmitter issue. I have moved on to cp heli's and get much more enjoyment from them mainly because they fly so well in wind which allows me to fly more often outside.
May 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
365 flying days a year

Time to say hello...

I have been lurking here since day one. My first flight with the 9116 lasted about two seconds a couple months ago. I tried the maiden flight in the garage and didn't know about goosing it up off the ground a couple feet on takeoff. Of course on the slick garage floor she scooted quickly to the left and impacted the garage door at a good clip. No obvious damage but I decided to wait and read a little more before trying again. It was then that my 120 SR arrived and I have been beating the heck out of her for the last two months. Not really...I was smart enough then to get it up off the deck quickly and we fell in love of course. After a hundred flights on the 120 I have only snapped one landing gear. My thoughts turned to the 9116 again recently. I convinced myself that if I could now fly the 120 I could maybe give the DH another go. I took a double dose of my heart meds and want for it. I gave her the same throttle action that I give the 120 and she popped up into the nicest most steady hover at chest level I have ever seen. I realized that my heart was pounding and set her down easy to let the old ticker calm down for awhile. I'm a very old man by the way. Anyway I am now having a love affair with the 9116 and trying to keep the 120 from finding out about it...haha. I have 30 flights now and even ventured out the garage door a little today till a gust tried to snatch her away. I love how stable the bird is compaired to the feather weight 120. Still haven't broken anything but have a spare of everything. The only thing I can find to complain about is the big dead spot in the middle of the throttle range. It seems to be linear to about mid stick then a big dead spot for about the next 3 to 4 clicks before it becomes active again. It is very distracting to be constantly goosing the throttle up and down just to maintain a hover. Any one have experience with this? Is there a fix or just something I have to live with with this TX? Thanks for being here the last few months everyone. I feel like I know this wonderful bird inside and out. Happy flying.
May 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid
I have been lurking here since day one. My first flight with the 9116 lasted about two seconds a couple months ago. I tried the maiden flight in the garage and didn't know about goosing it up off the ground a couple feet on takeoff. Of course on the slick garage floor she scooted quickly to the left and impacted the garage door at a good clip. No obvious damage but I decided to wait and read a little more before trying again. It was then that my 120 SR arrived and I have been beating the heck out of her for the last two months. Not really...I was smart enough then to get it up off the deck quickly and we fell in love of course. After a hundred flights on the 120 I have only snapped one landing gear. My thoughts turned to the 9116 again recently. I convinced myself that if I could now fly the 120 I could maybe give the DH another go. I took a double dose of my heart meds and want for it. I gave her the same throttle action that I give the 120 and she popped up into the nicest most steady hover at chest level I have ever seen. I realized that my heart was pounding and set her down easy to let the old ticker calm down for awhile. I'm a very old man by the way. Anyway I am now having a love affair with the 9116 and trying to keep the 120 from finding out about it...haha. I have 30 flights now and even ventured out the garage door a little today till a gust tried to snatch her away. I love how stable the bird is compaired to the feather weight 120. Still haven't broken anything but have a spare of everything. The only thing I can find to complain about is the big dead spot in the middle of the throttle range. It seems to be linear to about mid stick then a big dead spot for about the next 3 to 4 clicks before it becomes active again. It is very distracting to be constantly goosing the throttle up and down just to maintain a hover. Any one have experience with this? Is there a fix or just something I have to live with with this TX? Thanks for being here the last few months everyone. I feel like I know this wonderful bird inside and out. Happy flying.
That's the issue I complain about in my previous post. I have read other complaints of it. I believe it is the nature of the beast. Sure takes the enjoyment out of flying it. I also own a Blade 120SR and like it much more.
May 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid
Somwhere back in one of the postings someone had a post about this and they fixed it by bending the metal throttle ratchet arm to add more tension on the throtle gimble.

Quick Reply