Thread Tools
Jul 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
X350 Review in Model Airplane News:


http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blo...me-flyer-x350/
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Are there any videos out there showing this actually flying fff, rather than short bursts of ff and mostly hovering?

I am still very interested in how this high-tech coaxial compares to the MJX-F45 or other similar size fixed pitch. I expect that they should have somewhat similar flight characteristics. But most videos show the X350 mostly hovering.

regards . . . g
Jul 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
CarlP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Are there any videos out there showing this actually flying fff, rather than short bursts of ff and mostly hovering?

I am still very interested in how this high-tech coaxial compares to the MJX-F45 or other similar size fixed pitch. I expect that they should have somewhat similar flight characteristics. But most videos show the X350 mostly hovering.

regards . . . g
Try this one.
http://extreme-flyers.com/en/index.p...x350-5b1-video
Jul 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Nice looking heli. Looks like a bird of prey. Wish my V911 was designed like that. Shame it costs so much for a coaxial.
Jul 13, 2012, 09:47 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Nice looking heli. Looks like a bird of prey. Wish my V911 was designed like that. Shame it costs so much for a coaxial.
For the same price you can get the new Blade 130 X CP. I have both..
Jul 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
Brosol
Brosol's Avatar
Any vids showing FFF turns?
Jul 14, 2012, 07:20 AM
Registered User

gear on 130X rubbing ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
For the same price you can get the new Blade 130 X CP. I have both..
I just bought a Blade 130 X but the main shaft gear rubs on the printed circuit board - therefore have not run it yet - does your also make contact with the board ?
Jul 14, 2012, 09:42 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
I just bought a Blade 130 X but the main shaft gear rubs on the printed circuit board - therefore have not run it yet - does your also make contact with the board ?
Check the 130 forums in rc group and HF. Plenty of info. I am a 130 happy camper so far I will still mod my x350 to BL ( I have the parts for the last two months) but after flying the 130 I see this mod not happening in the near future or may be ever
Jul 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User

don't give up the X-350 ship


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Check the 130 forums in rc group and HF. Plenty of info. I am a 130 happy camper so far I will still mod my x350 to BL ( I have the parts for the last two months) but after flying the 130 I see this mod not happening in the near future or may be ever
Don't give up on the X-350, I also have a Co-Pilot II stabilized Trex450 but the X-350 does not take all the adjustments of the cp type helis, it is a just-go-and-fly heli and still lots of fun with the fly-in-the-wind capability.
Jul 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
H&H's Avatar
It's pointless to compare the X350 to the Blade 130. They are completely different machines designed for different flying styles and maneuvers altogether.
It's very common on RCGroups for flyers to talk down products that were last years newest thing when it's not novel any longer.
There will be plenty of guys talking down the 130 by the time the next new hyped toy comes along.
Jul 15, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
I think you are missing the point. The X350 is a nice handling coax, but it still has many of the coax shortcomings. That would be OK, but it's price tag puts in competition with a number of products that don't have those limitations. It's appeal would be a lot wider if it was priced lower.
Jul 15, 2012, 08:32 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I think you are missing the point. The X350 is a nice handling coax, but it still has many of the coax shortcomings. That would be OK, but it's price tag puts in competition with a number of products that don't have those limitations. It's appeal would be a lot wider if it was priced lower.
I agree. As much as I enjoy mine, I still think I paid far to much for it for what it is. A coax shouldn't be so much. Even a tricked out one with brushless motors and extended shaft shouldn't either. They should sell it tricked out with the upgrades already done for maybe like $150 to $170 imho...
Jul 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
H&H's Avatar
I agree with both of you that it is not a low priced product. I would love to see it available at a lower price point. They would be much more appealing for sure.
In the end the market will determine the value of a product as we as consumers have the choice to buy what we choose.
The point I'm making is that I don't like to see any thread dedicated to a specific model (the X350) turn into a discussion about a completely different model (Blade 130) that it wasn't designed to directly compete with.
A more proper comparison would be the Blade CX2 which is $60.00 less expensive.
Having flown both the X 350 and the CX2 extensively it is my opinion that The X 350 is totally worth 50 bucks more.
$60? I dunno. You decide
Jul 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
I agree with both of you that it is not a low priced product. I would love to see it available at a lower price point. They would be much more appealing for sure.
In the end the market will determine the value of a product as we as consumers have the choice to buy what we choose.
The point I'm making is that I don't like to see any thread dedicated to a specific model (the X350) turn into a discussion about a completely different model (Blade 130) that it wasn't designed to directly compete with.
A more proper comparison would be the Blade CX2 which is $60.00 less expensive.
Having flown both the X 350 and the CX2 extensively it is my opinion that The X 350 is totally worth 50 bucks more.
$60? I dunno. You decide
Really??? and I thought the X350 is like double the size of the CX2 ... well, must have been off there. Is there actually a coax in a really comparable size? (BOL maybe? or Lama400?)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jul 16, 2012, 08:53 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
It's pointless to compare the X350 to the Blade 130. They are completely different machines designed for different flying styles and maneuvers altogether.
It's very common on RCGroups for flyers to talk down products that were last years newest thing when it's not novel any longer.
There will be plenty of guys talking down the 130 by the time the next new hyped toy comes along.
It is not pointless at all. I was suggesting that for the SAME PRICE you get more bang for your dollars. I did not try to compare the x350 to 130 x. If you do though for the same money you get a VW beetle vs 911 Carera. Brushed vs BL et al...I am still flying my X350 but less.....isn't obvious why?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Best Coaxial for outside in 5 to 7mph wind? ghostware Coaxial Helicopters 4 Mar 23, 2010 04:56 PM
Question Any Micro capable of flying in 5-10 mph wind? CaptPJB Micro Ready-to-Fly 31 Jun 07, 2008 08:25 AM
Discussion HBFP-like heli capable of flight in wind?? stoddardvilla Micro Helis 9 Apr 19, 2007 10:56 AM