Extreme Flyers X350 5A2, 5 CH Coaxial, flies in wind/Fast forward Flight capable. - Page 37 - RC Groups
May 23, 2012, 07:31 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
do you know the size you need? 2mm? 2.5? 3mm?
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
The Attack 350 has been released and I will be getting a couple in shortly as well as the non standard parts
May 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H
do you know the size you need? 2mm? 2.5? 3mm?
The ones I have are 2.5mm but I probably need 3mm. I will find out on Saturday.
May 24, 2012, 08:55 AM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H
The Attack 350 has been released and I will be getting a couple in shortly as well as the non standard parts
Looks to me the same like the X350 but with a different body and the HP shaft factory installed. Needless to say more expensive than the X350.
May 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
it does have a few differences. Apparently the frame , battery, 5 in 1 rec/gyro unit is different as well as the skids and body parts.
May 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H
it does have a few differences. Apparently the frame , battery, 5 in 1 rec/gyro unit is different as well as the skids and body parts.
Thanks for the update. Did you fly her yet?. BTW I resolved today the screw problem. On each motor two screws are 2mm and two 3mm. Go figure! Now my next task is to mount the pinions I want to be ready when the current motor(s) quit.
Last edited by Thetis; May 27, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
May 25, 2012, 02:30 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
My helis and parts are in transit as I type. I will most likely be putting my personal demo X350 up for sale and will be flying the new Attack 350 when they arrive.

I know that no product is perfect but once I installed the high performance shaft, my X350 has given me lots of fun flying and I believe more than ever that they are worth the higher price.

I do not know of any other similar chopper that does what this is capable of out of the box.
That's not saleman bs either. I really believe it

P.S. Glad to hear you have your screw sizes sorted. I am looking forward to a flight report.
I have been offering my factory brushless turnkey systems at a signifigant discount ( they are priced too high IMO) and they have been selling well.
It will be interesting to compare the HK setup with the EF setup
May 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H
My helis and parts are in transit as I type. I will most likely be putting my personal demo X350 up for sale and will be flying the new Attack 350 when they arrive.

I know that no product is perfect but once I installed the high performance shaft, my X350 has given me lots of fun flying and I believe more than ever that they are worth the higher price.

I do not know of any other similar chopper that does what this is capable of out of the box.
That's not saleman bs either. I really believe it

P.S. Glad to hear you have your screw sizes sorted. I am looking forward to a flight report.
I have been offering my factory brushless turnkey systems at a signifigant discount ( they are priced too high IMO) and they have been selling well.
It will be interesting to compare the HK setup with the EF setup
I am looking forward to your review of the Attack 350. My HK mod will go live when the current 180s go bust. I was wondering how CarlP is doing with his HK mod? This thread is like a nova star
May 29, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
I am looking forward to your review of the Attack 350. My HK mod will go live when the current 180s go bust. I was wondering how CarlP is doing with his HK mod? This thread is like a nova star
My 350 is flying very well on the HK setup. No complaints here, certainly not for the same price as stock motors.
May 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP
My 350 is flying very well on the HK setup. No complaints here, certainly not for the same price as stock motors.
Great to hear that. I guess I got to wait until my motors are gone bust before I do the mod. Did you use any mounting plates when installing the brushless motors? In my case they were in the picture description but not in the box when I received them.
May 30, 2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Great to hear that. I guess I got to wait until my motors are gone bust before I do the mod. Did you use any mounting plates when installing the brushless motors? In my case they were in the picture description but not in the box when I received them.
No, no mounting plates used but I did have to modify the mounting surface, both the plastic and the metal portions.
May 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
Always, against the wind

Keyfob/keychain camera

Has anybody mounted a keyfob camera yet?
May 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP
No, no mounting plates used but I did have to modify the mounting surface, both the plastic and the metal portions.
Thanks for the reply.
May 31, 2012, 03:55 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Attack 350 helis arrived today with support, and hop up parts.
I took one out to examine. Looks pretty cool. Like a little Apache
I still like the stealthy look of the X350 quite a bit.
Haven't flown one yet but I don't expect a radical difference.
The battery is a 1000mah 3 cell and per my usual resourseful self, I have sourced replacement Lipos that will be less than 1/2 the price of the stock packs. They will probably be a little lighter too and 30C rather than 25C.

I'm getting pretty darn good with my 350 and was zooming around my yard last night burning through a full charge.
This is a seriously capable machine! I must have had that thing going 30mph in FFF.
The more I fly this heli the more I enjoy it.
May 31, 2012, 03:57 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Quote:
Has anybody mounted a keyfob camera yet?
I have a HK Cam that I plan on trying out on this heli. I am sure it will carry no problem.