Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
Split S
TimJohnson's Avatar
LOL okay, so your comment made me click it. Darn it! I wanted to see the heli hit the side of the building......Is that bad? LOL
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
billbo1970's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
LOL okay, so your comment made me click it. Darn it! I wanted to see the heli hit the side of the building......Is that bad? LOL
Nah...

Seriously though, there's NO way he didn't slam it into that building is there? LOL
Apr 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Finally, I had to bite the bullet and have her repaired and installed the high perf shaft. I got her back yesterday but no luck today for an outdoor test flight. It rains and it will rain on / off for the next three days. I will report back after the test results. I now think after changing my mind of selling her, to go ahead and order the brushless components from HK.
Apr 30, 2012, 03:16 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
I ordered today from HK the brushless components but I now have found out the motors are the very first ones CarlP has posted. Do you think they will do the job? The ones on his mode are backordered. CarlP et al I need your input please.
Apr 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
CarlP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I ordered today from HK the brushless components but I now have found out the motors are the very first ones CarlP has posted. Do you think they will do the job? The ones on his mode are backordered. CarlP et al I need your input please.
The above is a bit confusing but if they were out of the C10s, give the others I posted a shot. I ordered them because I felt they would do the job , I haven't used them because I didn't have a pinion that fit. They do come with 12T pinions but at 4200Kv that's a bit much, probably throw a blade. I wanted a 8T pinion but they were backordered. The C10s are working out well, and only time will tell how long they outlive the stocks, but so far so good.
Apr 30, 2012, 08:13 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
The above is a bit confusing but if they were out of the C10s, give the others I posted a shot. I ordered them because I felt they would do the job , I haven't used them because I didn't have a pinion that fit. They do come with 12T pinions but at 4200Kv that's a bit much, probably throw a blade. I wanted a 8T pinion but they were backordered. The C10s are working out well, and only time will tell how long they outlive the stocks, but so far so good.
This what I ordered:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8144

and I gather the stock pinion it will not fit. Correct?

I also ordered this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4318
Apr 30, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
CarlP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
This what I ordered:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8144

and I gather the stock pinion it will not fit. Correct?

I also ordered this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4318
Correct, the stock pinions will not fit this motor. Stocks are 2mm and this is 2.3mm
May 01, 2012, 07:24 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
I guess, I have to find pinions to fit the ordered motors and much the stock ones, or order two motors when back in stock as per your mod.
May 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered User
CarlP's Avatar
The 8T 2.3mm are in stock at HK. Just ordered some.
May 01, 2012, 09:15 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
The 8T 2.3mm are in stock at HK. Just ordered some.
Can you provide a link? I am sure the teeth are matching. Right? Thanks in advance.
May 01, 2012, 11:09 AM
Registered User
CarlP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Can you provide a link? I am sure the teeth are matching. Right? Thanks in advance.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11196

I have no way of knowing how they'll mesh until I get them.
May 01, 2012, 11:52 AM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11196

I have no way of knowing how they'll mesh until I get them.
Thank you CarlP. Please let me know how they mesh when you get them.
May 02, 2012, 01:19 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
H&H's Avatar
Got mine back from Global today. They said there was nothing wrong but it sure flies better.
They mush have done some trimming.
I had forgotten what a fun machine it is!
May 02, 2012, 07:37 PM
Always, against the wind
Thetis's Avatar
I flew her before sunset today. What a difference the HP shaft makes? Really big pleasure. Wow, no blade strikesNow I am glad I did not sell her. There was no wind at all and my back yard faces a well taken care park from the city (see pic below). I timed as always the flight for seven mins and I flew her straight seven mins. Although I have a second battery I did not fly her again due to the motors temp. Very, very hot.. I think I did the right thing ordering the brushless components from HK. One more thing, these rubber grommets on the canopy are totally useless!
May 02, 2012, 10:30 PM
H&H
H&H
H&H Hobbies
H&H's Avatar
Nice Yard!
I flew mine quite a bit today and my buddy made a video of me hovering as well as zooming around at a pretty good clip.
Unfortunately, the vid was poor as You cant really see the heli against the trees.
If we get a good video I will certainly put one up.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Best Coaxial for outside in 5 to 7mph wind? ghostware Coaxial Helicopters 4 Mar 23, 2010 04:56 PM
Question Any Micro capable of flying in 5-10 mph wind? CaptPJB Micro Ready-to-Fly 31 Jun 07, 2008 08:25 AM
Discussion HBFP-like heli capable of flight in wind?? stoddardvilla Micro Helis 9 Apr 19, 2007 10:56 AM