Feb 04, 2012, 10:39 AM
Always, against the wind

DX6i

Can the X-350 bind to DX6i? Has anybody done it? I am buying one for my MQx and I was wondering if it will work with X-350.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2012, 10:48 AM
Split S
NO. The X350 uses radio technology that is different than DSM.
Feb 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson
NO. The X350 uses radio technology that is different than DSM.
Thank you Tim.
Feb 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone have any info on the brushless upgrade components? Motor specs, number of teeth on pinion, esc interface... Should be a much cheaper solution once you know the specs and how the ESCs are interfaces to the controller. I see that the signal wires go into one esc and out to the other, since the original motors plug in directly to the controler I wonder how the ESCs get their signals.

Carl

Don't have mine yet, that's why I'm askng the # of teeth. Just planning ahead......
Last edited by CarlP; Feb 04, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Mre info
Feb 04, 2012, 06:11 PM
Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP
Anyone have any info on the brushless upgrade components? Motor specs, number of teeth on pinion, esc interface... Should be a much cheaper solution once you know the specs and how the ESCs are interfaces to the controller. I see that the signal wires go into one esc and out to the other, since the original motors plug in directly to the controler I wonder how the ESCs get their signals.

Carl

Don't have mine yet, that's why I'm askng the # of teeth. Just planning ahead......
Parkrcmodels has complete brushless setup that adapts to the 5in1 unit.$100
Probably not the info you need but what do I know? About Helis, nothing
Feb 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
"whirlydude"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP

Carl

If this helicopter is using 180 motors, which is the same as the CX helicopters than take a look at this thread for brushless parts.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...331390&page=48 Post #719
For the people that what more power than the stock 180 motors, and want to stay with a brushed motor, I would recommend trying the Xtreme Pros.
Feb 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just what I was looking for, thanks....
Feb 15, 2012, 08:48 PM
Always, against the wind

Reincarnated

I received tonight my brand new replacement heli. I had returned my first one for repairs but instead I got a brand new one. Needless to say I am so happy. This thread is alamost dead, please post your experiences.
Feb 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Visit My Blog
These are now available for 239.00 usd via Hobby Poeple I believe.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
Always, against the wind
I paid $199 at the beginning of January. My replacement came for free. Yes, I see now the new price $239.
Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Split S
Keep your eye open for sales....They seem to happen all the time.

I have taken my X350 completely apart again. It got super dirty. I like how easy everything goes together on this heli. I think I am going to start looking for clear bodies that will fit.
Feb 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
Always, against the wind

GoPro

Hey Tim, any luck mounting the GoPro?
Feb 18, 2012, 11:10 AM
Split S
Yes and no. I discovered that the HD version of the gopro is much heavier than the First SD version released. So that did not work out too well. But I do have other ideas, just have not had time to venture down those ideas yet.
Feb 19, 2012, 04:17 PM
Always, against the wind

Twin 180 motor Heatsink

I took the temp after an eight minute flight and it was 184F. Is this too high or normal? I am starting thinking about a heatsink for the motors. I know this subject is covered in previous posts but I checked the provided links and they are out of stock. A heatsink for a twin 180 pair like this, will it fit?

http://doublettrc.com/Eflite-EFLH120...-P2201993.aspx

I was wondering if it doesn't then by filing it may fit!! What do you think? The price is really good.
Feb 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
Brosol
I like to see the Extreme Flyers X350's 5ch coaxial setup offered in a S107, NE Solo size heli that binds to a 9x Tx.