Thread Tools
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
nipicopo is offline
Find More Posts by nipicopo
Registered User

Broken props


Hi everyone, i have just crashed my quad, and two props broke, here are some pictures:
Name: photo 1.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 37.8 KB
Description: broken prop

Name: photo 2.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 46.7 KB
Description: overview

Name: photo 3.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 49.2 KB
Description: this one is really weird

Name: photo 4.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 46.6 KB
Description: another view from the weird one

Was this because of the crash or because they were unbalanced and vibrating or something that i did not pay attention to?

Check the prop that did not broke but was bended in some weird way.

Thank you for the comments.

Another question what do you prefer, 2blade or three blade 5030 props?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:40 PM
Freakazoid is offline
Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
I see you are new to multicoptering.
Better get used to going through load of props if you intend on flying these "the fun way".
Personally I like the 3 bladed ones, specifically the gemans, they are stiffer but also more brittle.
Theres some debate open on that though, some stick to 2 bladed.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:44 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Freakazoid is right going through lots of props is part of multicopters i am averaging 6 or 7 props a week at the moment flying my Bambu granted a lot of the time i am flying urban guerilla

My Props are also the gemans which i am slowly starting to dislike as there brittle as hell.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
nipicopo is offline
Find More Posts by nipicopo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I see you are new to multicoptering.
Better get used to going through load of props if you intend on flying these "the fun way".
Personally I like the 3 bladed ones, specifically the gemans, they are stiffer but also more brittle.
Theres some debate open on that though, some stick to 2 bladed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Freakazoid is right going through lots of props is part of multicopters i am averaging 6 or 7 props a week at the moment flying my Bambu granted a lot of the time i am flying urban guerilla

My Props are also the gemans which i am slowly starting to dislike as there brittle as hell.
Ok i knew that was common, but the way that blade bended was weird for me, so i do know that its a normal thing to break props, just maybe i can lower the times it happens by balancing something else than the motors/props..

So i dont have to worry just have some spare props?

I have been recommended the GWS, you say Gemfan (i noticed neither of you two had an F, just geman, is the same brand?) are better?

For the record, im new to multicopters this is my first build, i have been in rc for years, but as you already know quads are a quite different world. I really like this world though!
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Yes you need plenty of props so dont worry nipicopo and yes me meant Gemfan
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:25 PM
FlyinGizm0 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0's Avatar
@widelec:
I built a Y6 micro but it was too little so I sold it to Switzerland :-)

Here is the build video
Angry Bumblebee Y6 Hexacopter (1 min 47 sec)


and here a flight video with GOPRO2 :-)
NANO Y6 GoPro2 (4 min 23 sec)


your stuff just rocks!
greetings
Gerald
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:34 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Very nice gzebedin.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:16 AM
Widelec is offline
Find More Posts by Widelec
Simple is the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzebedin View Post
@widelec:
I built a Y6 micro but it was too little so I sold it to Switzerland :-)

and here a flight video with GOPRO2 :-)
https://vimeo.com/43349821

your stuff just rocks!
greetings
Gerald
NANO Y6 GoPro2 (4 min 23 sec)


wow very nice video.
I did not see jelo effect and any unwanted propeller on the screen
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:45 AM
Freakazoid is offline
Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
Ha! Way to make me feel even better about my purchase!
I just bought a Y6 hoping it would be potent enough with a heavy gopro on it.
And boy is it! That thing flies perfect, still plenty of speed in it with the cam on.

What are your multiwii settings, so I can save myself a headache?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
FlyinGizm0 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0's Avatar
As the frame ist flexible I reduced ROLL and PITCH from 4.0 to 3,6. Thats all.

The IOI MultiWii is just great!

greetings

Gerald


Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Ha! Way to make me feel even better about my purchase!
I just bought a Y6 hoping it would be potent enough with a heavy gopro on it.
And boy is it! That thing flies perfect, still plenty of speed in it with the cam on.

What are your multiwii settings, so I can save myself a headache?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:08 PM
Freakazoid is offline
Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
And everything else is stock settings? Hm id figure it would change a lot since the copter is so small.
I have something similar to the IOI multiwii, its the miniwii from Jussi. I hope it ll be as capable as this one.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
FlyinGizm0 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0's Avatar
yep. I put 2.0 on it, made the calibration and was flying. It was a little wobbly so I went back from 4.0.

thats all.

Giz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
And everything else is stock settings? Hm id figure it would change a lot since the copter is so small.
I have something similar to the IOI multiwii, its the miniwii from Jussi. I hope it ll be as capable as this one.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
Altura is offline
Find More Posts by Altura
Registered User
Altura's Avatar
Nice baby hex FlyinGizm0,
What's the flight time and lipo configuration?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
FlyinGizm0 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0
FlyinGizm0's Avatar
12min hovering with a 3s2200 without cam.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Altura View Post
Nice baby hex FlyinGizm0,
What's the flight time and lipo configuration?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
Freakazoid is offline
Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
Thats a smidgen less then expected. How well does it do with the cam?
Is 10 minutes still obtainable or is it gonna take a bigger battery to get there?
How much throttle is needed to hover with the camera on?

I was planning on hooking up a simple volt OSD and a 200mw 5.8ghz vTX to fly it around with my goggles,
But im starting to think id be better off with a simple CCD cam or something, if I want to obtain that 10 minute mark.
Unless of course this bugger can lift a 2600 pack or something to hit it, that would be fine too.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion BambuCopter *BlueBird QuadCopter, BlueBird TriCopter* SmallQuad 450 AirFrames Widelec Multirotor Talk 343 May 25, 2013 04:00 PM
Discussion HK has a new mini quad frame Pintac Multirotor Talk 20 Sep 28, 2011 11:04 AM
Sold Quad frame for sale!!! previously listed. as full quad. tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 25, 2011 09:56 AM
Sold Mini Quad with G10 frame RXR tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 4 Jul 22, 2011 12:05 AM