Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 26, 2012, 06:49 AM
Registered User
For those still looking for a replacement cowl - this may be an option:
http://www.pw-rc.com/shopping_cart.p...20cowl/sort/3a

I just ordered one (though my plane is still en route), so I'll keep you posted on shipping time/condition of both.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
Registered User
I just finished putting mine together and doing all the mods i could find thru-out this thread.
looks good and will maiden as soon as my batts come in.
looks like the servos for the elevator and rudder are nice size (black) and center well.
wing servos center good too.
cowl is not as flimsy as i thought it would be , i wonder if its been thickened?
rehinged all control surfaces and glued the wings in place as it seemed to have way too much flex at the wing mounts.
wings solid as a rock now.
all is straite and true, cant wait to test her out.
Nov 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybye
I just finished putting mine together and doing all the mods i could find thru-out this thread.
looks good and will maiden as soon as my batts come in.
looks like the servos for the elevator and rudder are nice size (black) and center well.
wing servos center good too.
cowl is not as flimsy as i thought it would be , i wonder if its been thickened?
rehinged all control surfaces and glued the wings in place as it seemed to have way too much flex at the wing mounts.
wings solid as a rock now.
all is straite and true, cant wait to test her out.
Awesome! It's a great plane, I really like mine a LOT! PLEASE do me a favor and double check your ailerons for reversal!

Also, a little suggestion - maiden without the cowl! You'll be glad you did if something goes wrong.

The cowl did feel thicker than I thought as well, but it cracked like an egg in a crash.
Nov 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
Registered User
sounds like fine advice, better to be safe than sorry as it seems the cowl is major hard to find a replacement. ailerons are correct, wont make that mistake again. lol.
I reversed them once and thats all it took. Did the same with the elevator one time too.
nothing like going for an exciting maiden and in ten seconds going out and picking up the wreckage.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar

Help!!


Hey all -

My Rudder servo stripped out on me and I'm looking to replace both my rudder and elevator servos now - unfortunately I know zilch about servos and my wife is headed to the hobby shop for me.

Can anyone provide some parameters for a reasonbly inexpensive replacement?
Nov 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Hey all -

My Rudder servo stripped out on me and I'm looking to replace both my rudder and elevator servos now - unfortunately I know zilch about servos and my wife is headed to the hobby shop for me.

Can anyone provide some parameters for a reasonbly inexpensive replacement?
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...24973u5osnask4

i have bought several from here, so far they work great
Nov 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...24973u5osnask4

i have bought several from here, so far they work great
Thanks! I actually ended up going with the HiTec HS-81 Micros. They fit into the existing tray with just a touch of widening w/ my dremmel. They have 2.6kg/cm (36 oz/inch) of torque, and while I have no idea what that means, I'm hoping it will be sufficient!
Nov 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...24973u5osnask4

i have bought several from here, so far they work great
I just bought 4 of these (2 for rudder/elevator - 2 just to have on hand):

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...24973u5osnask4

I got the UPS delivery notification for my Sbach an hour ago - I'll let you know how they fit when I get home. If they hold up to scrutiny, they will definitely be a bargain!

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p...V030397504057#

(woohoo!)
Dec 01, 2012, 04:10 PM
Registered User
The OF* Moment:

Dynam SBach 342 - Another OF* Moment (2 min 34 sec)


WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE IN THE END!!!
Dec 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
I have SOOOO been there.
Dec 01, 2012, 07:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi
The OF* Moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozY6...ature=youtu.be

WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE IN THE END!!!
there is a solution to the stinking wheels breaking off ! First bigger wheels, then glue the landing gear on real good. And do the mod earlier in this post,where you put CF rods from gear back into fuselage https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post21407524
I used CF round stock and it works great,with bigger wheels 2 1/2 " can take off and land on uneven grass now.
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Dec 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Thanks to FlyAndy for giving me the idea. Thought I'd have a little fun w/ the Sbach and throw a keychain cam in it. I'll have to find a better place to mount it (and clean that canopy!), but get ready to . . . be sick. . There was a NASTY crosswind coming in over the trees behind us, so the landings were a bit interesting with the wind rolling over the runway. My last landing was on the grass - I was just glad to have it down in one piece!

Sbach flight with camera onboard (6 min 52 sec)
Dec 03, 2012, 12:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Thanks to FlyAndy for giving me the idea. Thought I'd have a little fun w/ the Sbach and throw a keychain cam in it. I'll have to find a better place to mount it (and clean that canopy!), but get ready to . . . be sick. . There was a NASTY crosswind coming in over the trees behind us, so the landings were a bit interesting with the wind rolling over the runway. My last landing was on the grass - I was just glad to have it down in one piece!

http://youtu.be/khf1wYNS2Yc
yep made me puke a little in my mouth ! LOL
Dec 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
You should have seen the pilot - he was positively green. I'm sorry I didn't record the next flight - the canopy "ejected" at high altitude. THAT would have been fun to watch from first person point of view. You would have heard the pilot screaming all the way down.
Dec 03, 2012, 03:47 PM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
I had a recent mishap caught on tape as well.

I store my planes without the wingspars installed so I can quickly remove the wings for transport and push in the spars at field. This Sbach fits in the back of my SUV without the wings being removed so idiot me I took it direct from my wall and into the back of my car forgetting there is no wingspar installed...

Well here's the kicker, first few minutes in the air I knew something was wrong as I could see there was a ton of wing flex and brought her down, but instead of looking for the spar, I just tightened the wing screws more and put her back up in the air ... and down she came.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Sbach 342 flyhawk Sport Planes 281 Sep 27, 2014 08:39 AM
Cool Sbach 342 - The wait is over!! FINALLY RC! rcxmachines Giant Scale Airplanes 85 Jan 20, 2010 02:47 AM
Video Sbach 342 - The wait is over!! FINALLY RC! rcxmachines Fuel Plane Talk 0 Aug 21, 2009 01:29 AM
Discussion Two Seat Sbach 342 james-bai Fuel Plane Talk 1 Jul 21, 2009 12:05 AM
Discussion Sbach 342 power system? 150grams BpPilot Indoor Pattern/F3P 5 Apr 11, 2009 08:06 PM