Nov 13, 2011, 06:54 PM
Ask me about VTPR
Discussion

Weekly VTPR fun - Glider Point

In preparation for the June 2012 aerobatic fly-in meet and for just good all around fun there will be bi-weekly Vtpr flying sessions at Glider Point slope, Yorba Linda Ca. A few of us are committed to being there and we invite any and all slope pilots in SoCal who want to learn about or hone your skills flying this exciting style. Lots of new planes are being built and maidened at GP very soon so come on over and join the fun... PM me if you want to meet up or just show up around 3pm on Saturdays. If Sunday is better for you we can do that too.

GLIDER POINT:
Weather,
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KCAYORBA4

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KCAYORBA5

Map,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.052614&z=14

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Starting Point: Junction of the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) and Yorba Linda Blvd: Go N on Yorba Linda Blvd. for 2.6 mi. to Village Center Dr. and turn RIGHT. Go N on Village Center Dr. for 1 mi. to Fairmont Blvd. and turn LEFT. Go W on Fairmont Blvd. for 0.3 mi. to Rim Crest Dr. and turn RIGHT. Go N on Rim Crest Dr. for 0.4 mi. to Blue Gum Dr. and park in the corner. Walk N down the dirt path in the corner to the tee and turn LEFT. Walk W up the path 0.3 mi. to the flying area.

Eric
Last edited by oldscooler; Jun 13, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2011, 08:44 PM
Maybe I can make it there this coming weekend. We almost went today..
Nov 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
Ask me about VTPR
Weather is quite unpredictable and choppy right now... Will post when we think its worth the hike up. Or just PM me say Thursday/Friday prior. Have you got your Fish's built?

E
Nov 13, 2011, 11:29 PM
haha - What fish? We don't have any fish! Had to go after LEG to get our money back.
Feb 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Ask me about VTPR
It's time... Weather is turning around to favorable conditions now. We will be at The Point available to assist and fly with you in Vtpr mode beginning this Saturday. We arrive on the slope around 3pm in time for the afternoon breeze. Bring your aerobatic planes that your ok with ditching on the turf a few times. It promises to be a fun day of slope aerobatics down low.

Eric
Mar 09, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ask me about VTPR
NOTICE:

VTPR practice/clinic this Saturday afternoon at Glider Point slope. Hope to see you there.

Eric
Mar 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Glider Point looks good for today. I'll be up about 2pm.
Mar 11, 2012, 05:43 AM
Ask me about VTPR
Nice to meet you Elmog at The Point today. Also Crash Prone was down from Washington state ripping the sky with his 2 Espada R's. Had a nice size group and lots of fun. We flew some PSP's and the big Sonics with great delight. The air got real glassy as it usually does around 5pm. Terrific sunset and awsome flying fun today.

Was able to air out the Sonic as much as the medium lift allowed. Just a fabulous plane low and slow. The plane promotes great confidence to the pilot (me) and oozes aerobatic perfection! Today was my 3rd flight with the new ship and i already feel at home. This is gonna be a fun year!

Hope to see more guys next weekend and bring your acro ships and join in gettin low! VTPR now Rocks here in the US!

Eric
Last edited by oldscooler; Mar 12, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Mar 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
haha - What fish? We don't have any fish! Had to go after LEG to get our money back.
That doesn't sound like the Jack I know at all ?
Mar 11, 2012, 09:51 PM
It was a good day of flying. Hadn't been sloping for a couple of months and it was nice to be back at GP. Nice meeting all of you and see you soon!
Mar 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
You make me sound like a piggy.

I only have one and a half!
Mar 12, 2012, 03:58 AM
Ask me about VTPR

Vtpr practice #1

First I want to thank Crash Prone for voluntering to film us having fun. I completely forgot to hand him my HD cam but he quickly pulled out his trusty iPhone. The quality is actually not bad IMO. Thanks Jeremy! And his friend Mike who took photos of the session we will be receiving soon on DVD. And finally the other gents on the slope for letting the Captain and I take over the slope so we could feel free on the sticks without worry getting low. Thanks guys!

Well, we learned a bunch this session. The ships were built in the off season waiting for this year to begin doing their thing and boy did they perform. Only limit was the pilot(s). Mind you this was the first official outing attempting VTPR with them and as you can see we already feel confident. Little tentative but within minutes it felt right at home. These birds are absolutely rock-solid and as stable and predictable as you would ever want in a 2.5. Sorry guys, this to me is thee best 2.5m acro ship on the planet. Aint going to convince me otherwise. I have so much to learn as the Sonic teaches me to fly lower and cleaner.

Hope more of you come out on Saturdays. Flying season is here so no excuses. The 2nd VTPR Meet will be held at GP so come out and get some stick time.

Best, Eric

VTPR practice session #1 (4 min 10 sec)
Last edited by oldscooler; Mar 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Mar 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
Piscine Promulgator
The Sonics are wonderful flyers and you guys did a good job building them. Glad to see the being put towards their intended use - they're flying great.

Steve
Mar 12, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wind Powered
I really like those lines.
Is the Sonic 2.5 a kit or from plans?
gr
Mar 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Fuselage sourced from France and scratchbuilt everything else. Only 2 in the US.

Steve