Oct 17, 2021, 08:45 AM
Frustrating right? Utah seems to be in a logistics vortex or something. I recently had a 8# trailer hitch custom built and shipped from Botany, Australia to Phoenix, AZ USA. Had it in less than 2 weeks. But, there remain places where time stands still.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2021, 11:18 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
The postal system is very sick. According to the tracking information that gets posted most packages are not being tracked and arrive at destination before they arrive at our local post office. Shipping that should be 3-5 days is often 1-2 weeks and the post office says it will slow down even more before Christmas. At this time packages being sent to Australia are being returned to us because of some postal problem between the two countries.

We have looked at UPS and other carriers but they are twice the price and often share some of the resources with USPS.
Oct 18, 2021, 05:31 PM

Albatross arrived!

In spite of themselves, USPS actaually delivered the Albatross today.
Oct 18, 2021, 09:36 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Even on the not tracked or missing packages the packages usually arrive but once they leave our hands there is little we can do.

The Post office needs to get this figured out. I guess that the majority of their income was on flat mail and now with covid and all the online and email use cutting into their profits and all the big packages they have to figure out other ways to survive.
Oct 20, 2021, 10:18 AM
If you are going to laminate the wing, do you move the dowels back to counteract the weight difference?
Oct 21, 2021, 12:39 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
I usually add a bigger motor and battery but I have also ha to add some lead to make it balance. If you do move the dowel back I would not move it more than 1".
Oct 25, 2021, 02:58 PM
A few Albatross questions:

Is it best to install the pod straight and then use the motor mount to set the requires angles.

How well does the Albatross handle crashes? How many have had to repair a pod mount
or tail?
Oct 25, 2021, 04:36 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I angled the plate. Either way should work fine.
The only damage my Albatross has experienced is failure of the glue hinges. A 5 minute fix when I get home, so not worth doing anything about.
Oct 26, 2021, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the info. Hope to give it a try soon.
Oct 26, 2021, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I usually add a bigger motor and battery but I have also ha to add some lead to make it balance. If you do move the dowel back I would not move it more than 1".
Maidened the Albatross with ailerons today. Thought my previous Albatross with poly wing was fun! I did laminate the wing, but not the tail. Used a Hobbystar 2208 (3530 1700kv) and it balanced with at 1300 3S.

I always take an Albatross with me because I know if nothing else will fly, the Albatross will. Now I have two to chose from. The guys at the field have nicknamed the poly Albatross "old reliable".

They aint seen nothing yet.

Great plane.

Thanks, Lee.
Last edited by tomlogan1; Oct 28, 2021 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Update
Oct 27, 2021, 01:30 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Good old reliable is right.

Albatross Bomber with Ailerons (12 min 31 sec)
Nov 20, 2021, 02:43 PM

New CTH Shipment 11-20-2021

Lee & James did a heck of a job responding to my requests. Product shipped today, What's the over/under on it getting here by Christmas?

Again, no slam at CTH, just having a bit of fun with the Orem, UT post office.
Nov 20, 2021, 05:05 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlogan1
Lee & James did a heck of a job responding to my requests. Product shipped today, What's the over/under on it getting here by Christmas?

Again, no slam at CTH, just having a bit of fun with the Orem, UT post office.
Apparently the post office is in the process of upgrading their tracking. They tell us they have started to use a new system but it isn't integrated with the old system so it their customer tracking isn't working. We are frustrated that packages will sometimes arrive at the customers house before the post office says they received it. If the tracking says the shipping label is printed your package is in the mail.

It isn't just our post office but we are hearing similar complaints across the country. The post office has become a major problem for Christmas. It is hit and miss on how long it takes. There is no way for us to predict who will get packages on time.

One of the customers sent me this.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/snail-ma...-mean-for-you/

Lee
Nov 21, 2021, 03:05 PM

You must have had a come to ..... meeting with USPS, Lee

Progress
Last edited by tomlogan1; Nov 21, 2021 at 03:07 PM. Reason: attachment
Nov 22, 2021, 07:19 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP