Jun 13, 2017, 12:47 PM
I am flying a albatross wit a 2812 motor, 7X4 prop(all I had at the minute).. seems rather anemic. Anyone run a bigger motor? I'm running mine right now on the nose, but have the pylon installed.

thanks ........Bill
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2017, 01:49 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0
I am flying a albatross wit a 2812 motor, 7X4 prop(all I had at the minute).. seems rather anemic. Anyone run a bigger motor? I'm running mine right now on the nose, but have the pylon installed.

thanks ........Bill
Do you have the aileron wing or poly wing?
Jun 13, 2017, 02:23 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:

thanks ........Bill
2S or 3S? I run my poly Alb 2812/7x5/pylon on 3S and think it goes okay. Won't sustain vertical, but that wasn't a need. It'll do everything else.

If I wanted more, I guess my next step would be a BE2208/1800 which is similar but another 100 watts.
Jun 13, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Do you have the aileron wing or poly wing?
I have both wings. I haven't tried the aileron wing yet.

Just looked and I have the pylon aimed at the wrong corner too, so I guess it's going to have to fly with the motor on the nose..
Jun 13, 2017, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I have two of them. I put the better spiral antennas on them. I think this video was using one from the card in the camera not the down load video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2vAkVnsiY
Are you flying FPV or line of sight? If line of sight how does that rig work for FPV?
Jun 13, 2017, 03:56 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete41
Are you flying FPV or line of sight? If line of sight how does that rig work for FPV?
I have done both. I have a problem with my nearsightedness. My Fatshark googles work better than my box goggles with the base station. I also have a screen. I haven't done a long distance with it.
Jun 13, 2017, 04:51 PM
Put a 7X6 prop on it. Different animal now.

Goofed the pylon though.
Jun 13, 2017, 05:53 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
It's wood. Can't you just sand the proper angle on it?
Jun 13, 2017, 08:02 PM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
It's wood. Can't you just sand the proper angle on it?
Or alternately, set it in front of a space hater for 15min until the hot glue softens (assuming you used hot glue), and then just twist it slowly.
Jun 13, 2017, 08:07 PM
I'm going to try to soften the glue and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.
Jun 13, 2017, 08:13 PM
Unregistered User
Quote:
I'm going to try to soften the glue and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.
Careful with the heat, you want to kind of "bake" it just enough to soften the glue. Slightly more heat and the foam starts withering. Better to set it too far from the source and then scoot it closer when it's insufficient than to get overzealous and melt something.
Jun 13, 2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks
Jun 13, 2017, 10:44 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
That should be interesting. Foam is outstanding insulation. I can see it blocking any attempt to heat the glue. Might be easier to heat the pylon and hope the heat travels down the stick. But wood's not a bad insulator either.
Jun 14, 2017, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete41
Lee--At one time you mentioned putting a Mobius camera on the docking station sold for the Mobius and using it for FPV. Did that happen? If so, how did it workout for you? It sounds like an easy way to get FPV on an Albatross. Added benefit of the ability to record the flight. Sounds too simple to be true. Did it work ?
Pete, in my opinion the cheapest and easiest way to start in FPV is the vtx03.

Check it out:

CTH Albatross w/ Eachine TX03 (5 min 50 sec)
Jun 14, 2017, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog
Pete, in my opinion the cheapest and easiest way to start in FPV is the vtx03.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHZ_UDCKWK8
Looks like a reasonable solution. I am going to give it a try.

Quick Reply