Nov 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Quadcopter Frame BUILD Thread

DJI Quadcopter Frame F450 "Flame Wheel"

250grams 450 size quad, simon says its good for 50-ish gram motors which hacker clones would be perfect

http://www.heliguy.com/Extras/Multic...dcopter-Frame/
also ( free with a dji flight contol system purchase)

few of us got lucky and got them for $45 bucks but the price went up due to some wholesale costs ( per Alex). but the things looks to be the best bang for buck for bashing around. not for AP etc..

the uniqueness about it is, the lower plate is the flight control mounting deck with a built in power distributor board and the top plate will hold your battery down with straps or Velcro if you like. but because i would rather put a top deck protecting the battery i am giving 4 of those top plates for free to the 4 of us who got i tfirst. ( just have to purchase your own standoffs and screws ) for couple bucks .

I REALLY LIKE THIS FRAME! mainly for simplicity and strength sake!

Check out the vid
-
Dji voliet test of F450 frame (1 min 19 sec)

-
Ok so after discovering i got Black/White it inspired me to customize the props and motors to match. so this will be my DJI Fram tribute.

since i also have vinyl cutters with my cnc routers at home i was able to draw up and cut some custom computer decals for my motors and props.

hope you guys like it, do you think i should make all motors black with white lettering or leave them to match the white arms? i like it but can go either way!.
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Here is Droider's 450 build video, frame only, from MRF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m3sO3D-KoBk
Nov 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Here is Droider's 450 build video, frame only, from MRF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m3sO3D-KoBk
better link
WooKong F450 Frame (5 min 32 sec)
Nov 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thanks, sometimes I am embedded challenged.
Nov 11, 2011, 12:50 PM
The Price for the frame is going to be $80 I was told. We will have them for sale shortly.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:02 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor
The Price for the frame is going to be $80 I was told. We will have them for sale shortly.
yes $78 right now but the 4 of us were able to get great pricing from Alex at Heliguy.com for $45 each, warthox just bought the last one currently though.

hopefully you can update us here when you get them since i would rather buy them from you in the USA and i want atleast 1 or 2 more.
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Nov 11, 2011 at 01:08 PM.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Thanks, sometimes I am embedded challenged.
lol i do it sometimes as well lol
Nov 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
yes $78 right now but the 4 of us were able to get great pricing from Alex at Heliguy.com for $45 each, warthox just bought the last one currently though.
LOL thats cus he sold u guys frames he was "given" free to "give" to his customers.

@QA Not saying u did anything wrong. Heck I was thinking of buying 1 for that price.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Map!

Glad I got one when I did. With shipping it was about $60 and it will be here next week.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
LOL thats cus he sold u guys frames he was "given" free to "give" to his customers.

@QA Not saying u did anything wrong. Heck I was thinking of buying 1 for that price.
lol tony i know i agree 100% im pretty sure that is dead right ironic went out of stock right after. alex is a good guy tho.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor
Any info on the smaller version of this frame, the F330?
Nov 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
lol tony i know i agree 100% im pretty sure that is dead right ironic went out of stock right after. alex is a good guy tho.
I should have mine in about a week. It will B good for practicing flipping but wish it was lighter. I guess u cant have both light and indestructable like this frame LOL.
Nov 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
I should have mine in about a week. It will B good for practicing flipping but wish it was lighter. I guess u cant have both light and indestructable like this frame LOL.
yea the frame is great value for learning to sport fly. i think the 250 grams with hacker clones will be fine for me i flew with other stuff heavier. but the simplicity of setting up a board on the frame is nice! i am planning on letting my 4 year old start on this frame,
Nov 12, 2011, 12:12 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by javemtr
Any info on the smaller version of this frame, the F330?
where did you see it?
Nov 12, 2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
where did you see it?
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE5MzQ3Nzg0.html

Quick Reply