Dec 06, 2011, 03:58 PM
"The Judge"
OK, thanks man, at least I know if 4s will be to slow , then I can put in a good 5s pack.... It all depens on how easy she will be throwing and landing, I dont want it to feel like a brick just to get 15mph more.

I will put pictures when she arrives, and weigh every part.

I will try keep her as light as possible ( pushrod elevator= CF, NOT steel ) and maybee I have the "light" version ? I hope so, then maybee 5s lipos wont bee to heavy ..

The only problem I have right now, before even getting her, I was thinking of my GM 5x5 folder, but if that prop performs bad over 35000 rpm, then its a no go... And I hate changing props every other time, and there will be many props breaking when so heavy....

Maybee a 4s 1200-1300 watt power system in this little deadmachine will fill my needs we will see, at least then I can keep the GM 5x5...

I hope they ship her tomorrow, I payed for it yesterday on Ebay.de..... But no mail of it beeing shipped yet..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2011, 04:06 PM
200mph +
Thread OP
I didn't get any mail saying shipped either.

But the time I asked (a week after I paid) they gave me the number, and it was already in New Zealand.

Good luck!
Dec 08, 2011, 06:36 AM
"The Judge"
Why arent there more interest in this bird ?

Its all CF, its comparable cheep to others in its class, its probably faster then Stilleto/escape, sunracer and others, it swallows up to 5s lipos, probably no flutter as it has dubble servos in wing, and really small ailerons, making it to the probably fastest experiance/thrills you can get, maybee +200mph in a bird so small, must be an experiance ..

I cant see any downs with it..
Dec 08, 2011, 09:49 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Why arent there more interest in this bird ?

Its all CF, its comparable cheep to others in its class, its probably faster then Stilleto/escape, sunracer and others, it swallows up to 5s lipos, probably no flutter as it has dubble servos in wing, and really small ailerons, making it to the probably fastest experiance/thrills you can get, maybee +200mph in a bird so small, must be an experiance ..

I cant see any downs with it..
Its christmas and I have to buy other people presents before myself.

Bahumbug
Dec 08, 2011, 01:13 PM
Sure it'll work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Its christmas and I have to buy other people presents before myself.

Bahumbug
I'm other people.......

........But you've already sent me two early Christmas presents

Thanks again.....you are no Scruge Chris.

Peace, Bill
Dec 08, 2011, 01:17 PM
"The Judge"
OK, I bought one for me at Christmas

Just hope it arrives before..
Dec 09, 2011, 09:36 AM
sebbe - I've got a (HJK Monster) sitting at the post office in Canada waiting my return from southern holidays.
Just my opinion (on your earlier question) I think there are folks that are not "pulling the trigger" on these planes due to the fact that they are NOT an ARF. There is alot to building one successfully and you must have some serious building experience. Not to mention it is all carbon which very few guys on this side of the pond know much about. Most people today want "instant" everything. These are not "Plug & Play" by any stretch....I would even like to see the Motor Mount included and installed...and that is just the tip of the ice berg.
As the company grows they should probably offer more than just a carbon shell but obviously that would cost more and rightly so! Just my humble opinion!
Dec 09, 2011, 10:24 AM
"The Judge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer
sebbe - I've got a (HJK Monster) sitting at the post office in Canada waiting my return from southern holidays.
Just my opinion (on your earlier question) I think there are folks that are not "pulling the trigger" on these planes due to the fact that they are NOT an ARF. There is alot to building one successfully and you must have some serious building experience. Not to mention it is all carbon which very few guys on this side of the pond know much about. Most people today want "instant" everything. These are not "Plug & Play" by any stretch....I would even like to see the Motor Mount included and installed...and that is just the tip of the ice berg.
As the company grows they should probably offer more than just a carbon shell but obviously that would cost more and rightly so! Just my humble opinion!
Yepp you are right, I dont have anything against making my own motormount and horns, and so on, but i the same time I understand others wantings in buying ARF:s...

I hope mine arrives soon, want to check out this beauty..

Dec 09, 2011, 03:42 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Just curiois: are the wing bolts/retainers fitted when delivered?
Dec 09, 2011, 04:35 PM
200mph +
Thread OP
Not on the Lp1.

I had to drill the hole in both the wing and the fuse, and I reused a ally plate that was tapped from another model.
Dec 09, 2011, 04:58 PM
Why the heck don't they do that for their customers? Would be so much easier during production with templates and measurements QC'ed than the effort required on the customers end. Guess that this will be a showstopper for many interested buyers - including me...
Dec 09, 2011, 06:11 PM
Arcteryxxx - I studied the pics really close of the Monster prior to buying it and it is literally a carbon shell with nothing installed drilled or fitted. The only reason I bought mine was getting a good deal on a "blem" model in an Ebay auction. I would not pay the money they want for a non blem due to how incomplete the kit is.
Will do a build thread on mine around the first of the year when I get back home.
Dec 09, 2011, 06:24 PM
I'll be subscribing. Their models look beautiful, but the lack of finesse is just irritating! And what seemed to be a good Viper/X-plane rival, the T1, is missing on their web shop. Just might have to buy another bucket of epoxy and some CF cloth and start from scratch.... Or just send my funds elswhere...
Dec 09, 2011, 10:27 PM
200mph +
Thread OP
I won't be test flying my mega powered lp1 tomorrow...

Gave it a once over to check I had put it all back together, and had no servo movement...

My hyperion bec is putting out 2.0v instead of 5......
Dec 10, 2011, 12:20 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
That sucks man, I was gonna say take my X's one off, but just realised ive still got it.

Quick Reply